WASP European Tour 2010

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
PyroMessiah86

Re: WASP European Tour 2010

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Ok this has surprised me!

Turns out Ace has indeed been contacted to support W.A.S.P. in Nov but I'm still not convinced there's a great chance of it actually happening though for a number of reasons.
I'm still waiting on a full list of confirmed dates from the record label so If I get any more news on this I'll post in this thread. :D
Shane
The Originals (1976)

Post by Shane »

When I last spoke to Anthony earlier this week he said that Ace was doing nothing at the moment and that he's really fed up with it. But he did also mention that he was looking to start touring again in the fall, so it is a possibility.
PyroMessiah86

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Yeah I know (check my first post), but there's quite a few reasons why this probably won't happen anyway.
It was most likely a promotor/agent looking to do the double bill but..

1. Ace will want a high fee.
2. Lawless won't want to split the cash 50/50 when W.A.S.P. fill all of the venues they play pretty consistantly tour after tour by themselves.
3. The ticket price on the tour is exactly the same as when its W.A.S.P. + random (usually naff) support act.

The billing just doesnt make sense money wise so thats why I was surprised to find out Ace was actually approached to do this. The possibility of it happening is actually very low when the bands get involved.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Maybe the WASP/Ace thing could happen in the future. It would undoubtably create a lot of interest. Ace is never going to do anything quickly so it is likely to take a while to organise but then WASP tour Europe every year anyway so maybe in 12 mths time. Plus WASP are selling out venues with next to zero PR, their tour promotions are some of the worst of any band and yet they are filling venues. With some hype, Ace in tow and a price increase maybe WASP could make the much needed jump to a few bigger venues - instead of Manchester Academy2 and even the Cavern Club (I was there, it was cool but wtf!) on the Crimson Idol tour.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Just thinking about this....
Isn't Ace's book supposed to be ready for November or is that his 1st draft deadline ?
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

AxeBass wrote:Maybe the WASP/Ace thing could happen in the future. It would undoubtably create a lot of interest. Ace is never going to do anything quickly so it is likely to take a while to organise but then WASP tour Europe every year anyway so maybe in 12 mths time. Plus WASP are selling out venues with next to zero PR, their tour promotions are some of the worst of any band and yet they are filling venues. With some hype, Ace in tow and a price increase maybe WASP could make the much needed jump to a few bigger venues - instead of Manchester Academy2 and even the Cavern Club (I was there, it was cool but wtf!) on the Crimson Idol tour.
You'd think the double bill would create a lot of interest, but i remember the dismal showing at the Priest / Megadeth gigs, they even resorted to 2-4-1 ticket offers in the end. Sadly, Ace just doesn't interest anyone but Kiss fans.
ImageImageImageImage
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Father Jack wrote:Just thinking about this....
Isn't Ace's book supposed to be ready for November or is that his 1st draft deadline ?
Whoever is writing it better get a move on then :wink:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I just hope its not Peter Criss. His bookwriting prowess is legendary :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:I just hope its not Peter Criss. His bookwriting prowess is legendary :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a very catty remark sir! :lol: :lol: :shock: :roll:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Meow !!! :lol:
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Manchester & Dublin for me & little brother. Dublin is gonna be messy - flight lands at 9am .... WASP on stage at 9pm :D
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

U had better get your best drinking head on for that day then. :lol:
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

AxeBass wrote:Manchester & Dublin for me & little brother. Dublin is gonna be messy - flight lands at 9am .... WASP on stage at 9pm :D
It's hard to get drunk in Dublin though, it sobers you up when they tell you how much the round you just got in cost!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

And take plenty of money....!! Ask Karl and Dan u need to be very rich to get drunk in Dublin...!!!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Dublin is expensive - but very, very friendly.
Been to a few gigs in Dublin - AnthraX, MetallicA, Lepps, KISS

Niteworker, Sweet Pain can testify the expensive side of Dublin :wink:

Going to Dublin just after New Year, to celebrate in true craic style - the 25th Anniversary of Phil Lynott's death
http://www.vibeforphilo.com/index2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;