New York

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Frehley75

New York

Post by Frehley75 »

I’m off to New York next week, my first time. I’ve wangled a day to myself when the wife and step daughter do whatever girls do in New York and I have rough plans to get to the DTK cover spot, MSG, Electric Lady, CBGBS’s site, maybe Bleeker St (I don’t intend to rival young Danny Hill’s trip!)

Anyone have any other spots worth seeking out – particularly hidden away second hand record shops etc. NY’s version of Cash Converters!?

And then it’ll be back down to Earth, Saturday night in Grims-Vegas!
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Pete

Re: New York

Post by Pete »

Frehley75 wrote:I’m off to New York next week, my first time. I’ve wangled a day to myself when the wife and step daughter do whatever girls do in New York and I have rough plans to get to the DTK cover spot, MSG, Electric Lady, CBGBS’s site, maybe Bleeker St (I don’t intend to rival young Danny Hill’s trip!)

Anyone have any other spots worth seeking out – particularly hidden away second hand record shops etc. NY’s version of Cash Converters!?

Have fun!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Since you only have a day ... I won't suggest a visit to Eric Carr's resting place.

Although - the bus does stop at a shopping complex on the way to Newburgh (upstate New York).
Trying desperately to remember what that place is called. So you could suggest a shopping stop for Mrs F75 and step daughter - whilst you travel slightly further upstate to Paul Caravello's resting place at Cedar Hills Mausoleum, Newburgh.
(if you think it's viable - text me and i'll phone you tonight 8) )

Niteworker has told me of shopping places around Times Square - which have KISS merch (old and new) - over to you Mr Niteworker.
Last edited by Dan bach on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

F75,

racked my brain and this is the shopping place .... many New Yorkers travel here - after the bus stops here - bus is virtually empty up to Newburgh.
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bus time - 1 & 1/2 hours one way.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Get a Subway card. Most useful.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Dan bach wrote:F75,

racked my brain and this is the shopping place .... many New Yorkers travel here - after the bus stops here - bus is virtually empty up to Newburgh.
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Dan, that might be a bit far for this trip though.

Hopefully Bill Oddie, sorry, niteworker can pass on his knowledge.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Pete wrote:Get a Subway card. Most useful.
Oi your on a Diet :D :wink:

http://www.mta.info/metrocard/mcgtreng.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by crad on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Frehley75 wrote:I’m off to New York next week, my first time. I’ve wangled a day to myself when the wife and step daughter do whatever girls do in New York and I have rough plans to get to the DTK cover spot, MSG, Electric Lady, CBGBS’s site, maybe Bleeker St (I don’t intend to rival young Danny Hill’s trip!)

Wow, enjoy your trip never been myself , the better half wants to go have a blast :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

Never been myself, but i've managed to squeeze a day in NY into my Kiss Kruise trip, so looking forward to what hidden gems you find! :D
ImageImageImageImage
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

Frehley75 wrote:
Dan bach wrote:F75,

Thanks Dan, that might be a bit far for this trip though.

Hopefully Bill Oddie, sorry, niteworker can pass on his knowledge.
Hi Tim.
Colony 1619 Broadway is a good place for KISS merch.its just past times square on the left.Theres another comic store about 40th streetand Broadway,its on 2 floors,then there is virgin records in times square,then there is a wall/k mart near MSG Arena.Have a great time in NY...
by*agrmt
Alive II (1977)

Post by by*agrmt »

The loft on 10 E. 23rd St., part of that is a comic store now. The staircase up to it hasn't changed. One of the very early KISS shots where they looked like drag queens was taken on those stairs. There's a clip on youtube of it.
Colony Records is easy to find; the band did a famous photo shoot in front of the window that had a 'Destroyer' display in it. These appeared in one of the Music Life KISS special's and 'The KISS Years' book. There's also the Empire State Building of course where you can go up, hang off the edge and have your photo taken as per the legendary poster.