KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Talk about anything KISS related here.
User avatar
Gojira1975
Gene Simmons (1978)
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:38 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby Gojira1975 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:26 pm

TONYSOUTH wrote:
Gojira1975 wrote:Unrest and terrorism hasn't stopped any other band, so I doubt it is for that reason.


I bet it's contractual?



Or poor sales for their own shows? Who knows...

I did think at the time it was a little odd the band announcing Euro shows in the middle of...well, nothing really. Nothing to promote, no anniversary etc. That and the fact that only Germany and Italy were announced. Maybe they wanted more territories to make it worth their while and couldn't get them? God knows, all speculation of course.
DEATH TO FALSE METAL

benambro
Dressed To Kill (1975)
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby benambro » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Gojira1975 wrote:
TONYSOUTH wrote:
Gojira1975 wrote:Unrest and terrorism hasn't stopped any other band, so I doubt it is for that reason.


I bet it's contractual?



Or poor sales for their own shows? Who knows...

I did think at the time it was a little odd the band announcing Euro shows in the middle of...well, nothing really. Nothing to promote, no anniversary etc. That and the fact that only Germany and Italy were announced. Maybe they wanted more territories to make it worth their while and couldn't get them? God knows, all speculation of course.


I think they are pulling the wrong territories, the UK is a perfect example, people shouting 'UK tour' at download, the amount of UKer's going to the Kruise, people asking for a UK tour on nearly everything they post. You could say I'm being biased, but look at the Motley Crue European dates and the voting system, pretty sure the UK was the only country were all venues were chosen from high votes, and yes that was for Motley Crue but I'd say probably a huge chunk of those who voted are also Kiss fans or just general rock fans who would want to see them or just any rock show.

but i will say, if kiss are only going to do a few shows, it will benefit mr *-) voice and will make their next tour (which I can imagine it being their last) even more special.

User avatar
b.monkey4
Destroyer (1976)
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:51 am

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby b.monkey4 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:45 pm

I reckon they've cancelled italy but those in charge weren't supposed to reveal the fact that the euro tour is off.
It didn't look good that it came from this source and not kiss, so the band have made them pull the announcement off their site.
Within the next week or so it will probably be cancelled officially.
Of course, i hope i'm wrong...
READ MY NAME.

benambro
Dressed To Kill (1975)
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm
Location: Teesside

KISS CANCEL ITALY

Postby benambro » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:51 pm

but German dates are still up!

http://www.kissonline.com/tour

Hopefully this means a tour announcement soon

St john
KISS (1974)
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby St john » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:19 pm

on kiss news website it's saying the german show's are cancelled now.still on kissonline tho.

User avatar
TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Peckham

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby TONYSOUTH » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:16 pm

All dates cancelled :mad:
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

Image

Pete
Moderator
Posts: 17097
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Lost in Limbo...

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:13 am

TONYSOUTH wrote:All dates cancelled :mad:


Yup. Noticed that myself.
Aah well...have to hope there's a residency again. Wonder if it will be in the HRH again or if they move to Rio's where the Crazy Golf is moving to..?
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Image

benambro
Dressed To Kill (1975)
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby benambro » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:33 pm

They'll probably announce something in 2021...

rsauye
Rock And Roll Over (1976)
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: EVERTON

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby rsauye » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Date's Taken Off Kiss on line
But No Reason

User avatar
TONYSOUTH
Alive II (1977)
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Peckham

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby TONYSOUTH » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:45 pm

From my point of view, as a long life KISS fan who has lost money on flights and hotels and already booked my 3rd Kiss Kruise, I am very disappointed that the band have not come out and told us why the tour has been cancelled? I understand they have the right to cancel the tour, but on the last Kruise Gene was showing people on he's phone all the dates including one date in the UK, so something changed between the announcement on 11th November of the 3 German dates and Italian date the next day and what happened on 13th November.
This is only my opinion… it is neither right nor wrong (but my lovely wife tells me I'm always wrong)!

Image

Pete
Moderator
Posts: 17097
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Lost in Limbo...

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:11 am

TONYSOUTH wrote:From my point of view, as a long life KISS fan who has lost money on flights and hotels and already booked my 3rd Kiss Kruise, I am very disappointed that the band have not come out and told us why the tour has been cancelled? I understand they have the right to cancel the tour, but on the last Kruise Gene was showing people on he's phone all the dates including one date in the UK, so something changed between the announcement on 11th November of the 3 German dates and Italian date the next day and what happened on 13th November.


I understand your point of view and sympathise with you. However someone of the FAQ raised a very good point that maybe we should consider...

Kiss are a high profile rock band that proudly support the US troops in a very vocal way and are led by two members of the Jewish faith. This could make them an obvious target in the eyes of certain religous factions. If the band have actually received a threat against them, maybe they couldn't give a reason why the shows were pulled???

Hopefully we'll see them in Europe again sometime in the non too distant future...
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Image

benambro
Dressed To Kill (1975)
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby benambro » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:18 pm

I feel like their is a bigger underlying issue with Kiss right now, they have no direction, nothing to sell or promote. Anyone else notice the 'Kiss 40' banner still up at the meet & greet in Oklahoma, they've been 40 for a several years now. I just think they are lost at what they could do, which is leading to mistakes and a unplanned tour.

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 am
Location: The Mariana Trench

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby madmark » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:04 pm

As someone said to me recently......State Fairs and Casinos........? Hmmm
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?

Pete
Moderator
Posts: 17097
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Lost in Limbo...

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby Pete » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:21 am

madmark wrote:As someone said to me recently......State Fairs and Casinos........? Hmmm


They'd be better off doing a proper farewell tour (including another Vegas residency) and packing it in. Make nice with Ace & Peter (lifes too short for grudges), get them on for Rock and Roll All Night at each show and sail off into the sunset...

Totally agree they seem to be a rudderless ship right now though.

Tommy can work on archive Kiss releases, Eric can rejoin Alice Cooper's band, Gene can do whatever Gene wants and Paul can do Soul Station & paint.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

Image

User avatar
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)
Posts: 2232
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Re: KISS CANCEL THE EUROPEAN TOUR 2016

Postby AxeBass » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:34 am

Pete wrote:
madmark wrote:As someone said to me recently......State Fairs and Casinos........? Hmmm


They'd be better off doing a proper farewell tour (including another Vegas residency) and packing it in. Make nice with Ace & Peter (lifes too short for grudges), get them on for Rock and Roll All Night at each show and sail off into the sunset...

Totally agree they seem to be a rudderless ship right now though.

Tommy can work on archive Kiss releases, Eric can rejoin Alice Cooper's band, Gene can do whatever Gene wants and Paul can do Soul Station & paint.


Less than 12 months from them blowing us all away at Download and the belief is fading ....

Strange that they are pretending that the tour never existed and have not said anything. That is tough on fans who had booked flights and hotels but I think it must be because of security concerns and to say something would only put the issue in the spotlight and make any future touring plans very difficult to promote.


Return to “General KISS Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 10 guests