Additional UK dates ??

Talk about anything KISS related here.
St john
KISS (1974)

Additional UK dates ??

Postby St john » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm

With next years tour selling well do you think any more dates will be added ? the extra shows on the sonic boom tour sold well (apart from liverpool) so could it happen after london? ( Sheffield Nottingham Newcastle and Dublin arenas are all free june 2nd )

Pete

Re: Additional UK dates ??

Postby Pete » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:40 am

Doubtful. Promoters won't want to get burned again. Possibly an additional London show but wouldn't think there'll be any more regional shows.
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Postby madmark » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:11 am

I think Newcastle would probably do pretty well..
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:35 am

madmark wrote:I think Newcastle would probably do pretty well..

That would probably be the only one that would.

The problem last time was announcing Liverpool & Sheffield after Manchester. If they'd all be announced at the same time all three shows would've sold similarly as opposed to a nearly sold out Manchester & partially (barely in some cases) sold shows...
Pete

St john
KISS (1974)

Postby St john » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:18 pm

I think Nottingham arena would be a good venue for them as its not that big and its available .We shall see.

gareth
Destroyer (1976)

Postby gareth » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:00 pm

I wish they'd come to Cardiff. :(

After all, playing in another Capital City of another Country would surely be an advantageous feather in their Kiss Kap.

We've got loads of venues here, from intimate places that hold a few hundred right up to the stadium which holds 75 thousand, and everything in between (Motorpoint Arena holds 5k seated, and 7.5k standing), so it's not like we don't have a venue suitable. :roll:

K'mon Kiss, you visited all the home nations on the Sonic tour, except Wales.......time to put that oversight right! :wink:

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm

gareth wrote:I wish they'd come to Cardiff. :(

After all, playing in another Capital City of another Country would surely be an advantageous feather in their Kiss Kap.

We've got loads of venues here, from intimate places that hold a few hundred right up to the stadium which holds 75 thousand, and everything in between (Motorpoint Arena holds 5k seated, and 7.5k standing), so it's not like we don't have a venue suitable. :roll:

K'mon Kiss, you visited all the home nations on the Sonic tour, except Wales.......time to put that oversight right! :wink:

Which venue did they play in 1992 on the UK Revenge tour?
Pete

Sweet Ophelia
KISS (1974)

Postby Sweet Ophelia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Pete wrote:
gareth wrote:I wish they'd come to Cardiff. :(

Which venue did they play in 1992 on the UK Revenge tour?

It was in the ice rink. They did an album signing in HMV first. The ice rink isn't there anymore and I think the capacity was only a few thousand. It was a cracking show. I think they underestimated the ceiling height though as they did a bit of damage with the pyrotechnics.

gareth
Destroyer (1976)

Postby gareth » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:51 pm

Yep, that's right, it was the Ice Rink, which isn't there any more.

25 years is too long a time since they played a gig in Wales!

Sweet Ophelia
KISS (1974)

Postby Sweet Ophelia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:28 pm

gareth wrote:Yep, that's right, it was the Ice Rink, which isn't there any more.

25 years is too long a time since they played a gig in Wales!

Trouble is, I can't help but think, that compared to the other venues, the motorpoint is a bit too small? And obviously the stadium is too big. What were lacking in Wales is a 12000-15000 arena to attract the big arena bands.

wrecsamfan
Alive! (1975)

Postby wrecsamfan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 am

The Stereophonics played to 20,000 at The Racecourse Ground in Wrexham last summer. And I could walk there!

Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Postby Pjcity » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:10 pm

I was there for the Revenge gig at the Ice Rink!! It was my first Kiss gig at 18 years old!... May 92, Danger Danger opened for them and I was just behind the front row having a ball!!!

Didn't Pyro set the roof alight and set off the sprinklers????

The signing in HMV was amazing, I still have my signed Revenge album!

Strange how they have never been back to Wales since but would have thought the motorpoint would be a decent venue to play as an additional gig!

b.monkey4
Destroyer (1976)

Postby b.monkey4 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:00 am

Great night. I was on the front row feeling like I was being crushed to death by a 30 foot boa!!!
Leon had to have a lobotomy that night...
READ MY NAME.

Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Postby Pjcity » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:11 pm

yeah I remember them having to chop his head in half to fit him in there....

Happy happy days!! There is a video of the show on bootleg but its not much good quality wise

Looking forward to May 17 already !!

gareth
Destroyer (1976)

Postby gareth » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:27 am

Sweet Ophelia wrote:Trouble is, I can't help but think, that compared to the other venues, the motorpoint is a bit too small? And obviously the stadium is too big. What were lacking in Wales is a 12000-15000 arena to attract the big arena bands.

I hear what you're saying, but bands like Iron Maiden repeatedly use the Motorpoint quite successfully, and without wanting to piss-off anyone on here with blasphemy, but I'd like to be honest and suggest Maiden are a more popular band than KISS here in the UK, and so have an even bigger fanbase to satisfy. If the Motorpoint works for Maiden, then surely it will work for KISS too!

Additionally, I'd personally prefer to see KISS play to a full house in a smaller venue, than play in a bigger setting that was only partially full.........just sayin' like!!

Return to “General KISS Chat”