Alive II (1977)

Eric Singer defends the same old, same old playlist

Postby frontier(s) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:19 am

And it's pretty much the same as what Paul always says:

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: Eric Singer defends the same old, same old playlist

Postby AxeBass » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:58 pm

I agree with him. They always revive and add in a couple of songs each tour and that’s enough. I’ve never been as bored in my life when I turned up to see Maiden not knowing that they were playing A Matter of Life & Death in its entirety. I’m a Maiden fan but don’t interrogate everything they do & that is the type of fan that Kiss needs to keep coming tour after tour ... not the Kiss trainspotters like us lot. :lol:

benambro
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Re: Eric Singer defends the same old, same old playlist

Postby benambro » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Well just look at the set lists
2014 vegas had Creatures, Parasite, Tears Are Falling, Hell or Hallelujah, Do You Love Me and Love Gun
2017 KISSworld (UK) had Firehouse, Shock Me, Crazy Nights, Say Yeah, I Was Made For Lovin You and Flaming Youth

6 song changes from these tours. They also played Let Me Go, Rock & Roll, Cold Gin, Shandi and Hide Your Heart previous/after the UK shows.

Previous tours have included Beth, Calling Dr. Love, Hotter than Hell and in some shows on the America 40th leg Christine Sixteen, Makin Love and King Of The Night Time World.

So I don't think Kiss are stale in their setlists, but i think the die-hards don't see this cause they want the deep cuts played and not just a mixture of classic to well known songs. I also don't see the big issue, why would they wanna play songs no one knows? I'd rather have 10,000 people sing to Detroit Rock City than about 75 people wetting themselves over hearing something like The Oath, whilst the 9,000+ are like what is this?

Return to “General KISS Chat”