UK dates

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Re: UK dates

Postby Pjcity » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Anyone get hold of standing tix for Manchester they went in minutes! Got them for Newcastle and Birmingham but don't want to sit near the back in Manchester if possible..... :shock:

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Pjcity wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 pm Anyone get hold of standing tix for Manchester they went in minutes! Got them for Newcastle and Birmingham but don't want to sit near the back in Manchester if possible..... :shock:
If you have seated tickets for the show, take your seat for the support act, then in between them and Kiss go to the customer services desk tell them you’re having issues with someone say near you not allowing you to stand in your seat and ask if you can move to the floor. They usually hold some back so you should be ok to move.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

Robdj
KISS (1974)

Postby Robdj » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Ramjam07 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:39 pm The Meet n Greet that I had in Amsterdam in 2015 included an Accoustic afternoon show and I can't see it mentioned in the newe packages
This gave you a 30 min set and the opportunity for photos and autographs with all 4 where they spent a great deal of time doing this and chatting
You then were asked to "leave" the arena only to get back in, ahead of the masses, to wait around for your "make up" photo where you were passed through the line very quickly and efficiently, so you missed the opportunity to get on the rail, if you had a standing ticket
With the afternoon show, it was well worth the money, but if it is not to be included this time, it's a personal opinion if you want to spend the money on the photo opp only!
Thanks for replying.

Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Postby Pjcity » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 am

Pete wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm
Pjcity wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 pm Anyone get hold of standing tix for Manchester they went in minutes! Got them for Newcastle and Birmingham but don't want to sit near the back in Manchester if possible..... :shock:
If you have seated tickets for the show, take your seat for the support act, then in between them and Kiss go to the customer services desk tell them you’re having issues with someone say near you not allowing you to stand in your seat and ask if you can move to the floor. They usually hold some back so you should be ok to move.
Sounds like its worth a try! Cheers Pete

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Pjcity wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:57 am
Pete wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 pm
Sounds like its worth a try! Cheers Pete
Done it several times. Never had an issue.
Good luck!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Well, after telling myself for months that I wouldn't go with Paul's voice in the state it is, I finally caved and bought tickets.

This band has been my favourite band for 40 years precisely. At this point, I honestly don't really care what the stage show is, what the set list is or who turns up to play the songs. I just feel I should be there or I'd come to regret not being there.

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:54 pm

frontier(s) wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:48 pm Well, after telling myself for months that I wouldn't go with Paul's voice in the state it is, I finally caved and bought tickets.

This band has been my favourite band for 40 years precisely. At this point, I honestly don't really care what the stage show is, what the set list is or who turns up to play the songs. I just feel I should be there or I'd come to regret not being there.
It’s ok. He’s going to lip sync. His voice will be perfect.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

frontier(s)
Alive II (1977)

Postby frontier(s) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 pm

It was the lip syncing thing that sold it to me, at least he'll sound half-decent.

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 am

I thought about not going because Bill Auction isn’t the manager anymore, One of the gigs is a Sunday, Eric wears a stupid hat in public and Paul’s paintings aren’t as good as he thinks. Then I remembered that Eric is a better drummer than Peter, Peter is too old and both Peter and Ace couldn’t be relied on by any sane person to do a whole world tour. Then I remembered that this has been the case other than for about 4 years since 1979 which is pretty much my entire life as a kiss fan, a band that I consider to be the best of all time, think about every day, collect meaningless shit by despite being 46 years old, have travelled the world to see and will cry over when it is finally over. So I decided to go, multiple times and spend way too much cash in the process. I can’t wait, won’t waste a minute of it looking for faults, enjoy taking my 7 year old daughter and will tell tales of the legendary Kiss until I’m gone. :D

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 am

AxeBass wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 am I thought about not going because Bill Auction isn’t the manager anymore, One of the gigs is a Sunday, Eric wears a stupid hat in public and Paul’s paintings aren’t as good as he thinks. Then I remembered that Eric is a better drummer than Peter, Peter is too old and both Peter and Ace couldn’t be relied on by any sane person to do a whole world tour. Then I remembered that this has been the case other than for about 4 years since 1979 which is pretty much my entire life as a kiss fan, a band that I consider to be the best of all time, think about every day, collect meaningless shit by despite being 46 years old, have travelled the world to see and will cry over when it is finally over. So I decided to go, multiple times and spend way too much cash in the process. I can’t wait, won’t waste a minute of it looking for faults, enjoy taking my 7 year old daughter and will tell tales of the legendary Kiss until I’m gone. :D
:D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby AxeBass » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am

F $-) ck, I just remembered that I’m actually 47 ... even more reason to go and enjoy what is left in the tanks! :D

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:22 am

AxeBass wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am F $-) ck, I just remembered that I’m actually 47 ... even more reason to go and enjoy what is left in the tanks! :D
Old git!!! A mere 44 (pushing 45 here!!). I think these shows are going to be absolutely amazing.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:30 am

AxeBass wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 am I thought about not going because Bill Auction isn’t the manager anymore, One of the gigs is a Sunday, Eric wears a stupid hat in public and Paul’s paintings aren’t as good as he thinks. Then I remembered that Eric is a better drummer than Peter, Peter is too old and both Peter and Ace couldn’t be relied on by any sane person to do a whole world tour. Then I remembered that this has been the case other than for about 4 years since 1979 which is pretty much my entire life as a kiss fan, a band that I consider to be the best of all time, think about every day, collect meaningless shit by despite being 46 years old, have travelled the world to see and will cry over when it is finally over. So I decided to go, multiple times and spend way too much cash in the process. I can’t wait, won’t waste a minute of it looking for faults, enjoy taking my 7 year old daughter and will tell tales of the legendary Kiss until I’m gone. :D
Great post!! It's brilliant that you get to see your daughter enjoy KISS, gives a whole new perspective to a KISS show.

This tour is a celebration of a legendary band. I can't wait for the shows,the meet ups and to say thank you to a band who have been a constant in my life for the last forty plus years.
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

b.monkey4
Destroyer (1976)

Postby b.monkey4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am

Totally agree with the above posts. Taking my son too, he's the same age now (11) that I was when I first saw the Alive 2 cover at school (totally changed my life!) back in '78.
I'm kind of glad that they're stopping before the quality of the band wanes beyond the pale (lip synch or not) but at the same time it's been my whole life (we all know that feeling). I mean what are we all going to do? What will there be to look forward to???
Of course, everyone will say that we will all still meet up...but we won't...
Think I'm just having a bit of a sad day today, the penny is dropping that this really is it :cry:
READ MY NAME.

b.monkey4
Destroyer (1976)

Postby b.monkey4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:14 am

It must be unbearable for poor Ray (board member), he's been going to see them since 1862. Back then they used gas amps apparently.
It's his wife I feel sorry for, she'll actually have to spend time with him now...I've been there & believe me it's not pretty :roll:
READ MY NAME.

Return to “General KISS Chat”