bad album
10%

Total votes: 10

roer
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

dynasty

Postby roer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:36 am

*-) Hi people
Dynasty is my first KISS album so I love it loud 8) I love Ace's performance and album cover, but what do you think about it ?
rock on :)

Redneck.com
KISS (1974)

Postby Redneck.com » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:41 am

Its not great its Amazing....!
Dont Take Shit........Ever!!!

MoNsTeR
Destroyer (1976)

Postby MoNsTeR » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:07 am

The beginning of the end.

It has one or two cool tracks on it, but it was the start of a bad period for KISS.

Spaceace
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby Spaceace » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Dynasty was KISS dipping their toe in the mainstream market by recording a Disco song but most of the album is still pretty Hard Rock. Ace is coming out of his shell in this period as a singer and a songwriter, while Gene is entering his LA/dating Cher/Diana Ross period so not as big a contributor as he might have been. One of the biggest ironies for me with this album is that Vinnie Poncia was brought in at Peter Criss's request since he'd produced Pete's solo album and one of his first duties was to inform Pete he wasn't good enough to play on the record (apart from Dirty Living)
Aparantly this was the most expensive album cover Kiss ever produced since the cover is actually a montage of photos becuse none of them could decide on a single photo they all liked.

:shock:

Rock Bottom
Alive! (1975)

Postby Rock Bottom » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Never really understood this "I Was Made For Loving You" as a disco song thing. I mean, when you think of disco you think Abba and the Bee Gees, not ripping guitar solos. I guess it's all in the chugga-chugga rhythm, but to me that song is just one of KISS's poppier classics.

A fantastic album for Ace fans. Hard Times, Save Your Love and his cover of 2,000 Man are pure rock n roll gold.

raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby raydeen » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:36 pm

Rock Bottom wrote:Never really understood this "I Was Made For Loving You" as a disco song thing. I mean, when you think of disco you think Abba and the Bee Gees, not ripping guitar solos. I guess it's all in the chugga-chugga rhythm, but to me that song is just one of KISS's poppier classics.

Amen, brother. I never got why this track was considered "disco", either. It'd be hard to confuse it with, say, "Macho Man" or "Staying' Alive". Someone could do a major remix of it and turn it into a full-blown (and I do mean it would blow) disco tune.

chikara
Gene Simmons (1978)

Postby chikara » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:32 pm

KISSUCKS wrote:The beginning of the end.

It has one or two cool tracks on it, but it was the start of a bad period for KISS.

I'm leaning towards this comment, however I still think it's a good album, just not a great one... especially compared to their previous releases.

kevunmasked
Alive II (1977)

Postby kevunmasked » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:41 pm

I think it's a great album..from a band that was beginning to break up. It showed KISS can adapt in order to survive. Ace in full steam, Paul in great voice, 2 great tunes from Gene, and a last hurrah from Peter..

Great cover..great costumes

I'm sure Dan bach will be along soon..

keep the questions & topics coming roer :D

Spaceace
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Postby Spaceace » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:42 am

IWMFLU as disco.... well Paul's comment was that he was inspired to write it through all the time spent at Studio 54 listening to disco trax and thinking he could come up with better songs. He then discovered that all disco songs were written to the same tempo (126 bmp) so that they could be cross faded into one another, so he decided to give it a try. I guess it did get played in the clubs at the time as a dance track which would make it a first for a KISS track, and I suppose there was a much bigger culture gap between rock & disco at the time so perhaps disco/rock fusion might be a more accurate description.

Return to “General KISS Chat”