KISSin' UK Forum Guidelines - Please Read
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 pm
Lots of people have asked for some guidelines for the forum as it wasn't clear what is and isn't acceptable, so here they are our new guidelines. Please have a read, they are here for one reason and that's to make this forum a great place to discuss the one reason we are here - KISS.
- As a starter please watch the following video which covers almost everything in the guidelines below:-
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-beh ... rnet-forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- No flaming - Do not post with the sole intention of causing an argument. If you see someone doing this please report the post and DO NOT RESPOND which only makes things worse.
- If a topic is clearly not safe for reading at work please warn other users by putting NSFW at the start of the title.
- Lurk before posting - New User? Then please make sure you have a read of the forum before you start posting. Do not flood the forum with 200 posts in your first week!
- Use the search - it's there to help you find old posts, if something has already been posted please don't post the same thing again.
- Familiarise yourself with the tools available - you will find ways of blocking other users (friend & foe feature) as well as being able to disable the word censor.
- Do not post anything that could be considered racist or discriminatory
- A word censor is in place, please do not try to circumvent this as it is there for a reason - you are able to turn it off in your user settings.
- Do not post anything meant to offend or hurt any other member, personal attacks or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Spamming is not permitted, please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
- Links to illegal downloads of official KISS material, pornography, warez etc can not be posted.
- Please do not attempt to sell "bootleg" items via the forum.
- Please remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it may be moved by a moderator.
- If a post is in violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator/admin either via PM or the 'report this post' link. Please do not respond publicly to the member - a moderator/admin will act on the reported post.
- Violation of any of these rules will result in warnings being issued. These will be decided on a case-by-case basis by both moderators and admin. We have a Yellow Card system in place using "Graham Poll" rules - 3 yellow cards equals an instant ban. If you are issued a yellow card you will be given a reason for it and may raise any concerns with a moderator or admin (not in public). Yellow cards will appear publicly in your avatar and are likely to last at least 6 months.
- The decision of the moderators and/or admin are final.
- Please note that by posting on any of our forums you are agreeing to the rules above.