Halestorm

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Halestorm

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Went to see Halestorm last night in Manchester on their first headline tour, it cost me a tenner for the ticket... :shock: Worth every penny!!
Support bands were Zico Chain,Heaven's Basement and both were listenable.

Halestorm are building up a decent following,the lead singer has one of the best vocal ranges ive ever heard a female single produce( although the wife runs her close when she is shouting at me).The drummer is very entertaining and they have a good mix of songs which got a great reaction from the crowd.They even threw in a Judas Priest cover 'Dissident Aggressor' although i would have rather heard one of their own songs.

There are a few dates left yet so if they are anywhere near you get yourself along, you wont be disappointed.
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Re: Halestorm

Post by crad »

Who ?? :?
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
crad

Post by crad »

Just You Tubed em :D Not bad at all
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJAmlnBxoA[/youtube]
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:Who ?? :?

For your viewing pleasure..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... z879X7DN7A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darn. You got there before me! :D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Went to see Halestorm last night in Manchester on their first headline tour, it cost me a tenner for the ticket... :shock: Worth every penny!!
Support bands were Zico Chain,Heaven's Basement and both were listenable.

Halestorm are building up a decent following,the lead singer has one of the best vocal ranges ive ever heard a female single produce( although the wife runs her close when she is shouting at me).The drummer is very entertaining and they have a good mix of songs which got a great reaction from the crowd.They even threw in a Judas Priest cover 'Dissident Aggressor' although i would have rather heard one of their own songs.

There are a few dates left yet so if they are anywhere near you get yourself along, you wont be disappointed.
I agree it's the best value entrance fee for a rock gig anywhere at the moment..I saw the first show in Brum (02 - £4.25 a pint! :shock: ) but they didn't do the Priest cover :(
Their are superb..They audience is kinda young though..the gig made me feel old :)

and some Old tramp accosted LZZY

I agree the drummer has the boundless energy of youth and his solo was entertaining and not too long... :wink:

They are my current favourite new band...
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
crad

Post by crad »

Having now listened to their Album
Strange case of Halestorm ..I'm hooked fantastic Album ..
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

great band seen them a couple of times but always as a support act would love to catch a headline show
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

nicksmithworld wrote: The audience is kinda young though..the gig made me feel old :)
Nick you are old!!! :wink: :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Saw them a couple of years back with Disturbed and Papa Roach....bloody fantastic band!!!
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I have seen them a few times and they are a very entertaining band - Unfortunately, for this tour, I was asleep at the switch and missed out on the tickets. They seem to have been playing tiny venues when they could have played bigger halls for sure. I hope to not miss out on the next tour!
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Post by nicksmithworld »

largebloke wrote:I have seen them a few times and they are a very entertaining band - Unfortunately, for this tour, I was asleep at the switch and missed out on the tickets. They seem to have been playing tiny venues when they could have played bigger halls for sure. I hope to not miss out on the next tour!
Interesting point, they do seem to be surprised at their own success, almost as if they don't realise just how good they are. They are all modest down to earth people.The venues on this tour are all too small..
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Post by nicksmithworld »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5y9cHr4Lk[/youtube]

I don't think Mr slash would invite you on stage with him unless you were the real deal.. :D
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

I have all the bands eps and albums. Love em to bits
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)

Post by nicksmithworld »

tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

starchildmark wrote:I have all the bands eps and albums. Love em to bits
have you got the reanimate ep cant get that anywhere