30 years ago

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: 21 years ago...

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:For pete .
Pete wrote:Bumped again.

R.I.P. 96 sons, daughters, fathers, wives, uncles, aunts etc who went to watch a game of football and never came back.

JFT 96

Cheers Crad,

Thanks for bumping this.

JFT96.
YNWA.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Re: 23 years ago...

Post by Pete »

I know Danny has his thread but I'm bumping this one too & will continue to do so until 96 families are given the justice that they deserve.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

EVER!! :evil:

No apology will ever make right what was said and the effect it's had on the people of Merseyside over the last 23 years.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Full report here... http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/ ... report.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Mick
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Thats more like it. :D
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Have to say the report this week totally shocked me. That this happened is bad enough, but to realise that the police incompetence on the day meant that 41 people didn't get treatment who should have lived.

In the past I have thought that we just need to move on from this - but I now totally, totally understand why some people just could not let it go.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

KISStrooper wrote:Image
Should happen nationwide.
skinnymartin wrote:In the past I have thought that we just need to move on from this
That's sad to hear. After all the evidence that has been shown on programmes such as Panorama and the like, along with proper investagitive journalism, there has been no doubt that the police were to blame for this tragedy. That has been known for a very long time and that they lied to cover their backs.

I don't think anyone knew that it was to the extent that has now become clear, but is saddens me when someone in the political domain had the view you stated.

The facts were there for anyone to see but because the facts contradicted the official police version (and we all know the police never lie, do they?) the facts were dismissed. It shouldn't have taken 23 years for this to become public knowledge.

Lastly, there is no question in my mind that Thatcher had her dirty paws in this to, especially considering the police force in question and that they were her bully boys in the miners strike. Of course that will never be proven cos all the minutes from any meetings have 'disappeared' or were never documented. Typical.

I hope everyone who had any part in this cover up is held to account.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Anyone who owns a newsagent should no longer stock that piece of shit ..........
At te moment there is a trend on twitter called @ShutDownTheSun follow them and we can get this Rag of the shelves forever .
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19922092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Hang the bastards !!!
Every fuc*ing one of em !!
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-20772416
Hillsborough inquest verdicts quashed by High Court

The High Court has quashed the original inquest verdicts returned on 96 Liverpool football fans who died in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

The Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge ordered fresh inquests following an application by the Attorney General.

Dominic Grieve made his request to the High Court three months after a new report established 41 of those who died might have been saved.

The home secretary has also announced a new police inquiry into the disaster.

Theresa May said the new inquiry would re-examine what happened in April 1989.

New medical evidence was used as a basis for the new inquests application.

Mr Grieve said the application was being made as a consequence of the Hillsborough Panel's report published on 12 September, which he said was a "remarkable" document.

He said that Dr Bill Kirkup, the medical member of the panel and a former associate chief medical officer at the Department of Health, had explained that, of the deceased, 58 "definitely" or "probably" had the capacity to survive beyond the 15:15 cut-off time.

That new evidence, which Mr Grieve said formed the "essential basis" for his application "undermines the coroner's summing-up at the inquests".

In making his judgement, Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge said there had been "deliberate misinformation surrounding the disaster".

"There has been a profound and palpable belief that justice had not been done [and] it is clear there are sound grounds for this application," he said.

'Horrific' events
Mrs May said former Durham Chief Constable Jon Stoddart would lead the new inquiry, which will focus specifically on the 96 deaths of Liverpool fans as a result of what happened at the FA Cup semi-final in 1989.

The fans died after they were crushed within two pens at the Leppings Lane terrace of Sheffield Wednesday's stadium during the semi-final with Nottingham Forest on 15 April 1989.

Mrs May said she was "determined to see a swift and thorough response to the findings of the Hillsborough Panel to deliver justice for the 96 football fans who died and the families who have fought so hard on their behalf".

Mr Stoddart will be able to recruit investigators and staff to his team, but he will not be allowed to employ officers or former officers with any prior connection to the Hillsborough disaster or from the West Midlands, South Yorkshire or Merseyside police forces.

He said he was "aware of the great significance and personal responsibility which comes with leading this criminal investigation".

"My first priority is to meet with as many of the families as possible and to establish a working open relationship with them throughout the investigation," he said.

In making his request, the Attorney General said the "horrific" events at the stadium were well known and "were seen by millions on television as the tragedy unfolded and by many of the spectators at the stadium itself".

He said that in the months and years that followed, the events that led to the tragedy "have been the subject of numerous investigations and inquiries".

'Waited 23 years'

The original inquest verdicts angered many of the bereaved families who were told at the 1990 hearing that all Hillsborough's victims had been injured by 15:15 on the afternoon of the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.

Evidence covering the response by the emergency services after this time was also not heard at the original inquest.

Among the relatives who have travelled to London for the High Court hearing is Barry Devonside who lost his teenage son.

"At this moment in time it's the most important thing for all of the families, we have waited 23 years for justice.

"It has gone on for far too long, I was 42 when it started, I'm closer to 66 now.

"For once in my life I am confident, it would be a major shock to everybody if the applications were rejected."

Andy Burnham, Labour MP for Leigh, who set up the panel, said it was a "bittersweet" day for the families.

"Those families shouldn't be coming to London to find out they're back where they should have been 23 years ago," he said.

Police altered statements
"Some of the families said to me 'we never heard what happened to our son and my dad died not knowing'. No family should ever be in that position in this country."

The panel's findings showed police and emergency services had made "strenuous attempts" to deflect the blame for the disaster on to the fans.

More than 160 police statements had been altered - 116 of them to remove or change negative comments about the policing of the match.

Speaking in the House of Commons on Tuesday, Liverpool Walton MP Steve Rotheram said he was concerned the families of the victims may not have the finances to support any new legal cases.

In response, Justice Secretary Chris Grayling said: "I think it might be helpful to say that my department is very mindful of the financial pressures faced by the Hillsborough families.

"We all recognise the very difficult circumstances they have been through and they are certainly in our consideration."
JFT96!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Another step closer to justice being done
Pete

Re: 24 years ago...

Post by Pete »

JFT 96.

Let's hope that by the 25th Anniversary Justice is no long requried and all that's needed is a simple Rest In Peace.

YNWA.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: 24 years ago...

Post by Father Jack »

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE