(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Kev

Re: Any Scorpions news.

Post by Kev »

http://www.dw-world.de/scorpions/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome stuff. :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Just recieved that info Great stuff :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Post by MrBlackwell »

Wonder when a UK tour will be announced?
High Priest of Kisstianity.

Karl
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Karl »

MrBlackwell wrote:Wonder when a UK tour will be announced?
I couldn't wait, thats why I went to Hellfest. Still haven't ruled out going back to France in November :)
Official Kiss Army member #1960
Kev

Post by Kev »

DEAR KEV,

SCORPIONS HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THEIR FANS IN THE UK, THEIR WAS A CONFLICT

OF SHOWDAYS IN RESPECT OF THE US TOUR . WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THIS

ISSUE.

BEST REGARDS

Peter Amend

Peter F. Amend
Rechtsanwälte + Notar / Attorneys at Law + Attesting Notary
Ludwigsplatz 9, D-35390 Giessen, Germany
Latest i got from Scorps management about a UK tour. :(
Next year maybe. :(
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Better than nowt !
crad

Post by crad »

I'm off to France hopefully in November for one of the re-arranged dates that were cancelled .
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/185221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guitarist Matthias Jabs Talks About "Resurrecting Leftovers From Blackout, Love At First Sting"; SCORPIONS "Will Not Break Up"

Ed Masley from Azcentral.com spoke with SCORPIONS guitar legend Matthias Jabs recently about a number of topics including their current farewell tour. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Q: What kind of different things would you do (after this farewell tour)?

Jabs: "I don't know. Do you know what you're doing three years from now? The Scorpions will not break up. We're giving up the constant touring, into the studio, out of the studio, back on the road. At some point, you have to say 'OK, thank you very much.' We have a project which we will probably release next year. We have so much film material. We will work on something like an anthology, some kind of box set. And nobody has said we'll never hit the stage again, for one show somewhere in the world. Why not? If somebody wants to see us desperately, yes, OK, here we are. There's also the chance ... that we would get terribly bored just sitting around at home, and we would call each other and go, 'Let's play a few shows.' But the intense touring, the way we've been doing it for decades now, it had to come to an end. The one-off show, fine. We were approached to play for the opening of the World Cup Championships in 2014. That is not confirmed, but those opportunities, we would not let slip away. We're scheduled until December 15 this year. That's the last show. It's somewhere in a small town in Germany. After that, we don't know."

Q: The project you have coming out, will it be new material?

Jabs: "The first three months of this year, we took off to work in the studio, resurrecting unfinished songs from what some people say was our best time, leftovers from the albums Blackout, Love At First Sting, Crazy World, Savage Amusement, all the albums from the '80s and early '90s. There's so much strong material, but it hasn't ever been finished, especially the lyrics. They're like 'Blah blah blah blah blah.' It was recorded like you would record a demo, no click track, anything. But the vibe is great because it's from the time when we were starting out. Everything I played back then, I remember when I found a new riff, I would get excited. It's slightly different today because I know it all. I've heard it all. So it's much harder to get excited about the simplest or sometimes half-genius riff. But there was a definite spark in those old recordings and the idea is to redo them with today's technology and take it further as a tribute to the fans.

Read more at Azcentral.com.
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/mus ... -tour.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad

Post by crad »

Scorps may not be calling it a day after All
Last year, the Scorpions announced their decision to call it a day after one final tour. But as new concert dates and recording projects were added to their plans, they began to question this decision.

“We called it the farewell tour thinking believing it would be the last time we would play,” explains guitarist Matthias Jabs, “but the tour is still going, due to demand from the audience.” He now confirms that the band have reconsidered their plan to call it quits. Much like fellow metal veterans Judas Priest, however, they will no long make the road their home away from home.

“The Scorpions will not break up.” he told AZCentral, “We’re giving up the constant touring – into the studio, out of the studio, back on the road.” Jabs continued, “There’s a routine of making an album and touring the world for two and a half years. We said, ‘Can we go in the studio in 2013, Klaus will be 65, and then do another world tour?’ It might get shaky.”Jabs then spoke of upcoming Scorps recording sessions. “We have a project which we will probably release next year. We have so much film material. We will work on something like an anthology, some kind of box set.”

The ‘project’ is likely to include some ‘new’ old songs leftover from the ’80s and ’90s. the guitarist explains they have been “resurrecting unfinished songs from what some people say was our best time – leftovers from ‘Blackout,’ ‘Love at First Sting,’ ‘Crazy World’ and ‘Savage Amusement,’” adding “There’s so much strong material, there was a definite spark in those old recordings. The idea is to redo them with today’s technology and take it further.”

He also mentioned that the band has been invited to play at the opening ceremony of 2014 World Cup competition in Brazil. “That is not confirmed,” he said, “but those opportunities, we would not let slip away.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

That would be a great opening ceremony if the Scorps were playing.
Got to be better than Diana Ross fuc*ing up the US opening ceremony, the dozy cow :roll:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:That would be a great opening ceremony if the Scorps were playing.
Got to be better than Diana Ross fuc*ing up the US opening ceremony, the dozy cow :roll:
At least germans can take penalties!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Pete wrote:
Father Jack wrote:That would be a great opening ceremony if the Scorps were playing.
They couldn't last time I looked :wink:
Pete

Post by Pete »

AxeBass wrote:
Pete wrote:
They couldn't last time I looked :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew you'd pop up here! :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... scorpions/

Scorpions frontman Klaus Meine has explained why the veteran German band decided to abandon their retirement plans.

Three years ago the Scorps announced that they had decided to wind down their career; now they’ve changed their minds.

In an interview in the new issue of Classic Rock, Meine explained the volte-face as follows: “As the emotion built, it [not retiring] became a gradual decision. It’s one thing to say, ‘This is going to be the end of the Scorpions’ and another to do it. Our Sting In The Tail album [2010] was such a success that a whole new generation of fans joined the party. It was amazing. And you know that with all the best parties it’s sometimes hard to find the door?”

There are plans for a new Scorpions album, featuring leftovers from the early 1980s.

“We started that over a year ago,” Meine confirmed. “It will be material that was never finished; songs with pure Scorpions DNA from a very exciting time. Once we close the book on the crazy touring schedule that’s something we’ll pick up again.”

There may also be an album of all-new Scorpions material in the pipeline.

“At this point nothing is out of the question,” Meine said. “When we said adios with SITT, our label, Sony Music, cried: ‘No, no, no… what about this idea? What about that idea?’ There are some offers you just can’t refuse. I don’t want to say too much right now but I can reassure you there is still life in those bloody old Scorpions.”

He concluded: “We’ll just have to see what’s realistic. We’re working on a documentary movie about the band’s history. We filmed the tour’s big finale in Munich which was very emotional.”

Read the full interview with Klaus Meine in the new issue of Classic Rock, on sale now.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)