New Airbourne Album

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
stebeer`
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Re: New Airbourne Album

Post by stebeer` »

i just think airbourne are very basic but tight they do it with so much energy and enthusiasm you cant help but be impressed
seen em about 4 times now and they alwasy put on a good show high energy none stop energy and the singer is a nutter he always goes walkabout and starts climbing the stage etc, really dopnt know how they get the energy to do that night after night
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

stebeer` wrote:i just think airbourne are very basic but tight they do it with so much energy and enthusiasm you cant help but be impressed
seen em about 4 times now and they alwasy put on a good show high energy none stop energy and the singer is a nutter he always goes walkabout and starts climbing the stage etc, really dopnt know how they get the energy to do that night after night
I've seen 'em 3 times now - all at Festivals. All 3 times they have bene great and Joel is a complete nutter. Wacken last year was amazing. Download 2008 was impressive too, he climbed the lighting rig (which he always does) and then hung an Aussie flag off the top.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

They are a good pub rock band, although there are many pub bands who are actually better...
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

daniel3786 wrote:They are a good pub rock band, although there are many pub bands who are actually better...
Who?

Seriously, I'd like to know about them if they're as good as Airbourne.

Still hoping they might support in May.
Last edited by highvoltage1969 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

highvoltage1969 wrote:
daniel3786 wrote:They are a good pub rock band, although there are many pub bands who are actually better...
Who?

Go to pubs and you will see them..

Airbourne is the most basic form of rock music to play, hell on the first album the drummer sticks to the same beat for all the songs.
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

daniel3786 wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
Who?

Go to pubs and you will see them..

Airbourne is the most basic form of rock music to play, hell on the first album the drummer sticks to the same beat for all the songs.
Sounds rather cryptic...

You are right, Airbourne do play pretty basic rock music. Great stuff though, nice to have an occasional break from the musical complexities of a band like KISS 'eh?

See you at the Stockhausen convention. :wink:
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Sounds rather cryptic...

You are right, Airbourne do play pretty basic rock music. Great stuff though, nice to have an occasional break from the musical complexities of a band like KISS 'eh?

To be fair Kiss at least tryed to be more complex at various stages of their career, not that simple music isn't good because it is - but Airbourne is a type of band you could see in the pubs around the UK for free yet they have been fortunate to have been granted a record deal. Lucky them.
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

daniel3786 wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote: Sounds rather cryptic...

To be fair Kiss at least tryed to be more complex at various stages of their career, not that simple music isn't good because it is - but Airbourne is a type of band you could see in the pubs around the UK for free yet they have been fortunate to have been granted a record deal. Lucky them.
I guess my point is that I've never seen a band as good as Airbourne in a pub and if I did I imagine they wouldn't be playing them for very long.

BTW, I'm back at the Islington Academy tonight to see 69 Eyes. I think they're pretty awful but a friend has a spare ticket. Be weird to be back so shortly after the last time. A week to the day!
Kev

Post by Kev »

Airbourne are rubbish,got the first album and watched em live :D :D :D :D
only my opinion :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

I don't get how a band as good as Airbourne can create such divided opinions.

Interesting ain't it.

But you're wrong Plugster :-)
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

skinnymartin wrote:I don't get how a band as good as Airbourne can create such divided opinions.

Interesting ain't it.

But you're wrong Plugster :-)
Good is subjective though isn't it... :wink:

And yes like I said before, I like the first album but the fact that they are relying on the same borrowed riffs from ACDC makes them just a one trick pony.
Kev

Post by Kev »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: stop winding em up Daniel :lol: :lol:

one word will do :D
RUBBISH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
stebeer`
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by stebeer` »

skinnymartin wrote:
stebeer` wrote:i just think airbourne are very basic but tight they do it with so much energy and enthusiasm you cant help but be impressed
I've seen 'em 3 times now - all at Festivals. All 3 times they have bene great and Joel is a complete nutter. Wacken last year was amazing. Download 2008 was impressive too, he climbed the lighting rig (which he always does) and then hung an Aussie flag off the top.

at sonisphere he did the same thing but this time it was pissing it down with rain im surprised he didnt slip and break his neck

no one ever said airbourne were the best band ever but i would like you to show me a pub band with as much energy and are as entertaining as they are on stage
Kev

Post by Kev »

stebeer` wrote:[
at sonisphere he did the same thing but this time it was pissing it down with rain im surprised he didnt slip and break his neck

no one ever said airbourne were the best band ever but i would like you to show me a pub band with as much energy and are as entertaining as they are on stage

ok,Limehouse lizzy :D ..i win :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

stebeer`
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by stebeer` »

:D
ok any other bands that have there own lyrics ( was gonna say that use there own material but i know i will just shoot myself in the foot with that one)