Your thoughts please....

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Your thoughts please....

Post by Downy »

I like the idea of acoustic set in the middle of the show.
Maybe get Trevor to do the show with you like they did on the Kiss unplugged show with Bruce and Ace playing together.
To be honest I dont see you guys that often so the set is always exciting to hear when I see a show.
Yep give the acoustic thing a try in the middle of the set to see what people think then go from there.
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

I reckon an acoustic spot in the show would be good but not a full show.Would a venue be able to sell enough tickets for just an acoustic show?Also if you're planning on doing it in a smaller venue,would they pay for an acoustic show?

On the plus side, you wouldn't have to spend on pyro.

As for the show....i like it when you play obsure songs that KISS never or hardly play (still waiting for Rock N Roll Hell ;) )
I agree with Rigsby that you defo need an LED logo even though those fantastic intro videos help with the show :D

I still always look forward to watching DTK and i'm really looking forward to the Gridlock Festival.

Roll on Jan 28th.
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

an Acoustic break halfway would be different agree, full show, not for me. However where i live (Congleton Cheshire) has a rock and blues weekend in August where there are acts on in all the boozers and you basically wander from pub to pub watching some great bands, THIS would go down a treat there and is the right environment.

DTK are brilliant and give it all they have but have to agree updates are needed. Flashing logo, love the idea of KISS Army banners and maybe different costumes that can be alternated once a year, so the same venues get two different shows.

I'll be at the Box so will the video intro be used?
Mick
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

w00dy wrote:i'm really looking forward to the Gridlock Festival.
See you there Wooooood, i'll be propping up the beer and food stands :lol:
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Yes I would love to see a flashing logo behind DTK when they play. :D
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Perhaps in future we might add a few acoustic songs to the set, who knows....?
I have been trying to sort out a lighted logo for some time with a very talented forumee, but as with all things, it costs quite a bit....especially the size I want the logo to be. It will be made though, Im adamant we must have a flashing logo before we get too old and have to retire, lol.
Matt is using his Tigertailz connections and is looking into having two large kiss army logo screens made with adjustable height stands. Hopefully they won't be too expensive & we can get them sorted asap.
As for the costumes
I have 3 costumes, Love Gun, Elder & Destroyer. Ash has virtually 3 as well, Love Gun, Elder & Creatures, Matt has Creatures but will easily have the Elder costume made. Its just that Gary's costumes are always the most expensive to have made. His current costume cost in the region of £2k. However, we'll look into ways of finding funds to help with having a new costume made for him.
Finally, I have a very good electronic boffin friend of mine working on one of my Les Paul's to create one of Ace's special effects and with a bit of luck & a lot of nagging that should be ready for April (if I can pursuade a certain grotty little urchin to see if LeMaitre have pyro needed to complete the whole guitar effect) . Then my mate can sort out the other of Ace's special effect guitars.
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Father Jack wrote:Thanks all for your thoughts.
Perhaps in future we might add a few acoustic songs to the set, who knows....?
I have been trying to sort out a lighted logo for some time with a very talented forumee, but as with all things, it costs quite a bit....especially the size I want the logo to be. It will be made though, Im adamant we must have a flashing logo before we get too old and have to retire, lol.
Matt is using his Tigertailz connections and is looking into having two large kiss army logo screens made with adjustable height stands. Hopefully they won't be too expensive & we can get them sorted asap.
As for the costumes
I have 3 costumes, Love Gun, Elder & Destroyer. Ash has virtually 3 as well, Love Gun, Elder & Creatures, Matt has Creatures but will easily have the Elder costume made. Its just that Gary's costumes are always the most expensive to have made. His current costume cost in the region of £2k. However, we'll look into ways of finding funds to help with having a new costume made for him.
Finally, I have a very good electronic boffin friend of mine working on one of my Les Paul's to create one of Ace's special effects and with a bit of luck & a lot of nagging that should be ready for April (if I can pursuade a certain grotty little urchin to see if LeMaitre have pyro needed to complete the whole guitar effect) . Then my mate can sort out the other of Ace's special effect guitars.

Wow!!! I never thought it cost that much!!! No wonder you guys have much better costumes than other Kiss tribute bands.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

And why its a pain in the arse when we fancy changing them.
sweetpain
Alive II (1977)

Post by sweetpain »

Acoustic set in suits sounds like a cool idea to me especially if you are feeling a bit stagnant with the way things are.

Yes I 'd go but I reckon you'd need a nice small intimate venue for the die hard fans. I reckon it would be wasted on the Robin Bilston,which is a shame cos that's my local. But you only have to look at piss poor attendances for full shows there recently :roll:

Would be great to hear Nowhere to Run too.
Anyway,whatever you decide, all the best with it.
MY LOVE WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!