cd shops in London

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
dcj
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

cd shops in London

Post by dcj »

As above does anyone know of any good cd shops/market stalls in London? Going down there in a couple of weeks and feel like spending a bit on a few rock cds. HMV doesnt count btw.
tasker
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Re: cd shops in London

Post by tasker »

Get yourself down Berwick Street (go down the walkway at the side of Raymond Revue) a lot of independents down there and do a good range of music.

I have had plenty of rare stuff from some of the shops down there, its about ten minutes walk from Leicester Square. :)
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

tasker wrote:Get yourself down Berwick Street (go down the walkway at the side of Raymond Revue) a lot of independents down there and do a good range of music.

I have had plenty of rare stuff from some of the shops down there, its about ten minutes walk from Leicester Square. :)
Sister ray and Mr. CD have now gone from there but Selectadisc and Reckless records are still going strong (as of about 3 weeks ago, that is).
dcj
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by dcj »

Cheers,used to go to Selectadisc in Nottingham(i,m guessing its the same chain) but sadly it closed down a few years ago. Will deffo have a stroll down that way thanks.
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

I hate that all the independent Cd(record)stores are closing.
HMV is just not the same thing.
I miss Roxcene records and Hitman music here in South Wales.
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Roger H »

Downy wrote:I hate that all the independent Cd(record)stores are closing.
HMV is just not the same thing.
I miss Roxcene records and Hitman music here in South Wales.
Absolutely agree,it is a shame and I always go into one if ever I see one, but they just can't compete with the big bad internet. Why pay £15 for an album when you can get it for less than £10 on Play, Amazon or Ebay ???