Avengers Assemble

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Avengers Assemble

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Just wondered what everyone thought of this movie,took the grandson earlier today and we both thought it was good fun. Special effects were awesome,cant wait for the sequel..
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Roger H
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Re: Avengers Assemble

Post by Roger H »

Here's a review that I posted on another forum-------------------------------

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !!!!--------------Still got the huge cheesy grin I had when I walked out of the cinema. This is everything I wanted and hoped for ever since I heard that an Avengers film was going to be made. It could have been disastrous and a mess with so many strong characters in one place but Joss Whedon (the director) has managed to hold everything together and made the finest Superhero film that has so far hit the cinema screens. A good uncomplicated story, fantastic dialogue between the main charaters and probably the most awe inspiring effects I've ever seen. We saw the 3D version and even this has been taken to the next level, I really felt we were amongst some of the battle scenes (especially on the streets of New York, that poor city really has taken a battering over the years !!) Mrs H and I actually jumped at some of the debris and arrows flying towards us. The fight scenes are just breath taking and, thanks to the digital sound, when Iron meets hammer you can almost feel the blow to the chest. Every Character has his/her moment in the spotlight with Tony Stark/Ironman possibly getting some of the best lines but the scene where Hulk and Thor end up in Grand Central Station after bringing down an alien ship together had me and the rest of the audience laughing out load, Brilliant !!. Also when Loki has his villians soliloquy cut short quite violently and surprisingly by Hulk was another moment of pure joy and again had the audience in uproar. The next question is "how can they top this ?". it's going to take a very special film to knock this off of the top of my favourites tree. Can't see the upcoming Spiderman or Batman films getting anywhere near the magnificence of Avengers Assemble, but we can always hope.
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Roger H wrote:Here's a review that I posted on another forum-------------------------------

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !!!!--------------Still got the huge cheesy grin I had when I walked out of the cinema. This is everything I wanted and hoped for ever since I heard that an Avengers film was going to be made. It could have been disastrous and a mess with so many strong characters in one place but Joss Whedon (the director) has managed to hold everything together and made the finest Superhero film that has so far hit the cinema screens. A good uncomplicated story, fantastic dialogue between the main charaters and probably the most awe inspiring effects I've ever seen. We saw the 3D version and even this has been taken to the next level, I really felt we were amongst some of the battle scenes (especially on the streets of New York, that poor city really has taken a battering over the years !!) Mrs H and I actually jumped at some of the debris and arrows flying towards us. The fight scenes are just breath taking and, thanks to the digital sound, when Iron meets hammer you can almost feel the blow to the chest. Every Character has his/her moment in the spotlight with Tony Stark/Ironman possibly getting some of the best lines but the scene where Hulk and Thor end up in Grand Central Station after bringing down an alien ship together had me and the rest of the audience laughing out load, Brilliant !!. Also when Loki has his villians soliloquy cut short quite violently and surprisingly by Hulk was another moment of pure joy and again had the audience in uproar. The next question is "how can they top this ?". it's going to take a very special film to knock this off of the top of my favourites tree. Can't see the upcoming Spiderman or Batman films getting anywhere near the magnificence of Avengers Assemble, but we can always hope.
Great review Rog, I agree that Iron Man gets most of the good lines. The battle scenes in NYC are jaw dropping,and dont you just love Thor's accent??

It will take something really special to stop this being movie of the year.
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Actually been to see it twice more. :oops: And after 2 more viewings thinking that Hulk might be the star of the show. :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:
Great review Rog, I agree that Iron Man gets most of the good lines. The battle scenes in NYC are jaw dropping,and dont you just love Thor's accent??

It will take something really special to stop this being movie of the year.
Apparently that battle would've caused $160 Billion of damage if real... http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/05/10/avenger ... r-experts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

COOOOOOOL !!!!!! :D :D :D (but also slightly N.F.B.) :D :wink:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Roger H wrote:COOOOOOOL !!!!!! :D :D :D (but also slightly N.F.B.) :D :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)