For all the newbies...

Talk about anything KISS related here.
DoKMH
KISS (1974)

Re: For all the newbies...

Postby DoKMH » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi, I'm Jeff from Northumberland :)

How did you get into the band?
I first got introduced to the band by someone I worked with. She loved the band. Got me a few CDs for my birthday, the rest is history!

What's your fave record/member/DVD etc?
Favourite member would have to be Mr. Simmons (Being a bassist myself)
Favourite DVD would have to be KISS Symphony
Favourite record, hmmmm, tricky one that, erm... Well... I'd say the one that gets the most play in my collection would be Alive III

How many times have you seen the band? Have you seen them abroad?
Until 5 years ago, the thought of seeing KISS live was a distant dream. Until a friend rang me and told me about them headlining the Friday at Download. The wife got me tickets for my birthday :) Only sad thing was that she could only afford the one ticket for me, so she stayed at home (I would have bought her one, but was out of a job at the time and was literally on the bare bones of my backside money wise!)
Since then, I have seen them at Newcastle Metro Arena on the Sonic Boom Over Europe Tour, and the last night of the same tour in Wembley (Was always a dream to see them playing Wembley!)

What does Kiss mean to you?
To me, KISS is about not only having fun, but uniting everyone. We my all be from different backgrounds, live differently, have different beliefs, but for that short time when we're watching them, all that gets forgotten about!

Have you ever met a current or ex member of Kiss?
Sadly I haven't :(
I did turn down (Really stupidly) a chance to meet them backstage on the Sonic Boom Over Europe tour :(

A good friend of ours from New York was over here on tour (he's an incredible guitarist)
He auditioned for KISS many many moons ago, and he also used to live with the one and only Mr. Thayer.
A few nights before one of the shows (Manchester if I remember rightly) I was up in Glasgow photographing our mates band. He's a huge fan of KISS, as is his bassist and drummer. They knew I loved KISS as well, so on the tour bus back down to the North East after that gig I was asked if I'd like to stay on tour with them to photograph them, but meet KISS as well a couple of nights later.
Me and the misses were going through a bit of a weird time, we were hardly seeing each other, despite living in the same house. Infact the evening I got asked if I wanted to meet KISS, I think I had only spent about 2 or 3 hours with her in the past 2 weeks. I felt bad about it.
I turned the offer down so I could be with the missus
I never told her about that until a few months ago
She got quite annoyed lol
That I put our relationship before a band who I have literally wanted to meet for the majority of my life!
Guess I'll never have another opportunity like that :(

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby acesmiddlefinger » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 pm

'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby fried alive » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:58 pm

welcome

DoKMH
KISS (1974)

Postby DoKMH » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:18 pm

LittleCeaser
KISS (1974)

Postby LittleCeaser » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 pm

DoKMH
KISS (1974)

Postby DoKMH » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 pm

LittleCeaser
KISS (1974)

Postby LittleCeaser » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 pm

DoKMH
KISS (1974)

Postby DoKMH » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 am

LittleCeaser
KISS (1974)

Postby LittleCeaser » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:16 am

I'll come say Hi If you're going to the worlds end, I saw your decription so I'm sure you won't be that hard to spot :)

DoKMH
KISS (1974)

Postby DoKMH » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 am

Will be cool to meet another huge local kiss fan :)

Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Postby Downy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome to all the new forum members! :D

09091980SWIFTY
KISS (1974)

Postby 09091980SWIFTY » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi All from Sunny (not really) Southampton

Been Kiss mad since late 79. Mate of mine (Si) had bought Sure know something/Dirty Livin 7" double A side. That was it we were both hooked, within a matter of months we had everything the band had made.

Was lucky enough to see them at Wembley in 1980 on the unmasked tour, from there we couldnt get enough of Kiss, No other band mattered although we saw plenty of the biggies through the very early 80's. Remember many battles/arguments at school with mates who were either Rush or AC/DC fans. We wouldnt have it though, it was KISS or nothing.

In 1982 we went up to Virgin Megastore for the Creatures of the Night signing. First time we had met the band & we were in total awe. Si got some great pic's from that signing & we had everything we possibly could signed, Albums, Denim Jackets, I even had my precious copy of Ego's at the Stake signed by all 4 members.

Late 1983 we did the entire Lick it up tour of the UK. Travelled & Slept the entire time in a Cortina mark 3. We had quite a bit of time on our hands on that tour so we met the band on a few occasions, most notably at Poole Arts Centre.

That was it for me for a while then, girls kind of got in the way. Missed the Animalise tour & didnt see much of KISS really until the 2 Wembley Crazy Nights tour dates circa 87. Although we were at the Frehley's Comet Hammersmith gig. Si's brother made the banner ACE holds up near the end of the gig if you have the Video.

When the reformed KISS re-emerged in 96 I got totally caught up in it all again. Couple of gigs on the Psycho tour (this time taking both my sons aged 6 & 4 to Wembley) + the Finsbury Park gig which IIRC closed the Tour.

Sonic Boom saw the 2 of us buy tickets for every gig, however, I missed the first 4 gigs due to alcohol (Stella & Scrumpy dont mix lol) at a Saints match in Yeovil, falling off the stationery train onto the platform & having to have a couple of operations and a load of metalwork stuck into my lower arm. Still got to Glasgow, Manchester & the 2 Wembley gigs although I was in absolute agony.

We were also lucky enough to be at Islington which is just the greatest KISS night of our lives. Again we got some great photos.

Favourite Member: ACE
Favourite Track: Love Gun
Favourite Album: Alive
Favourite Gig: Islington

We will be at the Forum tomorrow night, my mate Si is covered in KISS tattoos so if you see us come up & say hi.

Sorry if this bores the ar5e out of some of you, its just my story of Kiss in my life.

my old dad (god rest his soul) always told me I would grow out of it. Here we are 33 years later.

Swifty

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Postby fried alive » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 pm

welcome

applecore88
KISS (1974)

Postby applecore88 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm

fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)