Ticket Justice

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: Ticket Justice

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:
Sour Mash wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Excellent stuff Martian. If you create a banner for the site can you either mail it to me or Woody so we have it on the DTK site

Always thought Martin was from Mars :D
Think back Ian. After that drinking session in Notts last year he changed into an alien.......and bit Pete. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still got the scars from that!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Father Jack wrote:
Sour Mash wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Excellent stuff Martian. If you create a banner for the site can you either mail it to me or Woody so we have it on the DTK site

Always thought Martin was from Mars :D
Think back Ian. After that drinking session in Notts last year he changed into an alien.......and bit Pete. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which one needed the rabies shot though?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Hmm, good question.
Martian has always been a frothing madman (and thats not just because of supporting the Arsenal)
Pete's as mad as a box of smashed crabs as well.
I couldn't decide :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Hmm, good question.
Martian has always been a frothing madman (and thats not just because of supporting the Arsenal)

FARGLE!!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Shouldn't that be as mad as a box of frogs :D :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

crad wrote:
Shouldn't that be as mad as a box of frogs :D :lol: :lol:

RIBBIT!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ival-boss/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stop ticket rip-offs says festival boss
A leading festival boss has called for the UK’s secondary ticket market for music events to be regulated the same way as sporting transactions.

Melvin Benn of Festival Republic – behind the Reading and Leeds events among others – argues the current state of play leaves the door wide open for touts to rip off fans and organisers alike.

He wants an end to practices where touts can buy passes at face value then sell them on for many times that figure, leading to fans paying more, organisers losing out on profits and lost tax revenue.

And he wants to know why Olympic Games tickets are subject to laws which keep prices low – while similar legislation doesn’t offer protection for the music industry.

Benn writes in The Independent: “If I have tickets for the Olympics that I want to resell, there’s a law in place that dictates I can only sell them at face value with permission through the resale scheme, or give them to friends if I’m contactable on the day of the event. Ticket touting is also illegal for football matches.

“However, for live music events I can resell tickets for whatever I like.

“The government brushed off concerns by claiming touts are an irritant from which people can walk away. This ignores the fact that the longer the secondary ticket market stays unregulated, the more we’ll see the emergence of a two-speed economy in the arts and culture.

“I also believe it’s unfair that the profits made on secondary ticket sales go not to the organisations that take on the risk of mounting events, nor to the charities we work with. Instead, they go straight into the pockets of touts, who in turn pay no tax on their profits.”

Benn says it’s been suggested that the music industry should self-regulate sales with the introduction of measures such as photo ticketing. But he argues: “While these might work from a technical perspective, I can’t help but think they risk taking away a great deal of the fun and spontaneity that’s an integral part of going to a gig or a festival.

“As soon as we start expecting people to provide biometric information before they can buy tickets, live music stops being fun and starts feeling like applying to the government for permission to party.

“If legislations has worked for the Olympics in terms of making events affordable and accessible, it can work for festival and music promoters too.”

He’s one of the people behind a new industry body called FanFair Alliance to be launched later this year. He believes the partnership will “demonstrate it can be just that for the fans: fair.”
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
applecore88
KISS (1974)

Post by applecore88 »

He's absolutely right. Hope something comes of this!
Websites like ViaGoGo and SeatWave need shutting down. Channel 4's Dispatches documentary proved that not only are they given a cut of the available tickets, but they also have staff buying tickets on the morning of sale using multiple cards registered at different addresses. Isn't that fraud?

Tickets should be resold at face value only. Unfortunately, the only way to combat against touts would be to make doing it illegal and have police presence at every gig, which would surely take up a lot of police time and money?
crad

Post by crad »

Was talking about8 this with Martian I mean Martin :D lol yesterday day thing maybe on the move :D
Last edited by crad on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

I have made the same point about Olympics Tickets. The Government changed the law just for Olympics tickets because they didn't want the PR hit if those tickets were resold at a profit. In my view it's either right or wrong - if it is wrong it should apply to all secondary ticket sales.

I will be in touch with Festival Republic.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Got these yesterday. Proposed website headers. Fingers crossed I can get this finished over the weekend.

Anyway - which do you like:

Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
crad

Post by crad »

They both look great martin,but I'd go for the Top one.....
MrBlackwell
Alive II (1977)

Post by MrBlackwell »

I prefer the top design.
High Priest of Kisstianity.

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Definately the top one for me Martian. :D