Rickenbacker, Old, Favours Limited, Make An Offer :roll: :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Meat Loaf demands $100,000 from tribute act

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:
Mr.Spireite wrote:
Father Jack wrote:If the bloated gas bag wins this case it could start a very worrying trend for all tribute bands. :?
ROFLMAO
And this is funny how? Maybe you don't go see tribute bands but I and many on here do & enjoy doing so. If Meatloaf wins and the floodgates open then it either means paying silly prices for tickets to bands or worst case scenario, the bands give up as it's not worth all the hassle.
To me there are too many tribute bands nowadays.

I can understand the logic behind some bands who no longer tour or perhaps can't because they are dead, lol.

When you start getting tribute bands for artists that have a couple of albums you have to wonder but people turn up like sheep and that really just opens the floodgate for lazy musicians. Would you turn up to Liverpool v Man United in a fake football match woth lookalike players ????
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
To me there are too many tribute bands nowadays.

I can understand the logic behind some bands who no longer tour or perhaps can't because they are dead, lol.

When you start getting tribute bands for artists that have a couple of albums you have to wonder but people turn up like sheep and that really just opens the floodgate for lazy musicians. Would you turn up to Liverpool v Man United in a fake football match woth lookalike players ????
That clears that one up then :lol: :lol: :roll:
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

What Planet is this guy from ? Jendall ?!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Here is his web site http://www.numptysrus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

crad wrote:Here is his web site http://www.numptysrus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hahahahahahahahaa
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Just my opinion, apologies if it offends you....
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Mr.Spireite wrote:I can understand the logic behind some bands who no longer tour or perhaps can't because they are dead, lol.
I agree with that, how else would i get a chance to see Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison play Yardbirds lol :lol: 8)
Now i just need a Dio tribute to come along, seeing as i never got a chance to see the real thing :cry:
And i hope that Bloody Kisses the Type O Negative tribute decide to come to the club too, as i never got a chance to see them live either lol.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Mr.Spireite wrote:To me there are too many tribute bands nowadays.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but beware a great deal of people who visit this board enjoy a good night out watching a tribute band,as i do.

Oh and don't bother running to admin or mods when you get replies to your post, you seem to be baiting people to reply.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Kev wrote:
Mr.Spireite wrote:To me there are too many tribute bands nowadays.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but beware a great deal of people who visit this board enjoy a good night out watching a tribute band,as i do.

Oh and don't bother running to admin or mods when you get replies to your post, you seem to be baiting people to reply.
Not running to anyone....my opinion that's all....
Shane
The Originals (1976)

Post by Shane »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
Father Jack wrote:If the bloated gas bag wins this case it could start a very worrying trend for all tribute bands. :?
ROFLMAO
Its not really that funny if you think about it, is it? People who want to see hear and see their favourites bands music being played live may not have that opportunity anymore. Just because YOU don't like tribute bands doesn't give you the right to laugh at the fact that tribute bands could be in danger, narrow minded prick.

As for "lazy musicians", lots of tribute bands travel the whole country and finish the weekend out of pocket, where as so many musicians stick to just playing in their hometown and playing the same songs over and over again... I've been with DTK while they've traveled from one side of the country to the other with no sleep over the weekend and performed two 2 hour sets and I've earned more money then them by sat on my fat arse pushing buttons. And I'm sure thats the case of other tribute bands all over the country, they play the songs because they love the bands and music, and the crowd obviously enjoy it else they wouldn't keep getting booked.

How about instead of moaning about tattoos, tribute bands, too many red lights and trying to rip people off with guitars, you go out and actually enjoy yourself? You never know, you may like it...
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Shane wrote:
Mr.Spireite wrote:
ROFLMAO
Its not really that funny if you think about it, is it? People who want to see hear and see their favourites bands music being played live may not have that opportunity anymore. Just because YOU don't like tribute bands doesn't give you the right to laugh at the fact that tribute bands could be in danger, narrow minded prick.

As for "lazy musicians", lots of tribute bands travel the whole country and finish the weekend out of pocket, where as so many musicians stick to just playing in their hometown and playing the same songs over and over again... I've been with DTK while they've traveled from one side of the country to the other with no sleep over the weekend and performed two 2 hour sets and I've earned more money then them by sat on my fat arse pushing buttons. And I'm sure thats the case of other tribute bands all over the country, they play the songs because they love the bands and music, and the crowd obviously enjoy it else they wouldn't keep getting booked.

How about instead of moaning about tattoos, tribute bands, too many red lights and trying to rip people off with guitars, you go out and actually enjoy yourself? You never know, you may like it...
Opinions are like Assholes, we've all got them...people don't get your knickers in a twist over DTK. I have seen them myself as well many times. I enjoy them but I am not a raving fanboy.
Shane
The Originals (1976)

Post by Shane »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
Opinions are like Assholes, we've all got them...people don't get your knickers in a twist over DTK. I have seen them myself as well many times. I enjoy them but I am not a raving fanboy.
I'm using DTK as an example as I've worked with them for a few years and know what goes on, I just struggle to understand how you think tribute bands are lazy as they often travel hundreds of miles over the space of 48 hours :roll:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Stop fooking moaning everyone ffs :roll:
Join my Fantasy Footy league :)
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Shane
The Originals (1976)

Post by Shane »

crad wrote:Stop fooking moaning everyone ffs :roll: