Talk about other bands... or whatever!
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Re: Ticket Justice

Post by nicksmithworld »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... enues.html

this is the end result of corporate greed...empty seats... :roll:
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

It's a fooking disgrace it happens at all major sporting events,plenty of people i know tried & failed to get tickets,
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

I applied for tickets for a London event, its something that wont happen again in my life time. It really annoyed me that so many companies have been running competitions along with their products to win tickets.
I honestly thought that the Olympics was for the common man, anyone from any standing should be able to compete in the games. Obviously for certain sports that isnt the case but anyone who is a resident in GB should be able to have the chance to spectate.I would love to see the actual breakdown of the ticket distribution,once again it seems the corporate fat cats have been given preference.

There is something sadly wrong when former Olympic medal winners from these islands are unable to attend an opening ceremony because there place is taken by someone who has simply been able to pay more money into the kitty for their ticket. Scandalous!
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Welcome to rip off Britain.
Same thing applies with cup final tickets as the only other person who has seen a recent cup final (Axebass) will agree.
Wembley holds 92,000 yet for this year's cup final both Chelski & LFC were allocated 25,000 tickets each (approx). Both clubs have attendances over 40,000 at every home game so half of these spectators automatically lost out on tickets.
Utter disgrace !!
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

As far as I'm aware the distribution and sale of tickets uses the same system as previous games and as such whilst it's obviously a problem, it's not one that is specific to our country since it's always crap. Just checked availability and £50 tickets are available for Wednesday evening swimming. Closing ceremony available too, oh, right, the cheapest are £650. Table tennis anyone?
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Monkey Tennis ?
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Most of the empty seats are not corporate,but for Olympics officials. The vast majority of seats were sold to the public. (I won mine on an Olympic scratchcard!!). Those that are on sale are mostly tickets that have bee given up by members of the public that have realised quite late that they can't attend. At least they are on sale at cost price - to me it shows how much better it is to ban Seatwave and Get Me In from behaving like they do to escalate prices.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Father Jack wrote:Monkey Tennis ?
:lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Inner city sumo ?
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

To me the whole problem with the Olympics is because we have yet to solve the problem with touts and agencies, simples. It should be so simple, you want a ticket for x event. You order it, you go.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mr.Spireite wrote:To me the whole problem with the Olympics is because we have yet to solve the problem with touts and agencies, simples. It should be so simple, you want a ticket for x event. You order it, you go.
And if you can't go & you can't return the ticket to the venue you find a tout or pop it on ebay...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:
Mr.Spireite wrote:To me the whole problem with the Olympics is because we have yet to solve the problem with touts and agencies, simples. It should be so simple, you want a ticket for x event. You order it, you go.
And if you can't go & you can't return the ticket to the venue you find a tout or pop it on ebay...
I know, big problem and there's no way around it presently. You also can't risk giving it to someone as well (not sure if they are identifiable or even toutable).
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Pete

Post by Pete »

*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Very interesting