Thanks paypal

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Thanks paypal

Post by KISStrooper »

for letting some scrote take £1000 out of my account and then "opening a dispute" with the thieving bastard !

there email is allybell90@googlemail.com, just googled it and the same photo on different sites keeps appearing !
Mick
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Thanks paypal

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

KISStrooper wrote:for letting some scrote take £1000 out of my account and then "opening a dispute" with the thieving bastard !

there email is allybell90@googlemail.com, just googled it and the same photo on different sites keeps appearing !
How do you Google an email address???? And sorry to hear that news...

Can you give anymore info as to how this happened? Been using Paypal for years, as most ebayers prob have, and when I hear stuff like this it always makes me caucious. How did they get to take money out of your account without you sending it? I always thought it was impossible for someone to take money?
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:
KISStrooper wrote:for letting some scrote take £1000 out of my account and then "opening a dispute" with the thieving bastard !

How do you Google an email address???? And sorry to hear that news...

Can you give anymore info as to how this happened? Been using Paypal for years, as most ebayers prob have, and when I hear stuff like this it always makes me caucious. How did they get to take money out of your account without you sending it? I always thought it was impossible for someone to take money?
It happened 4.02 am Monday morning. I think the email addy above has also been compromised as he is a genuine ebayer wo has bought and sold a few DVD's Based in Scotland.

Somehow, i have no idea how, but someone sold a commemorative Gold bullion bar for 1k through his account in a one day sale.

My account was used to buy this bar, the auction is still on ebay with me as the winner.

However this is where it gets scary, my home delivery address was changed to some where in Surrey and emails from ebay AND Paypal, redirected to somewhere or persons unknown so i had no idea about this until i popped into the bank earlier regarding phone insurance, completely by chance i went in.

the only sites i go on is this, FB, Twitter and general surfing. rarely use ebay BUT i did by a phone cover on Sunday that appears to be legit.

When this is over and i hopefully get my cash back i'll be closing both PP and Ebay.
I always thought it was impossible for someone to take money?
Not at all and VERY easy.
Mick
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

After the Wonga.com... Another scary story of lowlife stealing stuff that isn't theirs , .. :( I hope it all works out for you).. and it just makes me a bit more wary about the "net"....
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Got my money back !!!!! :D
Mick
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Glad you got your money back Mick...
Seems very strange there is a lot of this going on so much for online security :(
I was bidding on ebay for something for my Mrs i had an email saying item ending soon...so i checked said item & i was winning ...Good job i checked as my maximum bid was £1600 for a £30 item wtf...
I withdrew my bid straight away , something is very wrong with ebay and needs sorting I hadn't used it for a while and wont be in the near future...
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

This is really worrying for anyone who uses the net to pay for anything.
KISStrooper
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by KISStrooper »

Worrying indeed.

I was talking to a CID officer today who said it is on the increase and Christmas day is the day when most accounts get hit because a lot of people don't go on the net etc on this day.

To be honest it has scared the crap out of me because not only did they fleece my account but changed details and redirected emails, thats scary shit !
Mick