The Police

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
ACE18
Love Gun (1977)

The Police

Post by ACE18 »

The Police re-united at The Grammys, 11-02-2007 Fake backing vocals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIIOwONgmJY
You gotta save yourself

Kev

Post by Kev »

sorry but i think they are so over rated,,sting has sung with a blocked nose for years, in fact i hate there music. only my opinion ;) what the chuff do i know ;)
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

all i know is i will be phone in hand at 9.am ringing for overpriced tickets to see them...never liked sting on his own but stuart is a fantastic drummer and andy is a very underrated guitarist,i wasn't old enough (i know as if) to see them in the 80's and i will go just for the nostalgia thing,same as if the jam do reform it's just gotta be done to say you saw them!...remember guys I WENT TO SEE TAKE THAT lol :oops:
Pete

Post by Pete »

plugfooty wrote:sorry but i think they are so over rated,,sting has sung with a blocked nose for years, in fact i hate there music. only my opinion ;) what the chuff do i know ;)

PMSL! :lol: :lol: :lol: . I have always thought this only to be told by 'real music fans' that sting is one the greatest singers of our generation.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
sweetpain
Alive II (1977)

Post by sweetpain »

I'm with Rick on this one.

Great drummer and they have even hinted at some new material for the tour.

Credit card at the ready.

Is it So Lonely or Sue Lawley
;)
MY LOVE WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

sweetpain wrote:I'm with Rick on this one.

;)
i dunno but it's deffo massage in a brothel
sweetpain
Alive II (1977)

Post by sweetpain »

ric k iss wrote:
sweetpain wrote:I'm with Rick on this one.

;)
i dunno but it's deffo massage in a brothel
:lol: :lol:
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Can I eat some Humble Pie - when I was growing up .........

I was a metal head in school and I hated new wave, two tone and any bands who weren't " 'eavy" or punky.

It's only with hindsight (last 20 years) - that I have seen what I have missed.

I might not actually go and see Sting & co - but I will be listening to the concert or buying the live dvd.

Anyone remember their interview on Entertainment USA when the lads were playing around and one of them got injured.
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

Dan bach wrote:Can I eat some Humble Pie - when I was growing up .........

I was a metal head in school and I hated new wave, two tone and any bands who weren't " 'eavy" or punky.

I might not actually go and see Sting & co - but I will be listening to the concert or buying the live dvd.

Anyone remember their interview on Entertainment USA when the lads were playing around and one of them got injured.
i remember that..i belive stuart broke his arm falling backwards if my memory serves me right? i know there was a lot of hate in the band towards the end..i'm sure it will be on you-tube somewhere..
speaking of entertainment usa i would love to see the kiss clip off there,does anyone know if it's on you-tube? i remember something along the lines of "eric favours spiked red heels" and gene saying he hated all kinds of synth music??
sweetpain
Alive II (1977)

Post by sweetpain »

ric k iss wrote:
Dan bach wrote:Can I eat some Humble Pie - when I was growing up .........

i remember that..i belive stuart broke his arm falling backwards if my memory serves me right? i know there was a lot of hate in the band towards the end..i'm sure it will be on you-tube somewhere..
speaking of entertainment usa i would love to see the kiss clip off there,does anyone know if it's on you-tube? i remember something along the lines of "eric favours spiked red heels" and gene saying he hated all kinds of synth music??
You will prob find that on youtube Rick.
If not I have that episode of Ent USA featuring the Creatures vid if you want a copy.
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Back in the day when my shithole of a town was the hotbed of music i actually saw the Police live.....think it was 79.They set the attendance record for the King Georges Hall that night,in fact i think it still stands.......
I have no shame in saying that the concert was fantastic, i was very young back then and hadnt experienced an atmosphere like that before....
We had some of the greats play my town..........Bowie,Queen,Beatles,Acdc,Leppard,.......Daniel o Donnel ;)
Motorhead Bryan Adams The list goes on ...........these days we get no such thing..
Pete

Post by Pete »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Back in the day when my shithole of a town was the hotbed of music i actually saw the Police live.....think it was 79.They set the attendance record for the King Georges Hall that night,in fact i think it still stands.......
I have no shame in saying that the concert was fantastic, i was very young back then and hadnt experienced an atmosphere like that before....
We had some of the greats play my town..........Bowie,Queen,Beatles,Acdc,Leppard,.......Daniel o Donnel ;)
Motorhead Bryan Adams The list goes on ...........these days we get no such thing..
It's a shame that bands/artists no longer play venues like this, these days.
Would love to see bands as stated above in initimate venues like this. Also it'd probably be a lot cheaper!!!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

did you know andy summers is 65!! feckin ell i thought peter criss was old lol
Pete

Post by Pete »

Announced a UK tour for October I think.

Not sure of dates...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

ric k iss wrote:did you know andy summers is 65!! feckin ell i thought peter criss was old lol
We all get older.....