alter bridge/shinedown/halestorm

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

alter bridge/shinedown/halestorm

Post by tallfruit »

had the privilege to be on the guest list for this gig in cardiff last night, great to see three great bands together and not some unknown support act.

halestorm where amazing that girl has a hell of a pair of lungs on her

shinedown great band just a shame brent mimed half the set

alter bridge just get better and better they have to be one of the best live bands around at the mo
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Re: alter bridge/shinedown/halestorm

Post by starchildmark »

Mimed ???? Please tell more ??
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

there was at least half of the set where you could clearly see he wasnt actually singing lol, i was pretty close to the front and it was quite obvious, the usual places missing the first word of a line and ending the line late etc.. dont get me wrong the ones he did sing live where good but obviously there are some songs he just cant hit live, so instead of leaving them out he mimes them
paul m
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by paul m »

Went last night to Manchester - I thought the very same thing - I did wonder if it was some strange effect they were using on his vocals that was giving the effect of him lip synching but they sounded just a little too perfect - that's vocals and the band generally.

The sound then got worse for the first 3 or 4 songs of Alter Bridge who sounded completely 'live'.

Great line up though and great value for £25 !
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

yeh shinedown sounded way too much like a cd lol, whereas alter bridge where totally live and brilliant with it,enjoyed halestorm too