Football season 2013/14

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
skinnymartin

Re: Football season 2013/14

Post by skinnymartin »

I am here and very happy. Just busy. Lost a close game to The Red Mancs, still two points clear. Perfectly happy. My view is still the same. If we can be there or thereabouts come transfer window, we can bring in some real talent and win the thing.

Once again everyone forgets all the predictions of disaster that were made back in August that, once again, proved to be absolute tripe.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:I am here and very happy. Just busy. Lost a close game to The Red Mancs, still two points clear. Perfectly happy. My view is still the same. If we can be there or thereabouts come transfer window, we can bring in some real talent and win the thing.

Once again everyone forgets all the predictions of disaster that were made back in August that, once again, proved to be absolute tripe.
Not February yet... :wink:

Anyway...http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2kwkKQpnu

And that's a fact!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Yet another good weekend for Arsenal.

Everyone said we would fall when we played the top teams. Well of the current supposed top teams we have played Manchester United, Southampton and the Tiny Totts (top team ha!)

The outcome. Won 3, lost one, and we are four points clear.

We could do this you know - especially if we buy in the transfer window.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

skinnymartin wrote:Yet another good weekend for Arsenal.

Everyone said we would fall when we played the top teams. Well of the current supposed top teams we have played Manchester United, Southampton and the Tiny Totts (top team ha!)

The outcome. Won 3, lost one, and we are four points clear.

We could do this you know - especially if we buy in the transfer window.
Get back to us after February...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hmmm...So that's an interesting group for England then.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Chelsea should've stuck with Rafa...Image :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I prefer the fact we have to come out all guns blazing against Italy. Usually when we're seeded we get lumbered with some utter dross & as a result our game doesn't start to improve until we meet someone half decent. By that time all the other teams have already kicked into gear & are far faster and can see what awaits them. We just keep lumbering on and hope to bore our way into the last 8 and beyond.
Incredibly stupid of FIFA to allow the kick off to be moved because of pressure from media companies. Both teams will now have to play in the Amazonian heat & humidity during the evening instead of at night. I suppose they won't allow the teams to have water breaks either.
So...
England v Italy (Jun 14 midnight kick off)
England v U r Gay (Jun 19 7.30pm kick off)
England v Costa Rica (Jun 24 5pm kick off)
England fly home (Jun 25 10am departure)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:I prefer the fact we have to come out all guns blazing against Italy. Usually when we're seeded we get lumbered with some utter dross & as a result our game doesn't start to improve until we meet someone half decent. By that time all the other teams have already kicked into gear & are far faster and can see what awaits them. We just keep lumbering on and hope to bore our way into the last 8 and beyond.
Incredibly stupid of FIFA to allow the kick off to be moved because of pressure from media companies. Both teams will now have to play in the Amazonian heat & humidity during the evening instead of at night. I suppose they won't allow the teams to have water breaks either.
So...
England v Italy (Jun 14 midnight kick off)
England v U r Gay (Jun 19 7.30pm kick off)
England v Costa Rica (Jun 24 5pm kick off)
England fly home (Jun 25 10am departure)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We can't do any worse than the Cricket team are doing...can we?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Don't mention the C word sir ,Just a bunch of Girls throwing their handbags at each other,
Anyway Who will be sacked first Jose or Moyes , I thought we had a scummer on here ? Or his he like the rest of the E=MU SUPPORTERS :D :D when they are losing,Head in the sand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As for the World cup Hmmm very difficult for us,we should beat Italy, U R Gay could be a Draw ,Costa Coffee will be a lesson in how to put the ball in the net,So if anyone is thinking of going to brasil to get beaten to a pulp,mugged and ripped off save your Wonga .
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

still trying to work out how brazil are only 2 hrs behind our time i thought that south america would be similar to north america and be between 5hrs + behind us,with only 2 hrs games should be at a reasonable time
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Brazil has various time zones. Its a pretty big place, lol.

As for who gets sacked first, I can state it won't be Jose. My guess is AVB will be given the boot Monday morning if things go tits up against us Sunday. Personally I hope Utd keep Moyes as manager for a long, long time. He's doing a fantastic job & long may it continue. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:Brazil has various time zones. Its a pretty big place, lol.

As for who gets sacked first, I can state it won't be Jose. My guess is AVB will be given the boot Monday morning if things go tits up against us Sunday. Personally I hope Utd keep Moyes as manager for a long, long time. He's doing a fantastic job & long may it continue. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Totally aqgree. Moyes IN!!! Though it might nice if he slowed things down a bit, placate the fans...he's turning things to shit too quickly.

Slow down lad, you've got a 6 year contract... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Father Jack wrote:Brazil has various time zones. Its a pretty big place, lol.

I'd sack Wenger for playing with their hopes for almost a decade :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Spurs should've stuck with 'Arry...Image :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Pete wrote:Spurs should've stuck with 'Arry...Image :wink:
AVB is a muppet but Daniel 'oooooh what a shrewd businessman I am' is the real problem for spurs. £100+m and 5-0 at home, 3-0 at home and 6-0 away before Christmas :lol: :lol: :lol: