Iconic Eye

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Iconic Eye

Post by grunge »

'sup Dudes?

Self promotion but, ahead of the band I'm in playing Download on the Saturday...

...our debut album is out now!

iTunes Link

Amazon Link

A YouTube Sample is available here http://youtu.be/MkSGsBdum4s

Please let me know what you think and if you are at Download - we're 1st band on Saturday at 11am on 4th Stage - Ace isn't on until the afternoon I don't think so, see ya there! :twisted:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Re: Iconic Eye

Post by madmark »

I'm only going on the Sunday.... BUT I wish you nothing but loudness and brilliance!!! I hope the stage gets waaay too many people dancing on it and you have to abandon your set due to crowd dancing..!!! :D Rock On!!!!
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
tom snyders teddy bear
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by tom snyders teddy bear »

Sounds like Kenny Moon on the kettles to me!! Good luck mate
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

How did it go??
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

Pretty amazing!
I'll do a write up, as soon as I get a chance - partly KISS related too! :twisted:

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Post by grunge »

Well I've bored everyone sh!tless about it for the last few weeks so you're getting it too....

We go the Download slot on the back of 6 Track EP we recorded in May 2014. Someone at LiveNation liked what they heard and we we're offered the gig in November 2014...but I couldn't say anything to anyone until the official release in February 2015. We were recording the 1st album over the months when funds allowed and weren't in a position to play live until the beginning of May 2015, so Download was actually only our 3rd gig! :shock:

The whole process from when you are announced is all done online. There were pages and pages of accreditation to complete and registration for the artist wristbands/passes etc etc.

We got there at 7am - the Band accreditation didn't open until 8.30 so, I wandered around the car park in the pi$$ing rain looking at the signs to see who was there.
Mallory Knox parked next to us and said alright to them....didn't realise they were Main Stage.

Got our wristbands, loaded the gear into the vans and drove to the back of the tent at stage 4.

Stage manager met us and we set up - all bands on Stage 4 had to use the provided backline - no problem £3K of bass rig will do alright!

Bang on 10am, line and soundcheck (bonus of 1st band on !). What a sound! The bass was immense. We couldn't stop smiling and that really pumped us up.
Then, and this is the mad part, as we're half way through the soundcheck a tractor pulls up outside the tent and blasts about 3 tons of hay into it!!!
2 of us have really bad hayfever and we couldn't breathe!
Everything was covered, I'm still finding it in all my cases and bags! LOL

So we finish the check and it's just throwing it down, find the dressing room and get changed and the Stage Manager tells us due to the weather they're hold off opening the arena gates until 10.30am.
Bummer.

Head to the tent and there's about 100 - 150 in there and some people I knew should have been there, weren't..including our singers Mrs!
Martin was at the barrier, stood right next to my Brother.
Bang on 11am we kick the intro off and a few more pile in and luckily the singer's Mrs comes in just as we step on stage.

I reckon the tent we 2/3rds full which was slightly disappointing but, later found out it was due to the gates opening later and them trying to process the day tickets - some had come just for us and missed half the set. :(
Well it was 11am on a rainy Saturday morning so those that were there got to see me live out a childhood dream.

We were allow just 25mins & the set went like clockwork, we'd rehearsed everything and got it to 24.30mins with all the banter!
All the songs seemed to go down really well but, it was the quickest 25mins ever.

I just went for it, foot on the monitors, playing up to the pit...living the dream!! LOL

When we finished we had interviews in press centre for most of the day but, got to see Ace Frehley and watched The Struts and Dub War kill it on 'our' stage.
The mud, jeez.....

Came back on Sunday for more interviews - The Darkness followed us into Donington Park.
Just hanging around, watched a few bands; Saw Beth in the bar and later on I noticed a KISS laminate sign the other side of the fence next to the press area - it was Paul Stanley's Dressing Room!! I asked security if I could take a pic and they said sure, what pass have you got? Showed them and they said 'You can go backstage with the artist passes'!!
OMFG!! We never knew that!
So, watched Motley Poo go onstage and got through to front of house right by the stage. A few new Iconic Eye fans came to say hello and get pics with us - That will never get boring!
Then came backstage again to see the fan pics with KISS - saw Beth again and watched KISS go onstage from 10 feet away! That was my 24th KISS gig! They blew Download apart...again.

If you're still reading thanks, I only know one other friend that played Donington, he was the drummer in Paradise Lost in '96....who'd have thought 19 years later I'd ever get the chance....with KISS headlining again! :twisted:

Thanks for all the messages of support, they were a great help.

madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

Excellent report Dear boy,well done ,I'm really pleased for you! :D
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Great read mate.

Wish I could have been there to see you fulfill a dream.

Maybe next time!!
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Pete

Post by Pete »

Maybe a support slot on the forthcoming UK tour???
Congrats mate. Very happy for you.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
tom snyders teddy bear
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by tom snyders teddy bear »

Congratulations mate...a friend of mine caught your set and was very impressed...told him to look out for a bald bloke with a funny brummie accent but not the one with the Harley who sings about Breaking The Law!
Pjcity
The Originals (1976)

Post by Pjcity »

I see (pardon the pun!) your playing at my very local (The Railway at Bromley Cross Bolton) on Saturday 18th July.....

As I missed you at download (I was only there on the Sunday) then I will drop in for a few beers and a listen!!
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Post by grunge »

Cheers Guys.
Still on a downer since we played, such a rush.

Chris, Brummie? REALLY? Black Country La, NOT Brummie!!
Rob Halford and I are from the same town, and Noddy Holder too!

Looking forward to The Railway in Bromley Cross, Bolton. Twix is going...Don??

acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

grunge wrote:Cheers Guys.
Still on a downer since we played, such a rush.

Chris, Brummie? REALLY? Black Country La, NOT Brummie!!
Rob Halford and I are from the same town, and Noddy Holder too!

Looking forward to The Railway in Bromley Cross, Bolton. Twix is going...Don??
Im at a family 25th anniversary do mate but Im trying to getaway early so I can make the Railway gig.Hopefully see you then,looking forward to it.
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Post by grunge »

Well the rollercoaster has definitely begun now....