Def leppard/Whitesnake tour....

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Kev

Re: Def leppard/Whitesnake tour....

Post by Kev »

too far away for any great close up shots,great gig,great night.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
Kev

Post by Kev »

see it was bloomn packed :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

And you Mr. Plugster man and Mrs. Plugster were just small faces in the crowd :mrgreen: :D :lol:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
Pete

Post by Pete »

Great photo's Plug!

It was a great gig. The MEN was also packed.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
tasker
Dressed To Kill (1975)

Post by tasker »

is it me or where the snake on for longer than the leps??
Pete

Post by Pete »

tasker wrote:is it me or where the snake on for longer than the leps??
In Mcr it was about the same I think. (times are approximates)

Snake 19:45 - 21:05
Leps 21:30 - 23:10
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
milese
The Originals (1976)

Post by milese »

went to the wembley gig last night. DC was awesome. We got right to the front in the middle and were literally about 10 ft from him. His band was tight - a real stellar performance.

Wasn't particularly interested in seeing DL but hung about for a few songs and they seemed to be going down well, but David Coverdale was in fine form - gord bless 'im!
Joseph KISS Senior
The Originals (1976)

Post by Joseph KISS Senior »

Both bands were fantastic at Sheffield. Whitesnake were great and the new songs fitted nicely among the classics. Hope they do their own tour sometime soon playing more of the new stuff.
Def Leppard on home turf were the best I have seen them out of 3 shows. Again I hope they tour soon, although not too keen on many of the new songs. Good to see big crowds at these shows, people want to be entertained again.
I said to her ' Honey that ain't no pistol thats my...'
I SAID TO HER ' HONEY THAT AIN'T NO PISTOL THATS MY ... LOVE GUN'.
berwickranger
KISS (1974)

Post by berwickranger »

Went to Newcastle show on Tuesday and have to say was disappointed in W/Snake. Sound didn't seem right and after watching the Lep set it seemed that it was kind of a Mr Coverdale show as he was always front and centre with the band stuck on the backline most of the time compared to the Leps where all members were really working all parts of the stage.

When Leppard came on it was like the show was 100% better from a sound/light/energy perspective. Have to say enjoyed new songs from both bands but was unsure why Lepp encored with bad actress as seemed to make crowd flat as logically there would be 50% Lep fans in the crowd and maybe 50% of those would have heard the album??

However it was a good package and hopefully other acts will follow suit to give joint arena shows rather than theatre level on their own.
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

What a storming gig.

3 great bands.

Man of the match - goes to Rick Allen - my vantage point - front row in front of Phil (six pack) Collen - I could see Rick's legs --- freakin' hell he drummed his heart out - his feet were doing Dave Lombardo/Raymond Herrera/Charlie Bennante bass drum patterns.

(only draw back - traffic problems in Cardiff .... when did they shut St Mary's Street off ..... freakin' idiots! So many lost souls - trying to get to the venue - expressions - of I want to go down that street and I am NOT allowed to :twisted: :twisted: I am sure I am gonna get a traffic offence - for making an illegal u-turn. Cardiff is off my gig list NOW!)

Dwight - were you there? If so - did you photograph Joe E in a Welsh shirt? His comment about BRAINS!
When he mentioned all the Welsh connections in the roadcrew - Mal Mortimer, his daughter - wardrobe and his son. I really thought they might break into Racing Cars - They shoot horses don't they!
Great to see the "ddraig" (dragon) on front of the video screen credits!
Thayer08 - I know you were there - sorry we didn't meetup.

Aldrich/Beach ..... luckily don't have that air of Vai/Vandenberg had at Donington 1990. Think of the movie - Crossroads - hey look at me - duelling guitars.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote:What a storming gig.

3 great bands.

Gig of the Summer if not for Kiss...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
largebloke
Alive II (1977)

Post by largebloke »

I had a great vantage point at Wembley a couple of weeks ago, and I have to agree on Rick Allen. What a star! I know his legs have to work a bit more than most drummers, but I was totally impressed - it almost knackered me out just watching him.
When did Motley Crue become Classic Rock?
Hazza
Love Gun (1977)

Post by Hazza »

Ah, ya buggers...just got a ticket for Liverpool tonite...couldn't resist!! :wink:
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

Slightly gutted that I missed the Glasgow date of this tour but seeing as I was in Paris seeing Kiss at the time... I'll live!
That said, I throughly enjoyed Def Leppard's set at Arrow and although I wasn't down the front for the whole of Whitesnake's set I thought it was great too.
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Great gig! Great meeting up with Dan and sooo many others i know.
All three bands played an excellent set and all very energetic too.
I really enjoyed all three bands but Da Lepps i would say where the best band last night.