Dr Who

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Dr Who

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Dan bach wrote:
Sour Mash wrote:
KISStrooper wrote:Wasn't Paul McGann a film doctor as opposed to the TV Doctors? if he is then what about Peter cushing in the line up?

anyway lol what are the spoilers, tell, i cant wait !
peter cushing sucked in the role...!! roy castle what was that about... good movie though.

Tennent has been offered £1 million for a 4th series i bet for the 1st time ever he regenerates into the same body...
Well, that's the BBC Wales budget spent - for the next few years then ..... :roll: & :wink:

McGann in my eyes is a film Doc. IMHO he doesn't count - that was a Yentob/US spinoff.

I agree the first two or three episodes of this series were not up to standard. Tate as "an assistant/companion/love interest", I have warmed to her - at first that's all I could think of - her comedy series.

You leave Cushing alone ...... Those two films are spinoffs/ripoffs/pisstakes of the Hartnell era .... fuddy duddy grandpa Doc.

Think I will be rumaging around Cardiff after the series finishes - see what things I can find in the BBC Wales skip! :shock: & :lol:

Still trying to figure out Dalekan? Does he superseed Davros or was it (he) Davros' orig or improved dalek design.

Mr Majester, no more spoilers please ..... will be glued to the tv next Sat evening .... beers are in the fridge already!

But in the meantime - congrats to Russell T Davies/Gardner/Collinson & BBC Wales for bringing quality TV back to Saturday early evening viewing!
But the McGann Doctor "DOES" count due to being included in the last series in "family of blood" I think where the Doctor was in hiding an dhe had drawn other incarnations of himself and I believe that McGann was in it.

Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
Dan bach wrote:Well, that's the BBC Wales budget spent - for the next few years then ..... :roll: & :wink:

McGann in my eyes is a film Doc. IMHO he doesn't count - that was a Yentob/US spinoff.

I agree the first two or three episodes of this series were not up to standard. Tate as "an assistant/companion/love interest", I have warmed to her - at first that's all I could think of - her comedy series.

You leave Cushing alone ...... Those two films are spinoffs/ripoffs/pisstakes of the Hartnell era .... fuddy duddy grandpa Doc.

Think I will be rumaging around Cardiff after the series finishes - see what things I can find in the BBC Wales skip! :shock: & :lol:

Still trying to figure out Dalekan? Does he superseed Davros or was it (he) Davros' orig or improved dalek design.

Mr Majester, no more spoilers please ..... will be glued to the tv next Sat evening .... beers are in the fridge already!

But in the meantime - congrats to Russell T Davies/Gardner/Collinson & BBC Wales for bringing quality TV back to Saturday early evening viewing!
But the McGann Doctor "DOES" count due to being included in the last series in "family of blood" I think where the Doctor was in hiding an dhe had drawn other incarnations of himself and I believe that McGann was in it.

Yeah, have to agree, McGann was definitely one of the "real" Doctors. They were trying to make it accessible to a US audience and failed miserably.

Russel T has worked wonders though, and Stephen Moffat is a good choice to take over the lead writer and exec producer role (for those who aren't complete anoraks, he was responsible for the scary gas mask faced child in series 1: cue small voice saying... "Are you my mummy?" - chilling! He also created the Weeping Angels of series 3 and wrote the Library story this year).

And now for the most important question.... what the heck was up with Miss Piper's voice last week? (Haven't seen this week's yet so no idea if she still sounds like she's wearing granny's teeth!)
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Im glad you asked that SC her voice was all lispy and weird it continued this week..

bloody annoying at times..

did the mcgann version ever come out on DVD?? I actually enjoyed that..he was cool on the motorbike...
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Post by mrmajester »

Yeah Billie's voice was odd to say the least, too much time on the parallel Earth maybe.

Here's the McGann one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... d_i=468294
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Whatever happens - I will be watching this Saturday night.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote:Whatever happens - I will be watching this Saturday night.
I think we all will. Ruth was left speechless after last Saturday nights!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

mrmajester wrote:Yeah Billie's voice was odd to say the least, too much time on the parallel Earth maybe.

Here's the McGann one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... d_i=468294

thanks for the link pal..! :wink:
Pete wrote:
Dan bach wrote:Whatever happens - I will be watching this Saturday night.
I think we all will. Ruth was left speechless after last Saturday nights!

i was amazed how fast the 50 odd minute show went...classic!!!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sour Mash wrote:

i was amazed how fast the 50 odd minute show went...classic!!!

Think this Saturdays is 65 minutes
Last edited by Pete on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PhoeniX PhiL
The Originals (1976)

Post by PhoeniX PhiL »

I've heard several bizare outcomes for the series final.

POTENTIAL SPOLIERS (highlight to read)

* The Doctors severed hand plays a huge part. Either allowing him to be the first doctor to "manage" his regeneration and regain his physical form OR... the 10th doctor regenerates in to the 11th doctor (alledgely played by David Morrissey) and they recreate a clone of the 10th doctor from the hand who after the xmas special (which features both doctors) goes off to live happily ever after with Rose on the alternate earth ! possibly B.S. but it's been put about a few message boards.
Pete

Post by Pete »

PhoeniX PhiL wrote:I've heard several bizare outcomes for the series final.

POTENTIAL SPOLIERS (highlight to read)
WOW!!! :shock: :D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PhoeniX PhiL
The Originals (1976)

Post by PhoeniX PhiL »

POTENTIAL SPOILER / RUMOUR:

Tennant AND Morrisey together on the set of the xmas special. nuff said.

check out this picture

http://www.eyeofhorus.org.uk/images/pho ... tscene.jpg

:shock:
Last edited by PhoeniX PhiL on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrmajester
Alive II (1977)

Post by mrmajester »

Aagh! Don't let Dan see this. :shock:
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

PhoeniX PhiL wrote:Tennant AND Morrisey together on the set of the xmas special. nuff said.
Phoenix Phil ..... welcome to the Forum ........

But PLEASE NO more spoilers ............

or I will have to seek the help of my buddy DAVROS and his creations to seek someone out ...... :shock: 8) & :lol:
Last edited by Dan bach on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Post by Pete »

PhoeniX PhiL wrote:
Tennant AND Morrisey together on the set of the xmas special. nuff said.

:idea:
Maybe you could just post a link to this picture and not the actual picture itself... :?:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
PhoeniX PhiL
The Originals (1976)

Post by PhoeniX PhiL »

whoops sorry guys got caught up in the excitement a little bit and presumed unless people knew about the rumours that the photo wouldnt make much sense (i've made corrections to help mask it)

Now please call Davros off... being exterminated would ruin my lunch break :wink: