Journey to play Download

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Re: Journey to play Download

Post by dtkdemongene »

It's all pedantic.... and we're not anti-pedantic are we? :wink:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Pete

Post by Pete »

dtkdemongene wrote:It's all pedantic.... and we're not anti-pedantic are we? :wink:
I f00kin hope not otherwise I'm jiggered!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

daniel3786 wrote:
dtkdemongene wrote:Journey, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, ZZ Top, Crue
I would class 4 of them as classic cock rock bands and so would many others, a nightclub near me has a cock rock night every month - and those four bands are always played Leppard, Journey, Whitesnake, Crue.

Sure it is not solely a cock rock festival, but the lineup is more varied this year, and that is for the better!
Sounds like the nightclub near you has no idea what cock rock is! Crue maybe. Leppard & Whitesnake... possibly. Journey - never in a million years would I have classed them as purveyors of cock rock!
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Scottish_Connection
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by Scottish_Connection »

dtkdemongene wrote:Feck! That's me going too then....

I was 90% going, but that's just decided it for me...! :wink:
Sounds like I'm going to! Really enjoyed Journey at Arrow last year, and this time I might actually recognise more than just one or two songs!
17853 miles and counting - a personal Odyssey
1822 miles and counting - another Odyssey?
Pete

Post by Pete »

Scottish_Connection wrote:
daniel3786 wrote:
dtkdemongene wrote:Journey, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, ZZ Top, Crue
I would class 4 of them as classic cock rock bands and so would many others, a nightclub near me has a cock rock night every month - and those four bands are always played Leppard, Journey, Whitesnake, Crue.

Sure it is not solely a cock rock festival, but the lineup is more varied this year, and that is for the better!
Sounds like the nightclub near you has no idea what cock rock is! Crue maybe. Leppard & Whitesnake... possibly. Journey - never in a million years would I have classed them as purveyors of cock rock!

What is Cock Rock though? One mans cock rock may be another mans glam rock etc. No wonder rock music fans get called by fans of other music when we can't even decide what to call our own flipping music!!!

Why catergorize? Why not just enjoy the music these bands bring us and not over analyze everything?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Cock Rock..?? No more Classic Rock to coin a phrase. after visits every summer for 4 years including this one from Journey (Well March in 07..but lets not be pedantic...)! plus succesful visits from Styx,REO,etc and last years Whitesnake/Leppard tour along with events like our boys Kiss last year....

promoters are realising theres demand for this kind of act..which there is as in all thses summer US tours by the amphitheatre type acts..which attract people of an age like myself and many on this board mid thirties to forties..plus the odd 50 year old like pete. who mostly have a disposable income and can afford/look forward and most importantly enjoy this kind of gig....
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sour Mash wrote:Cock Rock..?? No more Classic Rock to coin a phrase. after visits every summer for 4 years including this one from Journey (Well March in 07..but lets not be pedantic...)! plus succesful visits from Styx,REO,etc and last years Whitesnake/Leppard tour along with events like our boys Kiss last year....

promoters are realising theres demand for this kind of act..which there is as in all thses summer US tours by the amphitheatre type acts..which attract people of an age like myself and many on this board mid thirties to forties..plus the odd 50 year old like pete. who mostly have a disposable income and can afford/look forward and most importantly enjoy this kind of gig....

Cheeky Blighter!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Seems that the layout of Donington has changed again

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/_Reso ... mg/map.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Scottish_Connection wrote:Sounds like the nightclub near you has no idea what cock rock is!
Oh they do, you can tell by the masses of 80s balding rockers who turn up by the hundred. :lol:
dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

Sour Mash wrote:plus the odd 50 year old like pete. who mostly have a disposable income and can afford/look forward and most importantly enjoy this kind of gig....
.....providing they don't have to stay in to wash their hair.... :wink: :lol: :lol:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
Pete

Post by Pete »

dtkdemongene wrote:
Sour Mash wrote:plus the odd 50 year old like pete. who mostly have a disposable income and can afford/look forward and most importantly enjoy this kind of gig....
.....providing they don't have to stay in to wash their hair.... :wink: :lol: :lol:
You funny. you funny man. :roll:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
dtkdemongene

Post by dtkdemongene »

I know.... :lol:

I'm here all week, some tickets in the stalls still available...
I'm also available for bar mitzvahs, weddings, corporate events etc... :wink: :lol:
niteworker
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by niteworker »

I also saw journey for the 1st time last year at arrow rock fest in holland,and i thought they were great.i`m glad download is putting a whole mix of rock bands on the bill.not all of us 35s plus like the new bands,but like the older bands.so lets all have a good time at download and have fun... :D :D

p.s. pete wont go 3 days without washing his hair........ :shock:
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

That new layout is worse than last year - The main arena is now in the fields they usually use for a car park!

Don't tell Spooky the campsite are even further away!! :shock:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Can't be as bad as last year can it? If it is they need to put out a warning that the main campsite is not suitable for disabled ticket holders.

I like Journey, but there's still not enough there to tempt me to pay that price.

I suspect the only thing that would make me change my mind is KISS.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes