Kissin' UK Wants YOU

Talk about anything KISS related here.
Pete

Kissin' UK Wants YOU

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Folks. We need your help.

As I’m sure you are all aware the forum has had taken a battering over the last twelve months and could do with a few tweaks here and there for restore it to it’s former glory (and we’re all for the glory, right?) :wink: .

So…we’re asking you what you want from the forum. You wanted more moderators, well you got them.

What else do you want? Please PM Admin or any of the moderators with your ideas, suggestions likes and dislikes so we can discuss them and make the forum the best place for UK (and the worldwide Kiss Army) fans to discuss the hottest band in the land… Image

So remember, don’t be afraid to Shout It Out Loud.

You Wanted The Best, We’ll Give You The Best…
Pete
Image *-) $-) ACE-) 3-) Image

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Re: Kissin' UK Wants YOU

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Nice work. I personally think that the annonimity is the biggest problem. I for one hate it. If you're not prepared to put your name to your statements, claims and slanging matches then you shouldn't post. We could all HIDE behind Pseudonyms but it all becomes meaningless.

How about an identity amnesty??

We all reveal our real names etc....who we are and where we're from, how long a fan, what the band means to us (briefly)I'll start, my kissinuk forum name is nicksmithworld and my real name is...(wait for it) ... Nick Smith. there I feel better now, that's a weight off my mind.

The point is, people wouldn't be so cocky in provoking arguments of they had to stand up to the same people in the real world.
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby dtkdemongene » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:15 pm

nicksmithworld wrote:How about an identity amnesty??

We all reveal our real names etc....who we are and where we're from, how long a fan, what the band means to us (briefly)I'll start, my kissinuk forum name is nicksmithworld and my real name is...(wait for it) ... Nick Smith. there I feel better now, that's a weight off my mind.

And I'm dtkdemongene which means that I play the 'demon' called 'gene' in 'dtk'. Betcha never worked that out ;)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 pm

nicksmithworld wrote:Nice work. I personally think that the annonimity is the biggest problem. I for one hate it. If you're not prepared to put your name to your statements, claims and slanging matches then you shouldn't post. We could all HIDE behind Pseudonyms but it all becomes meaningless.

How about an identity amnesty??

The point is, people wouldn't be so cocky in provoking arguments of they had to stand up to the same people in the real world.

Pete (who is Pete!!) is no longer hidden. :wink:
Pete

nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 pm

but neither of you have revealed your name and surname and where you reside :roll: my point exactly Doh!! :shock: :?
feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!

Kev

Postby Kev » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 pm

nicksmithworld wrote:but neither of you have revealed your name and surname and where you reside :roll: my point exactly Doh!! :shock: :?

kev,N-U-L :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)

dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Postby dtkdemongene » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:48 pm

nicksmithworld wrote:but neither of you have revealed your name and surname and where you reside :roll: my point exactly Doh!! :shock: :?

Gary, Surrey...
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Pete, Macc.
Pete

Karl
Gene Simmons (1978)

Postby Karl » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:08 pm

I think that is a bad idea Nick, what with identity theft nowadays. The more detail you give, the more info you feed the criminal element.
None of the threads in these forums are restricted to "Members Only", and are easily viewed whilst not logged in.

I'm quite happy for people to know my name is Karl, and I live in Jersey, but I draw a line on anything else.
Official Kiss Army member #1960

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Karl wrote:

I think that is a bad idea Nick, what with identity theft nowadays. The more detail you give, the more info you feed the criminal element.
None of the threads in these forums are restricted to "Members Only", and are easily viewed whilst not logged in.

I'm quite happy for people to know my name is Karl, and I live in Jersey, but I draw a line on anything else.

Would agree with Karl here. happy to provide limited details. Not much else.Nice idea Nick, shame the world is so messed up. :(
So what else do you all want from the forum?

This is your forum and here's your chance to speak out. PM us. We promise to take all suggestions seriously and everything will be kept private.

Thanks guys, now as the great man *-) says... LEMME HEAR YA!!
Pete

Kev

Postby Kev » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Karl wrote:None of the threads in these forums are restricted to "Members Only", and are easily viewed whilst not logged in.

Mmmmm now would people be happy if posible to hide the forum from none members :D
i would... :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)

daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby daniel3786 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:48 pm

I don't get how putting your full name and where you reside will help anyone, what does that mean, your gonna trace where people live and beat them up? :?

Forums should be anonymous for the most part and only if you know other members personally it is fine to be on first/last name terms, I for one would not be happy giving my full name and location out to total strangers.
Last edited by daniel3786 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm

daniel3786 wrote:

I don't get how putting your full name and where you reside will help anyone, what does that mean, your gonna trace where people live and beat them up? :wink: :?

You never know with the internet.

Anyway. What would you like to see Daniel?
Pete

daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Postby daniel3786 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Pete wrote:You never know with the internet.

Anyway. What would you like to see Daniel?

For me personally I think it is good to have more moderators on the forum like what has recently happened, like yourself who can sort out issues quicker than maybe having less moderators in the past could have done.

For me I think all new members should have a 1 month probation period, although that sounds a little silly and might be hard to moderate, I think that would cut a lot of the members off who sign up for other motives.

Kev

Postby Kev » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:01 pm

daniel3786 wrote:

I don't get how putting your full name and where you reside will help anyone, what does that mean, your gonna trace where people live and beat them up? :?

Forums should be anonymous for the most part and only if you know other members personally it is fine to be on first/last name terms, I for one would not be happy giving my full name and location out to total strangers.

DANIEL-MANCHESTER..thats enough info i think owd lad :D
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General KISS Chat”