THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Kev

Re: THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!

Post by Kev »

Father Jack wrote:Get in !!
You can't beat a bit of Quo. Can you Plug ?
:D
Yes, very ,very easy. :D
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

Can't find it on Youtube - But Sabaton have covered "In the Army Now" and offered it as a bonus track on one of its editions of Carolus Rex (great album)
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/musi ... uo-biopic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The original members of Status Quo will reunite after 25 years to celebrate the cinema release of the fly-on-the-wall documentary Hello Quo.

Hello Quo hits movie theatres across the UK for a special one-night-only screening on October 22. On that date the original band members will reunite for a simultaneous UK film premiere in London’s Leicester Square with an exclusive Q&A with the band.

Hello Quo tells the story of Status Quo’s 50 years in the business, fully supported by the band and featuring input from a host of the biggest names in rock – including Brian May of Queen, Thin Lizzy, Buzzcocks, Slade, Paul Weller and Midge Ure.

Hello Quo collects hours of previously unseen footage and classic live material with full exclusive access to all band members.

Director Alan G. Parker (Monty Python: Almost The Truth; Who Killed Nancy) said: “I’m the last director in the world to look like I was right for this project but then the same could be said of Monty Python and I love what we’ve done. I believe we’ve made a film that’s as good as the group.”

We’ve got an exclusive clip for you to watch. It tells the tale of Quo’s first big hit, the “trippy and mysterious” Pictures Of Matchstick Men.

Quo’s Francis Rossi admits: “I didn’t even know what psychedelic meant.” And Rick Parfitt adds: “The title was perfect for the time. Far out!” Watch the clip below.

Hello Quo will be available in DVD, Blu-ray and Collectors’ Edition DVD formats from October 29
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVaXimQV ... r_embedded[/youtube]
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Will be having some of this.
We'll be encamped at the cinema at this rate, the Queen live in Budapest movie is playing nationwide on 20th of this month. Can't wait !!
Anyone notice their version of the Bee Gees hit Spicks & Specks half way through this clip ? :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... hello-quo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rick Parfitt says Status Quo documentary Hello Quo tells the truth about why the classic lineup split up.
And although he and Francis Rossi have always tried to be fully honest with fans, the movie is the first chance they’ve had to “tell it like it is.”

Drummer John Coghlan had been with Quo for 19 years when he left in 1981, while bassist Alan Lancaster notched up a further four years’ service before his own departure. Despite years of acrimony the four regrouped and jammed in a studio for film director Alan G Parker.

Rossi tells Red Carpet TV: “It’s a great insight for fans who’ve never quite understood why the split occurred.

“We’ve got down to the grass roots and told the truth. We never had the chance to express it the way we do in this movie – it’s all very well to read things, but to see things actually happening is quite something.”

Agent Neil Warnock agrees. He explains: “There’s some nasty moments. Some of the stuff we said was to the point, and that’s the way the band wanted it.

“It’s like a gang who joined together when they were young – there’s factions and frictions, but in the end they’re still that gang.”

Francis Rossi describes the moment all four started playing as “like putting on an old pair of shoes or gloves.” He continues: “I was amazed they still fitted – I thought it was going to be a lot rustier than it was. It was quite fun.”

But asked what fans might take from Hello Quo, Rossi says: “I don’t know. It’s very tricky for us – imagine your life on film since you were about 15 or 16. If you want to share it with everybody it’s kind of weird.

“As long as the fans like it and take something from it, it’s a good documentary. If not, we’re in trouble.”

Coghlan says his best memories of the band were live shows. “Playing at the Albert Hall, Wembley stadium and a football stadium with Elton John,” he lists. “And the Glasgow Apollo – unfortunately they pulled it down, which was a shame.”

He believes Status Quo’s longevity is down to “good songwriting,” adding: “When you go to a concert it’s like a big party. It’s good music and that’s the essence.”

Warnock says: “They’re great entertainers. They know how to entertain, they give the crowd what they want, they enjoy what they’re doing and the enjoyment comes across.”

Hello Quo is released on DVD and blu-ray on October 29.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

And as stated before....I'll be having some of this !!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Got this email Saturday morning..
We are delighted to announce that Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan, the original band line-up, are reforming for a one-off, never to be repeated series of UK dates in March 2013.

Status Quo manager Simon Porter said, “People have wanted this announcement to be made for years, and here it is. This is a real moment in the chequered history of Status Quo and it comes after almost 30 years of acrimony, and 10 years of law suits and court battles. Just 2 years ago the thought of the Frantic Four performing again was unthinkable. Now, 50 years on from when Francis and Alan first performed together as schoolboys, it is fitting that everything has come full circle for these unique one-off shows.

More details, including the likely contents of the set, will be announced by the band themselves at the Classic Rock Awards on 13 November 2012.

Full dates:

MARCH 2013
Sunday 10 - Glasgow 02 Academy
Tuesday 12 - Manchester 02 Apollo
Wednesday 13 - Wolverhampton Civic
Friday 15 - London, Hammersmith Apollo
Saturday 16 - London, Hammersmith Apollo

This series of dates truly is a one off – Status Quo are now, and remain, Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, Andy Bown, John ‘Rhino’ Edwards and Matt Letley – so fans need to be sure that they do not miss out.

Stay tuned for more details on statusquo.co.uk

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... d-in-2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status Quo’s classic line-up to tour UK, with Live! set list.
Status Quo’s classic four-man line-up is heading out on tour next March. For the first time in over three decades, vocalist/guitarists Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt, bassist/vocalist Alan Lancaster and drummer John Coghlan will take the stage together to play six UK dates.

This celebrated version of the band – referred to by fans as the Frantic Four – play Glasgow Academy March 10, Manchester Apollo 12, Wolverhampton Civic Hall 13 and London Hammersmith Apollo 15-17.

Tickets are £50/£42.50 for London and £48.50/£38.50 for the other dates, and go on general sale at 9am on Friday, November 16.

The Frantic Four’s revival does not affect the previously announced festive 10-date UK tour from Quo’s current line-up.

Fans have been lobbying for the return of Quo’s former rhythm section since Lancaster – who launched a legal battle against the band after being replaced by John ‘Rhino’ Edwards in the mid 1980s – buried the hatchet with Rossi and Parfitt two years ago.

Rossi, Parfitt, Lancaster and Coghlan, all now in their 60s, were reunited in Alan G Parker’s rockumentary Hello Quo, sharing a group hug before performing a few numbers together at Shepperton Studios.

“Standing in a circle and putting our arms around one another again was just… lovely,” says Parfitt, “let alone plugging in the gear and playing together. After so long apart, that was quite surreal.”

Since this reunion, all four have remained in regular contact – “We talk on Skype all the time,” reveals Rick – and quickly decided to take things forward.

“Now that it’s actually happening, my bum’s starting to twitch,” jokes Rossi. “Everyone expects us to be like we were in the 70s, and that simply cannot be the case.”

Asked why they were getting back together now, Rossi replied: “It’s for many, many reasons, including the fact that we’re talking to Alan Lancaster again. And if we don’t do it now, it might never happen. Come on, we’re old men.”

Despite the tour’s billing, it seems likely that there will be a bit-part role for Andrew Bown, the band’s regular keyboard player from 1976 onwards.

“We couldn’t do Rockin’ All Over The World without the keyboard intro, but Andrew won’t do the whole show because we’re very much aware that people are paying to see the Frantic Four – albeit being not quite so frantic,” Parfitt clarifies.

“This reunion will attract back a lot of our fans from the 70s,” reckons Parfitt. “The ones that lost faith when we stopped doing what we should have been doing and made all those covers albums. The idea is to use the double live album [1977’s Live!, recorded at Glasgow Apollo] as the template for the set. That’s the obvious thing to do.”

The Frantic Four say they won’t be recording anything new before the live dates, although nobody rules out the possibility of a new album should the tour live up to everybody’s expectations. This would result in two different line-ups running concurrently.

* More details about the Frantic Four tour in the upcoming new issue of Classic Rock, out next Wednesday (November 6).
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

We'll be having some of this as well. Probably Manchester for us.
Watched the Hello Quo blu ray last night. Top banana !!!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:We'll be having some of this as well. Probably Manchester for us.
Watched the Hello Quo blu ray last night. Top banana !!!
Yessirreeeebob! Manchester for me too. Hello Quo is on the old Christmas list..
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
fried alive
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by fried alive »

Pete

Post by Pete »

Manchester tickets sorted! :D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

i saw this line up in Carlisle,one of the first gigs i ever went to,Enjoyed it at the time,but the band never stayed with me.but watching them supporting Queen in 86 was great fun,had the whole st James park bopping !!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Thayer 08

Post by Thayer 08 »

Second night at Hammersmith sorted!
Just play the bass you bell-end!!
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Sour Mash wrote:i saw this line up in Carlisle,one of the first gigs i ever went to,Enjoyed it at the time,but the band never stayed with me.but watching them supporting Queen in 86 was great fun,had the whole st James park bopping !!
I bet it was 1979 ??? Proper line up..
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
jaymze
Destroyer (1976)

Post by jaymze »

Glasgow tickets for the first night of the tour sorted!
KISS Wembley Arena 1999
KISS Islington Academy 2010
KISS Dublin O2 Arena 2010
KISS Glasgow SECC 2010