Football season 2012/2013

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Football season 2012/2013

Post by Father Jack »

Anyone seen some of the rubbish being linked to LFC ? Kolo Toure ? Darren Bent ? Ashley Williams ? Do me a favour, we've got enough lower league crap in the squad as it is with Glen Johnson, Stuart Downing & Joe Allen. We don't want any more, Everton can have them !!
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Ashley Williams is a done deal i think m8.
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
starchildmark
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by starchildmark »

Ashley Williams is a good centre half, best of the players linked to Liverpool. The games i have seen him play this year, he looked a good prospect
Pete

Post by Pete »

starchildmark wrote:Ashley Williams is a good centre half, best of the players linked to Liverpool. The games i have seen him play this year, he looked a good prospect
Liverpool shouldn't be signing good prospects. Been there & done that. They should be signing proven quality players if they want to challenge the top four.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Pete, Liverpool are not the once big super club and cannot use the Liverpool name to sign the players of the quality you refer too. Man United, Man City and Chelsea and the 3 most attractive clubs in the premier league at the moment.

And the signing of good hard working players like Williams is the way you are going to get back to the dizzy heights you once had. And I for one look forward to that day, as it makes the Premier league a more open and enjoyable place. Time you took off your red lenses mate
Pete

Post by Pete »

starchildmark wrote:Pete, Liverpool are not the once big super club and cannot use the Liverpool name to sign the players of the quality you refer too. Man United, Man City and Chelsea and the 3 most attractive clubs in the premier league at the moment.

And the signing of good hard working players like Williams is the way you are going to get back to the dizzy heights you once had. And I for one look forward to that day, as it makes the Premier league a more open and enjoyable place. Time you took off your red lenses mate
Like signing Downing, Allen Johnson etc did? If we're not a big super club then how did we sign Suarez/Coutinho without any sign of Champions League football on the horizon? You dismiss the name of Liverpool FC too quickly. Sure we've fallen a little but we're still a big name (although for how long depends on the next few years)...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
starchildmark

Post by starchildmark »

Pete wrote:
starchildmark wrote:Pete, Liverpool are not the once big super club and cannot use the Liverpool name to sign the players of the quality you refer too. Man United, Man City and Chelsea and the 3 most attractive clubs in the premier league at the moment.

Like signing Downing, Allen Johnson etc did? If we're not a big super club then how did we sign Suarez/Coutinho without any sign of Champions League football on the horizon? You dismiss the name of Liverpool FC too quickly. Sure we've fallen a little but we're still a big name (although for how long depends on the next few years)...
Downing,Allen and Johnson are not as good as williams. and Suarez and Coutinho are good signings but i could list an A4 page of players that have gone to other clubs instead of Liverpool. I am not dismissing Liverpool at all, just pointing out you are living in the past.

If Liverpool do well, it can only be good for the health of the premier League, Liverpool have stood still while other clubs have raced past. Club loyalty is one thing, not seeing the wood for the trees is another.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Williams is chamionship material at the very best. Not the sort of player LFC must sign if they want to be anywhere close to being the club they once were. We've got enough shit at the club as Ive ranted endlessly about in previous threads going over many seasons.
Its our best opportunity for years to push forward next season. Utd, Chelski, Everton all with new managers, Spurs will go to pot if they lose bale & Skinner won't part with hardly any of his cash again.
Getting Williams would be a step backward, so is getting that lazy shite, Toure regardless of wether he's on a free. Needless purchases who will not come close to helping the club progress in the slightest.
Im absolutely aghast that we've allowed Eriksen to go to Dortmund for a mere €14.5m. Ok he was probably never going to sign for us but fu*k me, surely its worth having a go by challenging Dortmund with a good healthy bid.
Rogers has stated openly that we're 2 or 3 top quality players away from what he wants, then a few good squad players away from what he'd like to add in back up.
Williams isn't even good enough to be a squad player for LFC & besides, I hear rumblings he's doing the decent thing and going to the Arse.
madmark
Double Platinum (1978)

Post by madmark »

Father Jack wrote:
Pete wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Well thats it chaps. No more fun & frivolity until August....what the fu*k are we going to do ??
Watch the Cricket? :?
Get a grip. Cricket ? pffft !!!!
Kiss gig?????????????????????? Oh wait only if it's within 10 yards of yer house..... :roll:
Ziggy played guitar...or was it Ronson?
tallfruit
Alive II (1977)

Post by tallfruit »

looks like the Kolo Toure deal is done know too. strange signings must be said, big risk for rodgers if they dont work out he could be in trouble,

to be honest i still thing rodgers's whole reputation is based on the work martinez done at swansea
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

The Toure deal is farcicle to say the least. He's utter shit, lazy & will demand a stupid ammount in wages.
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

tallfruit wrote:looks like the Kolo Toure deal is done know too. strange signings must be said, big risk for rodgers if they dont work out he could be in trouble,

to be honest i still thing rodgers's whole reputation is based on the work martinez done at swansea
Agreed.
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

tallfruit wrote: looks like the Kolo Toure deal is done know too. strange signings must be said, big risk for rodgers if they dont work out he could be in trouble,
Doesn't that apply to any manager? Live or die by their signings? There's only two I can think off who can get away with this & one of them has just retired.
tallfruit wrote:to be honest i still thing rodgers's whole reputation is based on the work martinez done at swansea
This the same Rodgers who actually got Swansea promoted at his first attempt & then in their first premier league season finished four places ahead of Wigan who where a seasoned Premier league team?

Does this therefore mean that Laudrup's reputation is more to do with what previous managers did before him too? :?

Whether Rodgers is the man to take LFC forward is still too soon to tell. This coming season should give us a better idea now that three of the teams that finished above us have managerial changes.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Hence stop wasting time bringing more shite to the club.
AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

Pete wrote:
tallfruit wrote: looks like the Kolo Toure deal is done know too. strange signings must be said, big risk for rodgers if they dont work out he could be in trouble,
Doesn't that apply to any manager? Live or die by their signings? There's only two I can think off who can get away with this & one of them has just retired.
tallfruit wrote:to be honest i still thing rodgers's whole reputation is based on the work martinez done at swansea
This the same Rodgers who actually got Swansea promoted at his first attempt & then in their first premier league season finished four places ahead of Wigan who where a seasoned Premier league team?

Does this therefore mean that Laudrup's reputation is more to do with what previous managers did before him too? :?

Whether Rodgers is the man to take LFC forward is still too soon to tell. This coming season should give us a better idea now that three of the teams that finished above us have managerial changes.
Pete showing far more defensive qualities than Kolo ever will :lol: :lol: :roll: