New Mobile Phone...

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: New Mobile Phone...

Post by Pete »

Sony Xperia J (depending on price plan) looks favourite at the moment...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Post by highvoltage1969 »

nicksmithworld wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw[/youtube]
Jesus wept! Is this for real?!!!
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

I hope you get your phone sorted Pete but what a fuc*ing dull read that was.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Pete

Post by Pete »

Frehley75 wrote:I hope you get your phone sorted Pete but what a fuc*ing dull read that was.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It did get tangled in a mess didn't it. I think I know what to go for now!
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

highvoltage1969 wrote:
nicksmithworld wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw[/youtube]
If I had to imagine what the kind of person who would queue like that to buy a new phone would be like it'd be pretty much like that, so I'd say yes, for real, definitely.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

Frehley75 wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
If I had to imagine what the kind of person who would queue like that to buy a new phone would be like it'd be pretty much like that, so I'd say yes, for real, definitely.
How depressing.
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

Samsung S3, don't become an iSheep!
Kev

Post by Kev »

kissinuk wrote:Samsung S3, don't become an iSheep!
Shut up, dont you start.
ImageImageImageImage

(only my opinion,in no way am i insulting you....statement copyright of plugtwot)
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

:roll:
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

kingjames1970 wrote:
So what wrong with an S2 or S3? They're a lot cheaper than iPhone (shop around tho) and a lot less locked down. As for the charger, Samsung have used standard micro USB for years. Yes, you are right about fragmentation, but is does apply to Apple products too, iOS 6 isn't supported on my wife's iPad and older iPhones and there are currently a lot of apps failing to work due to incompatablities between iOS 5&6.

I'm no Apple hater (typing this on an iPad, iPod classic in car, Shuffle in gym bag), but just find that there are better alternatives in the mobile market now. The iPhone 5 release gave nothing new to the market, bigger screen, better camera, yawn. Im also getting sick of the ridiculous patent wars that Apple have started, it's starting to hold back innovation. How the fu*k can you patent moving your finger across a screen?? :roll:
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

Oh, and as I find every day at work (and here), iPhone users are easily upset :wink: Seriously, the conversations at work are worse than playground Spectrum/Commodore wars from the 80's! :razz:

We have to test our mobile site on several devices at work, so I do get to play with new phones as they are released. Some of the new Windows phones are nice, just no where near popular enough yet to worry about.
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

kissinuk wrote:
kingjames1970 wrote:
So what wrong with an S3? They are significantly cheaper than iPhones and a lot less locked down. As for the charger, Samsung have used standard micro USB for years.

I'm no Apple hater (typing this on an iPad), but just find that there are better alternatives in the mobile market now. The iPhone 5 release gave nothing new to the market, bigger screen, better camera, yawn. Im also getting sick of the ridiculous patent wars that Apple have started, it's holding back innovation.
The rolling eyes were for the iSheep comment, it's so insulting.

You know Apple offered Samsung a licensing deal but Samsung turned them down and just decided to go ahead and steal? If we believe copyright to be important for song writers etc surely the same must be true for everybody?

I'm not defending Apple or my choice of phone but I'm particularly well read in this area and there is so much misinformation out there that it annoys me that otherwise intelligent people get suckered into believing it. It's the almost inevitable media backlash against against anybody who gets too successful or popular.

A lot of phones have now got a hell of a lot better in the last couple of years so the iPhone isn't the only game in town anymore. But, most of the tech press believes the iPhone is still the best - screen, UI, battery life, build quality (design, weight, how thin it is), camera, security, App Store.

It all boils down to personal choice and circumstances. Nobody should belittle somebody else's choices. I've never slagged off anybody for buying Android. Besides, is being a sheep not about following the crowd? As Android now has the majority of market share...

(Before anybody complains about this being boring, I don't comment on the football threads!)
highvoltage1969
The Originals II (1978)

[quote="kissinuk"]Oh, and as I find every day at work (and here), iPhone users are easily upset :wink: Seriously, the conversations at work are worse than playground Spectrum/Commodore wars from the 80's! :razz:

Obviously it's the Spectrum! :wink:
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

kingjames1970 wrote: The rolling eyes were for the iSheep comment, it's so insulting.
The iSheep comment was tounge in cheek, simply because I see how touchy both iPhone and Android users are day in and day out, point proven.... I too am well read in this area, as a tech architect I have to decide what phones we will support for our mobile banking, all I can say right now is we are running at 50:50 split between the 2 platforms with Windows phone coming a poor 4th (DOS phone if you want to upset them).
kissinuk
Administrator

Post by kissinuk »

highvoltage1969 wrote:
kissinuk wrote:Oh, and as I find every day at work (and here), iPhone users are easily upset :wink: Seriously, the conversations at work are worse than playground Spectrum/Commodore wars from the 80's! :razz:

Obviously it's the Spectrum! :wink:
Lol, agreed! Sorry Pete, we haven't helped much have we?