Pink
38%
Other
31%

Total votes: 13

Pete

The Queen of Pop Rock?

Post by Pete »

Got my iPod on shuffle and Avril & P!nk keep coming on. Now I know it's not Kiss but they both do pretty good Pop Rock... so here is my question...Is this young lady the current Queen of Pop Rock?

Or is it this young lady?

I dunno. What do all reckon...?

(I much prefer these two to Girls Aloud too!)
Last edited by Pete on Tue May 22, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

i think they are cack, pink just looks like a cheap hooker and avril is bullshit girly anger pop...i never said i liked girls aloud,jus that the ginger would get it ;)
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

No idea..... but I like the position Avril is assuming in that pic.... ;)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
Pete

Post by Pete »

ric k iss wrote:i think they are cack, pink just looks like a cheap hooker and avril is bullshit girly anger pop...i never said i liked girls aloud,jus that the ginger would get it ;)
Yeah but I'm on about the music first...if it ain't your cuppa fair enough.

I guess I'm just bored & got other stuff on my mind.... ;)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
ric k iss
The Originals II (1978)

Post by ric k iss »

i know what you mean pete, it's not my thing to listen to but at least the 2 of them have a bit of a rock backing and a bit of a guitar solo in the song now and again...also i think paul stanley's guitarist plays with avril at the moment??
kissmandave
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by kissmandave »

Pete wrote:
ric k iss wrote:i think they are cack, pink just looks like a cheap hooker and avril is bullshit girly anger pop...i never said i liked girls aloud,jus that the ginger would get it ;)
Yeah but I'm on about the music first...if it ain't your cuppa fair enough.

I guess I'm just bored & got other stuff on my mind.... ;)
Me too son!
Pink is a definite no no for me. Same opinion as above, having said that Avril has produced a couple of good rock tunes. Doesn't mean she is the Queen of Pop Rock though.
Hard to say who that would be, either in the past or present. I always had a wee thing going for the girls in THE BANGLES but you could hardly call them rock chicks either. Maybe it was just the looks eh!!!!! :lol:

I am the legalised scourge and pillar of society we all love...............PERFECT
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Pop rock..... what exactly is that? :? :?

If we're talking 'rock' females I would say my fave at the moment is 'Sharon den Adel' of 'Within Temptation'.... 8)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

I for one cant stick that pink :x no way
but Avril on the other hand :lol:
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

There's nowt wrong with Pink. Some very good tunes have been produced for that young lady. Avril would just get it... many times. I'd have to play her tunes as Im degrading her just to remind her how shit they really are though :lol: :lol:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Not that I wouldn't molest Pink too. Purrrrr !!!!
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

I've enjoyed bits and bobs of both of these young ladies albums. If I was a 14 year old learner rocker, I'm certain I'dve been into them back then.

Back in my day it was Lee Aaron!

The funny thing is, until I just Googled her for a picture sample, I never knew that her name was actually the name of the band she was in, 'Lee Aaron'. Her real name is Karen Greening or something.

And what made me feel a little better delving into those dusty 80s vaults was the fact that Lil' Lee has yet to turn 40.

Still tidy milf though. :P
Dwight Fry
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by Dwight Fry »

I've enjoyed bits and bobs of both of these young ladies albums. If I was a 14 year old learner rocker, I'm certain I'dve been into them back then.

The funny thing is, until I just Googled her for a picture sample, I never knew that her name was actually the name of the band she was in, 'Lee Aaron'. Her real name is Karen Greening or something.

And what made me feel a little better delving into those dusty 80s vaults was the fact that Lil' Lee has yet to turn 40.

raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He said "milf"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Avril buys her outfits at the mall and Wal-Mart when she's not busy inventing Punk Rock.
The quality goes in before the name goes on.
The Dant
Love Gun (1977)

Post by The Dant »

I find Pink curiously attractive despite myself. U and Ur Hand was HIDEOUSLY overplayed by radio stations, but it's a perfectly good song and at least she doesn't sink down the crass vocal gymnastics levels of Mariah, Whitney, JoJo, Celine et al. She'll do for me!!

Avril? Good first album - diminishing returns since then for me. She's married to the Sum 41 singer now isn't she?

Ian
3-)
(Pete in DTK)
http://www.iandanter.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are now the knights who say...ekky ekky ekky f'tang woop longerlmmmmmmmn...........ni
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dwight Fry wrote:I've enjoyed bits and bobs of both of these young ladies albums. If I was a 14 year old learner rocker, I'm certain I'dve been into them back then.

Aah Lee Aaron. Never heard a thing she did. Just had posters of her on my wall during my teenage years.....memories.... :D ;)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)