Detroit. Rock City.

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Detroit. Rock City.

Post by raydeen »

The quality goes in before the name goes on.
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Re: Detroit. Rock City.

Post by grunge »

My kinda town! :?

I'll pass this on to Nicole, she was feeling homesick this week! :neutral:
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

Why not buy a house in Detroit? It's certainly a buyer's market. Impress other KISS fans! Confound your enemies!
http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=3598
twix
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by twix »

you could start a B&B :D
Lets Party... http://www.supamodel.co.uk

YOU CANT GET HOTTER THEN YOUR UNCLE ROTTER
http://www.unclerotter.com
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Thats not Detroit, its fecking Grimsby !!! :lol:
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Father Jack wrote:Thats not Detroit, its fecking Grimsby !!! :lol:

Got to say though I commend the workers at the oil refinary in Grimsby for standing up and saying about all the foreign workers in the country being favoured over them for the jobs.
Im really suprised the Police havent had riots on there hands all over the country similar to what happened with the miners strike due to the imigration problem.
Mind you to be honest most works unions are a bunch of pansys when it comes to stuff like this now. :roll:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Ive got a lot of mates of Lindsay Oil Refinery & also Conoco Phillips and they are all braving the cold weather to make their feelings known.
Whilst it would seem to the politically correct brigade that this stance is out of order I completely support these guys for what they are doing. There are enough skilled workers in this area to fill ALL those jobs... me included as I served my time on Conoco... and to hammer the point home, both refineries were built by British labour. Why we need Italians to do these jobs is beyond me. Fine, if they are used to top up an existing workforce that's not a problem, But to bring them in before our skilled workers are offered anything is totally wrong. :mad: :mad:
Thank you Gordon Brown, you fuc*ing liar !!!!!
And by the way, I lost out on the position I applied for (and was interviewed twice for) to allow one of these said 'skilled' foreign workers in.
Maybe I wasn't good enough... I'll never know, but it makes me seethe to think that Im here struggling to find work whilst Johnny Turncoat Iti can just breeze in no questions.
fuc*ing government EU cock suckers !!! :mad:

End of rant. Nanu, nanu !! :D
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Father Jack wrote:Ive got a lot of mates of Lindsay Oil Refinery & also Conoco Phillips and they are all braving the cold weather to make their feelings known.
Whilst it would seem to the politically correct brigade that this stance is out of order I completely support these guys for what they are doing. There are enough skilled workers in this area to fill ALL those jobs... me included as I served my time on Conoco... and to hammer the point home, both refineries were built by British labour. Why we need Italians to do these jobs is beyond me. Fine, if they are used to top up an existing workforce that's not a problem, But to bring them in before our skilled workers are offered anything is totally wrong. :mad: :mad:
And by the way, I lost out on the position I applied for (and was interviewed twice for) to allow one of these said 'skilled' foreign workers in.
Maybe I wasn't good enough... I'll never know, but it makes me seethe to think that Im here struggling to find work whilst Johnny Turncoat Iti can just breeze in no questions.

Here,here well said! :wink: :)
Deuce
The Originals II (1978)

Post by Deuce »

Downy wrote:
Father Jack wrote:Ive got a lot of mates of Lindsay Oil Refinery & also Conoco Phillips and they are all braving the cold weather to make their feelings known.

Here,here well said! :wink: :)

Food for thought there.

I heard what the head of HR said about the tendering process, and it seems they have a policy , made up of a certain set of guidlines. The cheapest is not always chosen, and the winning company in this case were not the cheapest.

They had (if I remember right) 7 bids (Tenders), 5 from UK companies, 2 from the EU, and again if memory serves, the winning firm said it would be completed in the shortest time.

Dangly Things Of The Spherical Type !!!

This is the result of Institutional racsim, in the EU.

No mater what Britian tries to do, we are handcuffed to a set of rules that 'I', didn't agree to, and if more people understood the rule, that Britian is the soft touch in this European Union then we might just see this sad affair in a different light. I fully support the action being taken btw.

We have to give in to the demands of the EU. Get used to it.

The above statement in italics, reminds me very much of a certain German government of the 30's and 40's...... allegedly ( :wink: )

We all know what happened there, by a determined Britian.

British Jobs for British People, thats what we were told,

Dangly Things Of The Spherical Type !!!

It's time to stand again against the European threat, we cannot be forced or coherst into something that has a detrimental effect on the great British worker and their families. And I would not be surprised if other European Union countries workers don't follow suit soon enough (cue the French), as the economic climate starts to bite home.

This post is not intended to insult or offend, and is just a personal opinion that was made by my own free will, thats if I still have one in these days of European Union. :?:

/RANT

Deuce
:( :( :( :(

ps I would appreciate Martins view on this............ Martin?
:wink:
Steve

---------------------------------------------

Stand by my side, I'll be there for you......

Get up! and get your Grandma outta here
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

Without sounding like a hypocrite, I support the workers & I've been a trade union member for over 20 years now. Over that time I've seen the union becoming less and less affective. Sometimes, protests are the only way to have collective voices heard.

But, on the foreign workers issue, I'm in a very awkward position to comment as Nicole is now working. She is, however, fully 'visa'd' up and fully entitled to seek employment (it fooking cost enough for her to be able to live here!) and went through the interview and training program just like everyone else that applied.

What I can't understand is foreign companies setting up business in the UK (which can't be that cheap land-price & tax wise) then not utilising the local workforce? That's just lost on me :neutral:

The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

I too have been a trade union member for 26 years, and was ther egional rep for a few years. Our union has merged at least 4 times during this time and despite its size it is bloody useless.

I never really believed in the strikes of the 70's and 80's however its good to see people standing up now for what has to be right in this instance and challanging authority.

I have a nast y feeling that there will be scenes like we had in the early 80's across the world with riots breaking out as everyone gets frustrated and starts a backlash against the governement and everything else that is going wrong. Its already started across the English Channel this week.
raydeen
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by raydeen »

Even tots must fight to survive in Murder City.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 381/&imw=Y
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Post by grunge »

:evil:

skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

It might surprise some of you to know that I was a Union member as a Civil Servant. I joined after realising the exceptional job they did in looking after some of the guys who worked for me when I was involved in a relocation from Harrogate to Wyton. I always said that I would bever, ever, ever strike over money. This strike was nothing to do with money.

First things first. Gordon Brown was a complete idiot to use the phrase "British jobs for British workers" whne he knew what the EU rules were.

Secondly, whilst some migrants do provide jobs that others won't take up (very, very true in rural areas), this was about a contract. One of the dangers is that these contracts can - because the money goes to the Company that employs the foreign workers not direct to the workers themselves - pay salaries that are lower than our minimum wage - it puts British bidders at a diadvantage. I believe we do have control of that and can make it a condition of any contract awarded to any company that they will pay the minimum wage. The Company have said this wasn't the case here - but I would love someone to examine the detail, because it is hard to see how they could offer a competitive advantage without cutting wages.

If we don't change the law, we are going to find the next time the EU expands, contracts are going to be awarded in Eastern European Countries to legalise something that has been happening for years illegally - and which we have started to make inroads - that is slavewages being paid to overseas workers.

I am never comfortable with strike action, but it is hard not to have sympathy with this.

The EU has (once again) a lot to answer for - as has our Government.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Lol. Was he old? Was he a dad?

Lol... "pop-sickle" :lol: