Stupidest 999 Calls

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Stupidest 999 Calls

Post by Pete »

As today is 09/09/09 ... http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090908/tuk ... dbed5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police are urging the public not to dial 999 unless it is a genuine emergency and have released audio of several callers who have tied up phone lines unnecessarily

The appeal is part of 999 Day - the ninth day of the ninth month in 2009 - to remind people that making non-emergency calls puts lives at risk.

To emphasise their plea, police have issued audio extracts from such inappropriate calls.

In one, a man in a betting shop has rung 999 because staff will not pay him his winnings.

"The woman there is being funny with me - I think it's because I'm a Scouser," he tells the the call handler.

"They say they won't pay me because I look under 18. I look 25 - I look older than 25 - and I'm 21."

One woman calls the emergency number because a car is blocking a road, adding: "It's in the middle of the road and there's no way to get round it."

Another gentleman asks to be put through to a local station because he has left his coat on a bus, while another woman tells the operator she has "no credit on her phone".

Greater Manchester Police also want to stress the importance of providing 999 handlers with as much information as possible when it is a real emergency.

Those at the other end of the line have to establish what has happened in a split second - and calls are more often than not taken in stressful moments.

These details help to provide the best response to the emergency.

In a scenario where someone is having a heart attack, the 999 operator can help a caller administer chest compressions until an ambulance arrives - giving the victim a greater chance of survival.

In a non-emergency Greater Manchester Police asks people to ring 0161 872 5050. The Met Police requests the public call 0300 123 1212 in non-emergency situations

(10)
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Re: Stupidest 999 Calls

Post by Mr.Spireite »

The problem is here that if you need help from the police but know it's NOT an emergency, what number do you ring ?

For example the other week I saw the local scumbag unloading a white van full of gardening equipment and the stuff that would be kept in sheds with his army of young thieves. What should I have done, rang 999 imediately to let them know or wait untill I was home which would have been another 30mins and then rang the local station to find that no one was there and then been diverted to the main station 10 miles away.

There should be another number , for example 888 which is for non emergencies linked to the local station for this kind of thing or is that rocket science.

By the way, which do you think I did for the above and what should I have done ?
beingpaulstanley
Alive II (1977)

Post by beingpaulstanley »

U should have shot the thieving c**t.

*-)
DRESSED TO KILL : http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.youtube.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.facebook.com/kisstributeuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/beingpaulstanley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Ever wanted to be someone else?
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

beingpaulstanley wrote:U should have shot the thieving cu*ts.

*-)
That would have been an option but as I have seen him chase people down our street in his van and then had them with a metal bar it perhaps wouldn't be wise especially as I believe he is like fagan with all kids nicking for him. I think he may be a gypo living in council acomodation as he has a horse and trap he rides around the streets in on a sunday.

He will get his cumupence one day, nearly had him once in a spate of road rage when he started giving me the finger at a jucntion because he blocked my view after i showed my annoyance by waving a thank you at him in sarcasm. He got out of his tarmac van, yes another gypo stereotype but if the cap fits and it's true. I then preceded to get out of my car and my 6'"3" built like a brick shithouse frame scared him off. This was about 4 years ago and he still tries to snarl at me when he sees me and I always just shake my head and just laugh.

What these people forget is that they may think that they are some hard cases but there's always someone that little bit cleverer than them who perhaps know even nastier people.

I meen for example I was once beaten up by a pro heavyweight boxer for the simple reason of not asking him and his mate to play football for our team anymore because players were dropping out because of their attitude. Lets just say I was asked by the proprieter of the venue if he wanted me to sort him out for me. Lets just say his boxing career was over because he had a drug raid on his house the next day which also he worked part time as a bouncer he was sacked from that job and then spent time in jail. He also came to an unfortunate accident involving a couple of nastier individuals.
kingjames1970
The Originals II (1978)

Post by kingjames1970 »

Mr.Spireite wrote:
beingpaulstanley wrote:U should have shot the thieving cu*ts.

*-)
That would have been an option but as I have seen him chase people down our street in his van and then had them with a metal bar it perhaps wouldn't be wise especially as I believe he is like fagan with all kids nicking for him. I think he may be a gypo living in council acomodation as he has a horse and trap he rides around the streets in on a sunday.

He will get his cumupence one day, nearly had him once in a spate of road rage when he started giving me the finger at a jucntion because he blocked my view after i showed my annoyance by waving a thank you at him in sarcasm. He got out of his tarmac van, yes another gypo stereotype but if the cap fits and it's true. I then preceded to get out of my car and my 6'"3" built like a brick shithouse frame scared him off. This was about 4 years ago and he still tries to snarl at me when he sees me and I always just shake my head and just laugh.

What these people forget is that they may think that they are some hard cases but there's always someone that little bit cleverer than them who perhaps know even nastier people.

I meen for example I was once beaten up by a pro heavyweight boxer for the simple reason of not asking him and his mate to play football for our team anymore because players were dropping out because of their attitude. Lets just say I was asked by the proprieter of the venue if he wanted me to sort him out for me. Lets just say his boxing career was over because he had a drug raid on his house the next day which also he worked part time as a bouncer he was sacked from that job and then spent time in jail. He also came to an unfortunate accident involving a couple of nastier individuals.
I'm not messing with you mate!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

I am no psycho, just can handle myself that's all.

I hardly drink at all which normally puts you a couple of steps above idiots.
skinnymartin

Post by skinnymartin »

There was a move to use 112 as a number to be put through to your nearest police exchange - don't know what happened to it.
Martin Curtis BA (Hons) ELL (Open)
(status accurate from 3 August 2010)

A world without heroes
Is like a world without sun
You can't look up to anyone
Without heroes
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

skinnymartin wrote:There was a move to use 112 as a number to be put through to your nearest police exchange - don't know what happened to it.
Probably nothing, it could be done nearly overnight.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Its quite easily sorted out. Slit their throats, problem solved !!

No one, unless they are direct mafia connected are worth flapping about. Just batter the first one and make his scumbag mates think your a mentalist by slicing bits of his body up in front of them.
Just watch how your neighbourhood returns to normal.
Think Im joking ???
A gang of tw*t were beginning to make a nusiance around my mother's street.... (mainly old people live there)... anyhoo they thought it great fun to take gates off and throw them through car windows.... yeah, nice.
So I phoned the filth and they wouldn't do anything. I did warn them that if they failed to show within 10 mins the residence would make a 'citizens arrest'... still same answer, sorry we can't spare a unit.
So I shot the fuc*ers in the legs with my mini crossbow. Problem instantly solved.... they never came back !!!
Plus, my mate's wife worked on triage at the hospital at the time and she kept them all there for hours.
Good girl

:D :D
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Father Jack wrote:Its quite easily sorted out. Slit their throats, problem solved !!
So I shot the fuc*ers in the legs with my mini crossbow. Problem instantly solved.... they never came back !!!
Plus, my mate's wife worked on triage at the hospital at the time and she kept them all there for hours.
Good girl
:D :D
Is it just me or is this actually believable or is it more

Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

I didn't use the proper crossbow bolts....bloody hell, they would have taken their legs off, lol.
I made up a load of my own 'bolts' from pencils with sellotape around the eraser end (not at the time the chavs were in the street obviously).
When they're blunt its like being stung by a wasp but when the ends are sharpened they really DO hurt !!! You'll end up needing a stitch or two and it feels like being given a dead leg which lasts about a week. Nice !! :D
The Hendon Kiss Army
Ace Frehley (1978)

Post by The Hendon Kiss Army »

Nice one Fr J and Mr Spirite.

Not often I lose my cool but agree sometime you do have t make a stand.