The X Factor thread

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Re: The X Factor thread

Post by daniel3786 »

dtkdemongene wrote: To return you to your first post.....

You called them overated with crap songs. You said the Greatest Hits had 80% dreary & dated 80's ballads. You called 'Don't Stop Believin' an awfully bad song which they had the inability to follow up.
I did.
dtkdemongene wrote:Through this thread I've pointed out to you how you were factually wrong with these statements. You now say there was a wide-spread of songs from the 70s & 80's (contrary to your first post) yet you obviously have no experience of the 'real' Journey - the band of deep album cuts played live in 3 hour shows.... and a band widely acknowledged as the originators/masters of an entire genre (AOR).
I don't see how facts/trivia come into the dislike of a song or band, you either like them or you don't. I appreciate their contribution musically to the genre as well as their recorded output, but the band is not for me and I tried to say that in my first post, but it was early in the morning I still was excited about getting Kiss tickets so I could have got a little misunderstood.
dtkdemongene wrote:I'm sad to say that it appears the only purpose that your purchase of their 'Greatest Hits' did was to confuse you as to when the songs came out and the legacy of their back catalogue.
It gave me enough to decide I thought they weren't as good as others in the genre for the amount of publicity and acclaim they get.
dtkdemongene wrote:I'm not sure how you became side-tracked when I was addressing each point you made? :?

I was wasting my time explaining each point because you would have shot it down.
dtkdemongene wrote:If you think I come across as some sort of authority figure then that's fine if it's because I argue my points well....
Correct.
dtkdemongene wrote:I'm sure you know what you're talking about on certain subjects, but this is one best left alone methinks.... :wink:
I agree.
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

daniel3786 wrote:
dtkdemongene wrote:I'm sure you know what you're talking about on certain subjects, but this is one best left alone methinks.... :wink:
I agree.
Excellent! Shall we get a beer?! :razz: :razz: :wink: :lol:
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

dtkdemongene wrote:
daniel3786 wrote:
I agree.
Excellent! Shall we get a beer?! :razz: :razz: :wink: :lol:
Just what the Dr. ordered! :razz:
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Oi !!! :mad:
No one is getting beer without getting me one as well.
Right, now get the beer in !!! :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... believing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There’s a growing attempt to prevent any X Factor version of Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing from topping the UK charts.

With the appalling prospect of the X Factor horrors hijacking the Journey classic, a Facebook group has been set up, with the aim of getting everyone to buy the original version after December 14.

Here’s what group founder James ‘Hilly’ Hill says:

“So I basically just found out that the X Factor will be using one of my favourite songs of all time, Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing, to give to the winner as there Xmas single.

“They ruined Jeff Buckley/Leonard Cohen’s song last year [Hallelujah] and they plan on murdering this epic Journey song as well.

“We need to make sure that everyone who is buying the song does so from December 14th. There are numerous sites to purchase the song from so I will be listing these on the site soon.

“It is up to everyone who has any taste in music to boycott the X Factor version and purchase the original song to try and make it to Xmas Number One.

“We need to spread the word and we need to do it fast.

“If enough people join this group, and everyone who joins this group purchased the song (via iTunes, etc.) then I believe we can give Simon Cowell a run for his money this year.

“We have already had support from the head of Digital Marketing at Sony Music Group, we need to try and get endorsement from a DJ/celebrity of some sort if we can.

“In much the same way that people purchased Hallelujah last year, I intend on getting enough members in the group to make an impact in the charts. I would love to get the original to Number One ahead of the X Factor winner, it’s going to be tough, but I believe we can do it.

“In the meantime, spread the word!”

Sounds like a worthy cause to us. You may join this group here.

Rather the original was number one that the X-Factors attempt at it...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Daniel is already at HMV ordering 6,000 copies for himself.
:wink: :D
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Father Jack wrote:Daniel is already at HMV ordering 6,000 copies for himself.
:wink: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and the Journey box set while I am at it. :wink: :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

How to make the X-factor more entertaining to you and I...

*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

If Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi were the judges it would be fantastic.

Two of the most sarcastic and funny guys, it would be quality.
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

daniel3786 wrote:If Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi were the judges it would be fantastic.
Sorry, they know far too much about the music business & music in general to be a part of that abortion of a show. :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Father Jack wrote:
daniel3786 wrote:If Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi were the judges it would be fantastic.
Sorry, they know far too much about the music business & music in general to be a part of that abortion of a show. :lol:
Not true. They only discovered the 4th Chord less than 5 years ago! :lol: :lol: :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

Thats 4 more chords than anyone else connected to X Factor knows about !! :lol:
daniel3786
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by daniel3786 »

Father Jack wrote:Thats 4 more chords than anyone else connected to X Factor knows about !! :lol:
Exactly, they couldn't even tell you what a chord is or how many notes are in a chord.

They are all talentless wankers, work in shoe shops and then after being on that show they think they know about music and are some kind of megastars. Not a chance.