Pete Steele - RIP

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Pete Steele - RIP

Post by grunge »

This rumour has been flying around all morning - I was really hoping it was BS but..... :evil:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/pete- ... 1962-2010/

I love Type O - Pete Steele was awesome.

Gutted! :(
Danger You, Danger Me, Danger Mouse!
Shock Me - Put on your black SWEATER!

ImageImageImage ImageImage
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Pete Steele - RIP

Post by Father Jack »

Yes, Mrs FJ is very gutted too. One of her fav singers.
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)
Location: Walsall, West Of The Midlands! Official KISS ARMY Member #1010 XBox Live: Oh4Q

Post by grunge »

stebeer`
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by stebeer` »

shall be digging out my copy of october rust this evening
met him once in 94, top bloke, was a big bugger tho invited my friend for her to sit on his knee she got quite scared
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

Shit news. I'm fuckin' gutted. That man was a fuckin' legend, Type O are an amazing band... never got to see them live though.

MJ, Pete... whose next? Sixx?!

Least it's not *-) ... otherwise i'd be on the edge! :shock:
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

from said blog

"Rumors of his death, terminal illness, and other speculations increased until the mystery was dispelled on the 2006 DVD, Symphony for the Devil. Included in this DVD is an interview in which Steele briefly mentions his incarceration in Riker’s Island and “the psych ward at Kings County Hospital”, both stints apparently caused by his heavy substance abuse, for which he also served time on probation."

When will people learn ?
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

I met pete Steele his grip was vice like...

He towered over me I'm 6.5 and built like a brick shithouse.he made me look small

only listening go Type O last night too.. RIP Pete Steele....
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Post by grunge »

Mr.Spireite wrote:from said blog

"Rumors of his death, terminal illness, and other speculations increased until the mystery was dispelled on the 2006 DVD, Symphony for the Devil. Included in this DVD is an interview in which Steele briefly mentions his incarceration in Riker’s Island and “the psych ward at Kings County Hospital”, both stints apparently caused by his heavy substance abuse, for which he also served time on probation."

When will people learn ?
very compassionate..... :roll:

He suffered from depression and other underlying conditions too so, that may have been a contributing factor to either his death, the reason for his substance abuse or both.

I saw them at MoR in '94 I think and on the October Rust tour.

Where KISS had confetti Type O had dead leaves!

Pure genius, fun without being funny, dark ironic humour and f**kin' great music.

I'll miss not hearing a new Type O album ever again....just sad! :(

w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Type O are one of my fave bands....I met Pete Steele on the October Rust tour and he was a true gent and a legend!!!!

Been blasting out Bloody Kisses and October Rust at work today.

R.I.P. Pete :( :( :(
Pete

Post by Pete »

When will people learn ?
Considering the year you've just had and the fact that you were on medication (abusing it or not) perhaps you should keep your own council here?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Mr.Spireite
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Mr.Spireite »

Pete wrote:

When will people learn ?
Considering the year you've just had and the fact that you were on medication (abusing it or not) perhaps you should keep your own council here?
I was on fluoexetine(sp) for about 6 months yep but not taking massive ammounts of drugs which lets face it a lot of what these people take are in heavy quantities and also ilegal and usually mixed with alcahol.

End of story.
stebeer`
Hotter Than Hell (1974)

Post by stebeer` »

theres an official statement from the band on the classic rock website
im at work so wont let me copy and paste the link for some reason
Spooky_Von_Glitter
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Spooky_Von_Glitter »

October Rust is one of my fave albums of all time.

Big, big shame that Pete has gone. Who cares if he went down the drugs route? Medicated or not. He's still dead and it's still a shame.
Derp de derp de diddly derp!
w00dy

Post by w00dy »

Here's ther statement released today.

The members of Type O Negative have released a joint statement and individual testimonials to frontman Pete Steele, who tragically passed away yesterday.

The following joint statement from the Type O Negative guys has been issued, following frontman Pete Steele passing away yesterday, of what is suspected to be heart failure:

“It is with great sadness that we inform you that Type O Negative front man, bassist, and our band mate, Peter Steele, passed away last night of what appears to be heart failure.

“Ironically Peter had been enjoying a long period of sobriety and improved health and was imminently due to begin writing and recording new music for our follow-up to ‘Dead Again’, released in 2007.

“The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results.

“The funeral services will be private and memorial services will be announced at a future date.

“We’d like to share our thoughts and those of Peter’s family below.

“We are truly saddened to lose our friend and appreciate the tremendous outpouring today from around the world.”

The following are statements from Type O Negative members:

Josh Silver (keyboards): “Peter, my endless source of frustration, (as I’m yours), you have really done it this time. You have changed and touched countless lives through music, comedy and often brutal honesty. You’ve made life both interesting and irritating and I could not imagine not having known you for 37 years.

“It still isn’t true in my mind, but in time I will miss you and the creating that we all endured together. We certainly disagreed constantly and I believe (and hope) we all learned from each other.

“Should I call you my brother, friend or neighbor? I can only call you Peter (and usually after 2 p.m).

“We laughed at ourselves more times then I can count. Knowing humans are preposterous creatures and I know we reveled in that fact.

“I will miss you in time, but at this moment your premature departure seems surreal and has pissed me off to no end.

“Though I never told you that I harbor a deep respect for you, I do.

“Goodbye my friend.”

Kenny Hickey (guitar): “Peter Steele was one of the most brilliant and funny personalities in music and it was all for real. Half the time people thought he was joking, but he was actually telling the truth. Part of me died with him.”

Johnny Kelly (drums): “It’s impossible for me to put into a few sentences what I am feeling at the moment, Peter.

“I’m not sure if I should eulogize or roast you.

“Both good and bad, we went on one hell of a ride together and sadly, the ride has come to an end.

“You truly were a unique person. Your music touched many people. Myself included. Whether it was talking about The Beatles, power tools, how Pluto was no longer considered a planet or calling me at 3 a.m. asking me to drive to your house to have a fistfight with you, you always kept it interesting.

“It was a privilege to have been your bandmate. It’s something that I will always cherish.”

A statement issued today by Steele’s family:

“Legendary goth/heavy metal musician Peter Steele died suddenly Wednesday, April 14, 2010, after a short illness at the age of 48. He wrote and orchestrated the music for the Brooklyn-based band Type O Negative, a groundbreaking group known for its dramatic lyrical emphasis on the themes of romance, depression, and death. Steele, renowned as much for his striking physical appearance as his musical talent, was the creative force behind the bands 20-year success writing most of the material for the their albums.

“Type O Negative and Steele have been lauded as a major influence by numerous alternative and metal bands. The band gained a worldwide following through touring and recording seven studio albums, two best-of compilations, concert DVDs and music videos. Their 1993 album, ‘Bloody Kisses’, went platinum, and the 1996 follow-up, ‘October Rust’, went gold.

“The music world has lost a great talent, and music fans worldwide are mourning, but for our family we are mourning a beloved brother, uncle, cousin, friend and funny man.

“Peter Steele was a complex man, known for his brooding looks, his self-deprecating sense of humor, unique view of the world, and most of all his loyalty to his fans, friends and family. Survived by five sisters, the eldest living sister notes that he was more than our brother, he was our son. His untimely death is tragic — a great loss to us and to music.

“The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results, and funeral plans at present remain unknown.

“The family thanks fans for their loyalty to Peter and band members, but request that fans and media respect their wishes for privacy.

“In addition to his success in music, Peter Steele also tried his hand at acting, appearing in HBO’s ‘Oz’ and the cult classic film ‘Bad Acid’. He also composed music for the film soundtracks ‘Freddy vs. Jason’ and ‘Mortal Combat’, the television movie ‘Nosferatu: The First Vampire’, and the soon-to-be released ‘Living the American Nightmare’.”

grunge
Peter Criss (1978)

Post by grunge »

I'm still really p'd off about him carking it!

:evil: