Journey,Foreigner,Styx at Brum

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
sweetpain
Alive II (1977)

Journey,Foreigner,Styx at Brum

Post by sweetpain »

So lots of people have been moaning about the sound quality on Sunday at the LG.
Didn't see Styx cos I had my face in a kebab.

Foreigner did a pretty good job. A greatest hits set which was to be expected.
Journey though for me were superb. Arnel has a great voice and bounces around with loads of energy.
Mother,Father was just outstanding and where I was, up the sides and at the back, the sound was as good as it can be in Brum.

My only moan,some miserable boring old tosser telling me to sit down :lol: Yeah,course I'll sit down, not !!! It's rock n'roll baby. get a life :roll:
MY LOVE WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Re: Journey,Foreigner,Styx at Brum

Post by Father Jack »

Hello stranger :lol:

I love it.....sit down at a concert ? Get a fuc*ing grip !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

It was all seated, pretty weird to see
ImageImageImageImage
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Just got back from two gigs ,, sweet as Fook , all three bands blew me away...

Don't mind the people standing get stand the fookin wankers who look for their seats mid set,,, if you can't be arsed finding your seat before the set wait till the end... Retard..!! And I tell em ..!! I'm trying to watch Mick Jones solo not your fat Arse...
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Bay wrote:It was all seated
As all gigs should be in my opinion, bloody tall people getting in my way all the time! The tall people should have their own section.......right at the back !!!!! :D
Whats the point in spending all that money to watch the back of someones head all night, and if you go down the front you have the mentalists who push you and whack you in the face, so, what is a small person to do ???
Bring in the height restrictions i say !!!! :wink: :lol:
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Sweetpain glad you had a great show. 8)

MrsFatherJack wrote:
Bay wrote:It was all seated
As all gigs should be in my opinion, bloody tall people getting in my way all the time! The tall people should have their own section.......right at the back !!!!! :D
Bring in the height restrictions i say !!!! :wink: :lol:
As one of the smallest of the small :wink: .... if it's standing - i get to the front and stay there period ... no booze on gig day = no gypsy's kiss break (unless it's SIOL time at a KISS gig :wink: :wink: :wink: )
The respectful sit down gigs - I never attend a rock seated gig, the ones I do - folk gigs, cabaret style gigs - nobody stands.
So presumably Journey - slot themselves in the rock/cabaret and/or they have the VIP/AAA/meet n' greet crap - so they have to have seats in.

I would have liked to have done Jurney - enjoyed them the few times I've seen them - Arrow Rock, Wolverhampton in 2008 and Dublin and Donington 2009. But with TS at Donington/Download and the Big Thrash 4 at Sonisphere - the losers this year were/are Journey and Rush.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote: As one of the smallest of the small :wink: .... if it's standing - i get to the front and stay there period ... no booze on gig day = no gypsy's kiss break (unless it's SIOL time at a KISS gig :wink: :wink: :wink: )
The respectful sit down gigs - I never attend a rock seated gig, the ones I do - folk gigs, cabaret style gigs - nobody stands.
So presumably Journey - slot themselves in the rock/cabaret and/or they have the VIP/AAA/meet n' greet crap - so they have to have seats in.

I would have liked to have done Jurney - enjoyed them the few times I've seen them - Arrow Rock, Wolverhampton in 2008 and Dublin and Donington 2009. But with TS at Donington/Download and the Big Thrash 4 at Sonisphere - the losers this year were/are Journey and Rush.
How about Alice Cooper/TS at the Notts arena (??) in 2005? :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Post by Dan bach »

Pete wrote:
Dan bach wrote: The respectful sit down gigs - I never attend a rock seated gig, the ones I do - folk gigs, cabaret style gigs - nobody stands.
Forgotten about that, also Journey's Civic (Wolvo) was sit down too.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Dan bach wrote:
Pete wrote:
Dan bach wrote: The respectful sit down gigs - I never attend a rock seated gig, the ones I do - folk gigs, cabaret style gigs - nobody stands.
Forgotten about that, also Journey's Civic (Wolvo) was sit down too.
Just pulling your leg matey. :wink:
Sit or stand as long as you have a good time it doesn't really matter...does it?
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Ma
Gene Simmons (1978)

Post by Ma »

Pete wrote:Sit or stand as long as you have a good time
WHHHEY !! :lol:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Pete wrote: Sit or stand as long as you have a good time it doesn't really matter...does it?
Or Dance :wink: :lol: :lol:
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
dtkdemongene
Music From "The Elder" (1981)

Post by dtkdemongene »

Saw this show at Wembley - all three bands outstanding with for me Styx & Journey just ahead of Foreigner.... Loved EVERY minute of it! :razz: 8) 8)
Live the KISS experience with the World's longest running/Europe's #1 KISS Tribute Band 'Dressed To Kill'.
http://www.dressedtokill.org.uk
http://www.myspace.com/kisstributeuk
The PERSONAL choice of Gene Simmons - "Accept NO substitutes!"
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Last night again reiterated just why i love rock music so much....

Three excellent bands up on stage playing live and proving that even though the years may be advancing they really do still know how to rock n roll.We got nosebleed seats for £20 and its got to be the best value concert ticket i ever had.All three bands delivered in spades and dare i say it i enjoyed Foreigner slightly more than Journey and Styx, that said best triple bill i ever saw.

An unforgettable night!

P.S. Bumped into Sour Mash(Ian) always a pleasure mate...what was it like sat up on the roof??? :wink: :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Gary you are right fantastic,, wished they slipped Reo and Night Ranger on the bill too,,!

Totally agree Don great night so was Newcastle, and when I was shown my seat I was like WTF ..!!! As it turned out it was a great view and I'd sit there again ..!!!

As for standing fu*k that whenever I stand it totally kills my back and I end up going straight back to hotel and resting my back, exception being at Saxon for Danny and Sarahs do but that was maybe because I was pissed..!!
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Father Jack
Greatest KISS (1996)

Post by Father Jack »

You sir ?
Drunk sir ?
The ? :shock: