The Van Halen Thread

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: The Van Halen Thread

Post by Pete »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:
crad wrote:Full show from march.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DLR sounds awful, dances awful and looks like a Grandad.

Had to stop watchin. So sad cos they did some of the best shows I have EVER seen back in the day.

Sometimes things sound be left alone.
Bit like Kiss eh? :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

Pete wrote:
RippingFleshFromBone wrote:DLR sounds awful, dances awful and looks like a Grandad.

Had to stop watchin. So sad cos they did some of the best shows I have EVER seen back in the day.

Sometimes things sound be left alone.
Bit like Kiss eh? :wink:
That arguement could be made, yes! And I probably have done!!!

You can replace band memebers like guitarists/bassists with anyone who can at least play (whether they can play the song as well or as with as much sytle is open to opinion) but when a vocalist justs sounds shite, like with DLR & Stanley ( :( ) then you have a REAL problem.

DLR just needs to re-discover Jack Daniels again and go buy himself a BIG bag of coke!!! Then he might remember why VH were the BIGGEST and BEST party band out there.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote: DLR just needs to re-discover Jack Daniels again and go buy himself a BIG bag of coke!!! Then he might remember why VH were the BIGGEST and BEST party band out there.
Whilst I can't in any way condone that kind of behaviour it is a very good point.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
Pete

Post by Pete »

Frehley75 wrote:
RippingFleshFromBone wrote: DLR just needs to re-discover Jack Daniels again and go buy himself a BIG bag of coke!!! Then he might remember why VH were the BIGGEST and BEST party band out there.
Whilst I can't in any way condone that kind of behaviour it is a very good point.
Same applies to Aerosmith too...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Frehley75

Post by Frehley75 »

Pete wrote:
Frehley75 wrote:
Same applies to Aerosmith too...
Exactly.
"Hi, I'm Rich Pelley. I'm on the guest list."

"Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom"
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

Frehley75 wrote:
Pete wrote: Same applies to Aerosmith too...
Exactly.
Could probably add Rolling Stones to that also...tho I'm not sure if Keef has actually given up the 'substances!!'
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Pete

Post by Pete »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-va ... long-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eddie Van Halen on Future Work with David Lee Roth: ‘I See Us Doing This for a Long, Long Time’

Eddie Van Halen says the current album cycle with David Lee Roth isn’t a one-time gimmick. This is the future of Van Halen, and the band has a bright future. In an interview with Guitar World the legendary guitarist talks about what once held them back and what now keeps them looking forward.

“It feels more like a band and a family than it ever has, and not just because three-quarters of it is family,” Van Halen says in the current issue of the magazine. “Working with Dave has been very productive. We’re all very opinionated about things, but it’s all for the benefit of the music.”

Van Halen says he’s blessed to be out of a dark period, and working with his brother Alex and son Wolfgang. “I have a wonderful wife, wonderful friends and a son who doesn’t smoke, drink or do drugs … What more could I ask for?”

When reflecting on the band’s past drama and lineup changes, Eddie says “It wasn’t really us, it was people around us. When you’re doing drugs, drinking and partying, you start believing the s–t people tell you. Those days are gone. We’ve gotten rid of peole who don’t belong here.”

While the second leg of the American tour was postponed, the band will pick up again this November in Japan. Eddie Van Halen says that when this cycle finishes, he fully expects to take a break and then pick up writing and recording the next album. “That’s what I hope to do. I’m pretty sure that’s what our intention is.” They’ve also hinted at more 2013 American tour dates.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

While the second leg of the American tour was postponed, the band will pick up again this November in Japan. Eddie Van Halen says that when this cycle finishes, he fully expects to take a break and then pick up writing and recording the next album. “That’s what I hope to do. I’m pretty sure that’s what our intention is.” They’ve also hinted at more 2013 American tour dates.

No UK shows then Eddie? What a c*nt! :roll:
Oh wow im really shocked they have more U.S dates planned for 2013! :roll:
There new album went to number six in the charts here and we dont even get one show. :roll:
F**k em!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Downy wrote:While the second leg of the American tour was postponed, the band will pick up again this November in Japan. Eddie Van Halen says that when this cycle finishes, he fully expects to take a break and then pick up writing and recording the next album. “That’s what I hope to do. I’m pretty sure that’s what our intention is.” They’ve also hinted at more 2013 American tour dates.

There new album went to number six in the charts here and we dont even get one show. :roll:
F**k em!
Whilst it doesn't say anything about any UK shows it also doesn't say anything about NOT doing UK shows... :wink:
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Pete wrote:
Downy wrote:While the second leg of the American tour was postponed, the band will pick up again this November in Japan. Eddie Van Halen says that when this cycle finishes, he fully expects to take a break and then pick up writing and recording the next album. “That’s what I hope to do. I’m pretty sure that’s what our intention is.” They’ve also hinted at more 2013 American tour dates.

F**k em!
Whists it doesn't say anything about any UK shows it also doesn't say anything about NOT doing UK shows... :wink:
I will bet you say a tenner that they dont play any U.K shows. :wink:
**Edit: on this tour**
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Something else for you to complain about :roll: Not you paul :)
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

crad wrote:Something else for you to complain about :roll: Not you paul :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

The plot thickens... http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-hale ... cancelled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Halen may have bit off more than they can chew, and they know it. The veteran rockers made headlines earlier this year when they postponed 31 North American tour dates, and now those dates have been canceled.

At the time, David Lee Roth posted a video update stating that there was no recurrence of past tensions in the band but rather realizing they couldn’t keep up the extensive touring pace.

Though the group went ahead and booked a tour of Japan later in the year after the postponement announcement, they’ve now decided to give themselves a bit of a break before returning to the road. Pollstar.com reports that fans with tickets for any shows scheduled after June 28 will be offered a full refund. Cities affected by the cancellations include Uncasville, Baltimore, Rochester, Detroit, Toledo, Memphis, Sacramento, Reno, and Milwaukee.
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Sour Mash
Unmasked (1980)

Post by Sour Mash »

Not at all Ethical booking a Japan tour when there is tens of thousands disapointed ticket holders In 31 American cities....

Fook Van Halen their comeback album was Shite
IAN

http://kissoffline2012.forumotion.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dont Take Shit from anyone...ever....
Gene Simmons 1984..
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Sour Mash wrote:Not at all Ethical booking a Japan tour when there is tens of thousands disapointed ticket holders In 31 American cities....

Fook Van Halen their comeback album was Shite
You make a very good point there mate and im starting to think fook VH too. :lol: