Post by Downy »

Would love to see Van Halen so maybe I will get my chance next year. :D
Im not holding my breath though :wink: :lol:
Dan bach
Animalize (1984)

Re: Van Halen hit the studio

Post by Dan bach »

How things have changed ...

Yesteryear, tours were postponed or even cancelled because albums were over-running. Now it seems albums will be postponed because tours are generating more money.

I'll think about going - see when, where and how much.
Pete

Post by Pete »

I would guess a possible festival spot to gauge how much their is interest in the band , followed by maybe later in the year a tour of the arenas.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

From Classicrockmagazine.com

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... -producer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Van Halen appear to have chosen a producer for their rumoured new studio album.

It’s said to be John Shanks, with the band reportedly planning to work at his Henson Studio as well as guitarist Eddie Van Halen’s own 5150 facility.

Now we must stress that none of this info has been confirmed by official sources. However, according to the Van Halen News Desk (which is totally unofficial) via Blabbermouth, the three Van Halens – Eddie, bassist Wolfgang and drummer Alex – have been working on new music, which they’re then sending to frontman David Lee Roth, who’s adding the lyrics.

According to the site, the band are trawling through Eddie’s extensive library of unreleased songs and riffs, even reaching back to Van Halen’s early unreleased demos for added inspiration.

The site even goes so far as to claim that their sources have heard some of the early versions of certain tracks (without any vocals). Apparently they sound like (and we quote) ‘straight-ahead rock’n’roll and very Van Halen’.

Whether any or all of this turns out to be accurate remains to be seen.

For all the latest official info, go to http://www.van-halen.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

I think they are just taking baby steps at this time. :wink:
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

The TRUTH about the Van Halen rumors:
And now for the die-hard fans, the Van Halen News Desk will tackle all the currently widespread rumors and either shoot them down or confirm them as true.
Rumor: Van Halen are working towards finishing recording of a new studio album with David Lee Roth and a single is slated for release before the end of this year.
FALSE. The band starts recording in January.

Rumor: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, and likely European and Australian dates.
FALSE. Although a 2011 tour may occur, no such tour is currently planned.

Rumor: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
Mostly TRUE. The band has written lots of new music and hopes to complete an album, but a nothing is definite right now.

Rumor: DLR’s vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio.
Misleading. This is true, but only in regards to the early demos, not the final recordings. This is what many bands do before entering the studio. The entire band will reconvene in the studio in January.

Rumor: Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.
FALSE. Eddie might have recorded some of the bass parts for the early demos when Wolfie wasn’t around, as he often did when Michael Anthony was in the band. Wolfgang has been recording demos all year, and he’ll be playing all the bass parts on the finished tracks.

Rumor: There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album.
FALSE. If a new album is released, it will most likely be a direct deal with Walmart or Best Buy.

Rumor: Van Halen has chosen Ross Hogarth to produce new music.
FALSE. The producer they chose is John Shanks. Hogarth is an engineer rather than a producer, and is not involved with Van Halen whatsoever.

Rumor: Chris Cornell from Soundgarden has recorded some background vocals on some of the new music.
FALSE.

Rumor: A spokeperson for Van Halen recently clarified that the band isn’t doing anything and that there will definitely be no new album or tour next year.
FALSE. A spokeperson for Van Halen did indeed shoot down the recent rumors of a planned tour and an album near completion. He was being honest in doing so, since there is currently neither a tour planned, nor an album near completion. However, he did say that the band is currently “working on stuff”, but gave no further details.

Rumor: The main reason that the band never released a DVD of the 2007-2008 tour was because the band members could not reach a financial agreement over the deal.
FALSE. The reason that it wasn’t released had nothing at all to do with finances. The band simply wasn’t happy enough with the footage and felt that many camera angels weren’t right.

Rumor: Warner Bros is preparing to release Blu-Ray editions of “Live Without a Net” and “Live Right Here Right Now.”
Unknown. We don’t know if this is true or not.

Rumor: Warner Bros is preparing to release re-masters of the four Sammy Hagar era Van Halen CDs.
Partially True. Rhino is talking about releasing remasters of the Sammy Hagar era albums, but nothing has been decided yet.

Stay tuned to VHND.com for the truth about Van Halen 2011!
Pete

Post by Pete »

The worst kept secret in the world is finally made official...

From http://www.MelodicRock.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VAN HALEN COMMENCE WORK WITH PRODUCER JOHN SHANKS:
Van Halen will formally start work on a new studio album with Grammy Award winning producer John Shanks Monday January 17. The news of the band's plans was confirmed by myself this weekend.
Rumours of Shanks' involvement with the band surfaced a couple of months ago at the Van Halen Newsdesk. It can now be confirmed.
The band will record their first all-new studio album since 1998's Van Halen III and their first with original singer David Lee Roth since 1983's 1984.
There are no further details available about this latest stint in the studio, nor any suggestion of when the band will be finished and anything subsequently released. Manager Irving Azoff is said to be pushing the band to tour, but I'm told Eddie Van Halen is reluctant to do so without any new material to release.
So while a 2011 tour has been publicly mentioned previously by Azoff, it remains up in the air as to when, or even if a tour will happen this year. A record needs to be completed and I doubt anyone will want to start speculating as to when that will happen.

Questions remain about what happened to the much discussed 2010 recording sessions with producer Ross Hogarth. Officially denied, and not likely to ever be addressed, the fact remains the band were in the studio writing and working for much of 2010. Several famous names commented positively about hearing new material during 2010, including Dweezil Zappa & John 5.
Additionally Warner Publishing issued a press release mid-year stating that the band had re-signed to the company, adding that they were (at that stage) in the studio recording.

Additional rumors remain about Warner's desire to release remastered versions of the band's Sammy Hagar fronted albums and I'm hearing talk of a career spanning Box Set at some stage - fuelled by news that Warner also reached new publishing agreements with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and David Lee Roth in 2010.

Stay tuned...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ide-of-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Van Halen Confirm Tour Outside Of US

Van Halen have announced a tour outside of America – but not in the UK.

The band will be headlining the Soundwave Revolution tour of Australia, which runs from late September to early October. In all, there are five dates. But it gives us hope that the Halens might be tempted over here.

To see who else is on the bill, go to http://www.soundwaverevolution.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

That will be a warm up gig for a winter tour of the uk arena's :D
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00529.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Lee Roth has posted a short message on his official website simply stating "Get ready...", leading many to believe the singer's first studio album with Van Halen since the multi-platinum '1984' will soon see the light of day. Van Halen -- now consisting of Roth, Alex Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen and his son Wolfgang on bass -- has been in the studio working with producer John Shanks.

Meanwhile, the Van Halen News Desk reports that Alter Bridge/Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti is good friends with Wolfgang Van Halen and was recently invited to 5150 studios, where Eddie, Alex, and Wolfgang Van Halen performed their not-yet-released new record live in the studio, from front to back. He called the experience "Incredible."

Yesterday, a few more details emerged as Tremonti called in to Ross Ford's morning radio show on 94.3 KILO in Colorado and spoke more about his recent trip to 5150.

Describing more about the experience, Mark says, 'Wolfie asked if me and my buddy Eric wanted to go checkout rehearsals the next day over at his dad's house. And I said (laughs) "Of course!" (laughs) So he picked me up the next day and we drove to this big, gated home and we get to 5150 studios. It was just me, my buddy Eric, Wolfie and Eddie in one room, and then Alex was in the other room behind some plexiglass, and then they played down the entire new album. What makes it so great is that they took what they could from all their old demos back in the '80's and pretty much did what they could to create songs out of old ideas, so it sounds like vintage Van Halen. Musically it sounds in the [early '80's] era. I didn't hear any vocals -- David was not there. It was just the three of them and the music sounded like very authentic, old school Van Halen. It was a just a crazy experience to sit there and watch. Eddie was four feet from me, and Wolfie was on the other side. The guys were very excited to be doing what they're doing.

'I remember commenting on Wolfgang's bass parts -- I said, "Man, that was a great chordal thing you did at the end there." And then Eddie looked at me and joked, "Wha..wha..wha.. how was MY part?" (laughs) , "Dude, you're Eddie Van Halen. Your part is incredible every single time! (laughs). He was very, very nice. I couldn't have had a better experience."

When talking about his friendship with Wolfgang, Mark says, "He's just a good, good guy. Every time I see him he's a very positive, humble guy. Being the son of Eddie Van Halen, you don't know what you'd expect, but he's the nicest guy in the world. He's more talented than anybody. He's a drummer, guitar player, bass player, and great singer. I think that when you learn young, you become that much better and he's been doing it since he was a baby, so he's a very, very talented guy. We call him Wolfie."
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

from melodicrock.com

VAN HALEN - ALBUM & SINGLE STILL COMING; WORLD TOUR BEING BOOKED:
Welcome to Monday folks... My last Van Halen update was rumours and gossip, but this time around I have some Van Halen FACTS for you. Well...as factual as anything ever gets in VanHalenLand, delivered by a known and trusted source close to ground zero - who, up until this point hasn't had any info at all, as they are not in the habit of delivering rumours to me. Let's go...

- The new Van Halen studio album has NO release date at this point as it is not yet 100% finished. Yep...they are still working on completing it. John Shanks did his bit and now Ross Hogarth, after working with the band in 2010 is back at 5150 to finish the job. There is a single imminent however, but again a date for that arriving at radio or retail is also not yet firm. I'm told "they" are still working on a final mix for the single.
As for a date for the album - I have said all along my money is on October. I'm sticking to that, but with this info, I'd say late October now. No way will the album drop while the band are in Australia and it is desired to have the album out by November because...
- Van Halen's US tour will commence in NOVEMBER!
- Van Halen's 2011/2012 tour will commence in November and I'm told it is likely that the band will stay on the road thru the next Northern summer (mid-2012) with the tour taking in Asia, South America and Europe (watch for the band to possibly headline some festivals in Europe 2012).

That's it for now folks.....short, but concise. Work continues on this album and a single might appear next month. Tour plans are being locked in for a sizeable world tour starting in Australia in September then re-launching in the US in November.

Speaking of the Australian dates coming up, the guy in charge of the Soundwave Festival here in Oz (A.J.) that Van Halen will headline has voiced some frustration at dealing with the band over these dates. On his Twitter account (twitter.com/#!/iamnotshouting) the following two messages:
- "I must say, for one of the world's biggest bands, Van Halen are surrounded by idiots." and "2 months after announcement still can't get the dates on their site despite daily promises...".

And from Classicrockmagazine.com
Van Halen are getting ever closer to finishing their new studio album.

Producer Ross Hogarth has revealed that the record’s in the mixing stages, and everything’s prepared for a release later in the year.

Talking to ultimate-guitar.com, Hogarth said:

“The whole Van Halen record has been recorded and we’re all excited. We have just started mixing the record. I’m really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie and Alex with Wolf playing bass, and David Lee Roth singing, it’s the killing side of Van Halen at the top of their game again with Diamond Dave, and the band on fire.”

Van Halen will reportedly tour extensively in support of their new album. But their only confirmed 2011 dates so far are a series of shows headlining Australia’s Soundwave Revolution festival, with other acts including Alice Cooper, Alter Bridge, Steel Panther, Hole, Danzig, Machine Head, The Damn Things and The Devin Townsend Project.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Bay
Best Of The Solo Albums (1979)

Post by Bay »

And after all that, Van Halen have cancelled! :roll:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/08/10/so ... ntroversy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
Pete

Post by Pete »

Bay wrote:And after all that, Van Halen have cancelled! :roll:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/08/10/so ... ntroversy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not if you read the whole article...

Australia's Soundwave Festival, which was to be headlined by the one and only Van Halen, has been canceled. The traveling festival was to run for five dates and was to be the band's first headline show in three years. It was slated to kick off this September in Brisbane but alas, the fest 'tis no more. The VH lineup consisted of guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen, singer David Lee Roth and Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen filling Michael Anthony's former role on bass. The VHs and the DLR was reason enough to put people in the seats, but it seems that there was some trouble brewing behind-the-scenes. At the center of the controversy? None other than Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst.

Other acts on the bill included Alice Cooper, Panic! At the Disco and Sum 41, so it was to have been an eclectic collection of rockers. However, promoter AJ Maddah announced that the five-date fest has been canned due to their failure to attract a second big name headliner. Epic fail!

Maddah supposedly told Nova, a Sydney-based radio station, that "the festival as we know it has been canceled. We were scheduled to make a second announcement on the first of August, about our festival co-headliner. Their circumstances changed at the last minute, and they had to pull out. Unfortunately, we don't have enough time to replace them."

Rumors persist that the band that performed a little "concert coitus interruptus" was Limp Bizkit. Bizkit impresario and resident muck raker Fred Durst took to Twitter to shoot down those claims, instead accusing Van Halen of calling the whole thing off. Drama!

Durst posted this tweet: "Hello my Australian people! Little FYI (for your information) for you - we were never on the bill to play any festival down under. So, looks like VH (Van Halen) cancels and we get thrown in the mix, classic. All I can say is that we are very excited to rock OZ as soon as possible. I'll drink to that!"

With Soundwave off the table, Van Halen will have more time to work on its first studio platter with DLR since 1984. Jeez, has it been almost 30 years since DLR sang over an EVH riff? Bring it, boys!

From VNHD.com

Van Halen Update 8/10/11
Wednesday, 10 August 2011 Here’s a quick update on the latest news about the upcoming Van Halen album and tour.

1) AUSTRALIAN SHOWS, ALBUM, TOUR: MelodicRock has this update today:

A Van Halen and Soundwave Revolution Festival update for you. I’m hearing from one of my sources connected to the band that Van Halen did NOT pull out of the Soundwave Festival and had things gone ahead as planned, the band was 100% ready to appear as publicised. I have no reason to doubt this info, but I will state that I find it puzzling and somewhat disappointing there is no “official” word or statement from the band.

I am also told that there are now no plans for Van Halen to tour Australia. That’s 2011/2012 folks….no plans at all. 13 years since their first tour and now nothing. I’m hearing that the US tour remains in planning to commence in November and the studio album is due by that time.

I also hear that the band are looking for European Festival appearances for summer 2012, not necessarily any standalone dates for that region.

2) ALL IS GOOD: We hear that all is good and that everyone in the band is doing great and that they are still working on mixing the album and planning the tour.

3) ROTH: The “Get Ready” message is back on DavidLeeRoth.com.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Bit more from VHND.com

Soundwave Revolution Cancelled Because Of Aerosmith Backing Out & Lagging Ticket Sales
Tuesday, 9 August 2011 When it was announced that the Soundwave Revolution festival in Australia was cancelled yesterday, some fans were quick to blame Van Halen, assuming that they must have pulled out of the festival. The truth is, Van Halen DID NOT pull out of Soundwave Revolution, and had nothing to do with the festival being cancelled.

The promoter had been planning on securing one or two additional headliners, which he was unable to do. Triple M in Australia revealed today that AEROSMITH was the unannounced second headliner that pulled out of the festival. Between Aerosmith backing out, and lagging ticket sales, the promoter decided to cancel the festival.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!