The Van Halen Thread

Talk about other bands... or whatever!
Pete

Re: The Van Halen Thread

Post by Pete »

Downy wrote:Im confused,who are you actually having a go at here Crad?

Me. He doesn't like the fact that I post the article and link. I think it's good manners to post both. If I'm wrong...shoot me!

Anyhoo...enough of my yakkin...

http://vimeo.com/42480835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should answer all the outstanding issues... :D
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Oh right...I was thinking WTF have I done now. :lol:
I say no more. :wink:
nicksmithworld
Killers (1982)
Location: Wolverhampton "You are the rock'n'roll capital of the World!"

Post by nicksmithworld »

feel free to feel offended, cyber-bullied, put out, outside of the clique, side-lined, marginalised or just generally have the piss taken out of. However it's a JOKE!-Nick's Mirth World!
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Ive got to be honest,im not suprised they are knackered when they are playing every town and city within 10 minutes of each other. :roll:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Downy wrote:Ive got to be honest,im not suprised they are knackered when they are playing every town and city within 10 minutes of each other. :roll:
I did wonder if they were over stretching themselves when they added the second leg. They went on on tour on 17th Feb in KY & (will) have been on the road until 26th June. Four months of touring is hard for anyone but for a bunch of 50 somethings (And Wolfgang!!)...

Still at least we know they are all well & getting on with each other...
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Pete wrote:
Downy wrote:Ive got to be honest,im not suprised they are knackered when they are playing every town and city within 10 minutes of each other. :roll:
I did wonder if they were over stretching themselves when they added the second leg. They went on on tour on 17th Feb in KY & (will) have been on the road until 26th June. Four months of touring are hard for anyone but for a bunch of 50 sometings (And Wolfgang!!)...

Still at least we know they are all well & getting on with each other...
True and that's the important thing. :)
Now time for some U.K shows. :D
Pete

Post by Pete »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ays-wrong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eddie Van Halen says the band went out on tour long before they wanted to – and that’s one of the reasons they postponed a series of dates during the summer.

And he’s revealed his relief when son Wolfgang, bassist in Van Halen, first showed an interest in and talent for music at an early age.

A Different Kind of Truth, their first album with David Lee Roth since 1984, pushed the band back into the limelight earlier this year – then gave rise to speculation that their old feuds had risen when they suddenly pulled 30 shows of their tour.

But Van Halen says they knew it was too soon to hit the road, and they only reason they did it was to play New York’s Madison Square Garden before the venue closed for refurbishment.

He tells USA Today: “The record took a lot out of us, then we went on tour earlier than we wanted to so we could play Madison Square Garden, and that threw the schedule out of whack.”

But he’s hinted the band will make it up to their fans, saying: “In November we’ll hit Japan and in the new year we’ll possibly do something special – but I can’t talk about it.”

Meanwhile, the guitarist says he didn’t try to force Wolfgang into a musical career, and he didn’t even tell him much about Van Halen’s musical heritage – but he was overjoyed when his son found his own way into the art.

“A lot of people are born with a gift but they just kind of half-ass it,” says the proud dad. “They never reach the level they could be at. At the opposite end you have people who are not born with the natural ability, who work so damn hard but never get anywhere because they don’t have that edge.

“To be born with rhythm is a helluva bonus.” Turning to Wolfgang he says: “I was so happy when I saw you foot-tapping to a commercial. ‘Yes – he’s got rhythm!’”

Wolfgang reveals the best advice his father has given him is: “You only have twelve notes. It’s a matter of how you use them.” In turn, Eddie says his dad told him: “If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile. People will think you meant it
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

Pete wrote:http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ays-wrong/
Eddie Van Halen says the band went out on tour long before they wanted to – and that’s one of the reasons they postponed a series of dates during the summer.

And he’s revealed his relief when son Wolfgang, bassist in Van Halen, first showed an interest in and talent for music at an early age.

A Different Kind of Truth, their first album with David Lee Roth since 1984, pushed the band back into the limelight earlier this year – then gave rise to speculation that their old feuds had risen when they suddenly pulled 30 shows of their tour.

But Van Halen says they knew it was too soon to hit the road, and they only reason they did it was to play New York’s Madison Square Garden before the venue closed for refurbishment.

He tells USA Today: “The record took a lot out of us, then we went on tour earlier than we wanted to so we could play Madison Square Garden, and that threw the schedule out of whack.”

But he’s hinted the band will make it up to their fans, saying: “In November we’ll hit Japan and in the new year we’ll possibly do something special – but I can’t talk about it.”

Meanwhile, the guitarist says he didn’t try to force Wolfgang into a musical career, and he didn’t even tell him much about Van Halen’s musical heritage – but he was overjoyed when his son found his own way into the art.

“A lot of people are born with a gift but they just kind of half-ass it,” says the proud dad. “They never reach the level they could be at. At the opposite end you have people who are not born with the natural ability, who work so damn hard but never get anywhere because they don’t have that edge.

“To be born with rhythm is a helluva bonus.” Turning to Wolfgang he says: “I was so happy when I saw you foot-tapping to a commercial. ‘Yes – he’s got rhythm!’”

Wolfgang reveals the best advice his father has given him is: “You only have twelve notes. It’s a matter of how you use them.” In turn, Eddie says his dad told him: “If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile. People will think you meant it
Cool interview Pete!!
Thanks for posting it. :)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Downy wrote: Cool interview Pete!!
Thanks for posting it. :)
If you haven't already, click the link for a video interview with WVH & EVH.
*-) $-) ACE-) 3-)
crad
Creatures Of The Night (1982)

Post by crad »

Full show from march.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If offended please feel free to report me to your nearest MOD
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

crad wrote:Full show from march.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DLR sounds awful, dances awful and looks like a Grandad.

Had to stop watchin. So sad cos they did some of the best shows I have EVER seen back in the day.

Sometimes things sound be left alone.
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

AxeBass
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by AxeBass »

RippingFleshFromBone wrote:

Had to stop watchin. So sad cos they did some of the best shows I have EVER seen back in the day.

I haven't clicked the link above yet, but from this review I'm looking forward to it.... :lol:
acesmiddlefinger
Paul Stanley (1978)

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

AxeBass wrote:

I haven't clicked the link above yet, but from this review I'm looking forward to it.... :lol:
I'm noticing a recurring theme here... :wink:

I hope you two are going to have a cuddle at the London gig... :lol: :lol:
'Who knows where we'll be in the morning,i know we're here tonight'
RippingFleshFromBone
Dynasty (1979)

Post by RippingFleshFromBone »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:I'm noticing a recurring theme here... :wink:

I hope you two are going to have a cuddle at the London gig... :lol: :lol:
It's like 'ying n yang!'...tho who is which you can decide!
ACK!...It's Rock 'n' Roll!!

Downy
Dynasty (1979)

Post by Downy »

I agree. DLR does in fact sounds awful and his performance is not good.
O.k so the guy is in his 50's but he can do better.
Time to get Sammy back then. :wink: