It's hard to believe but it's 20 years ago today since I started KISSin' UK! Shortly after Donington in 1996 I was fed up of not being able to find any UK KISS news online, so I decided to try and do something about it. Back then we didn't even have the kissinuk.com domain, we were based at a Demon address which can still be seen over at the Wayback Machine.
I've been very lucky to be involved with the site for so long and I'm very grateful to everyone who has helped along the way, from people helping with articles, the forum, reviews, photos, competitions and lots more. Pretty sure 20 years now makes us the longest running KISS site under single ownership in the whole world!
Some special shout-outs go to:
- Everyone who has contributed and helped over the past 20 years, including Dan Bach, Daniel Hill (his NYC article is still to this day one of the most visited pages), Martin Wombwell, Nick Smith, Giorgio, all of Dressed To Kill, Terri Bey, all the forum Mods over the years, Darren Wells, Dino, Keith Leroux, Mike Brandvold and everyone else I've missed!
- All my family who have helped out through the years, especially my wife Wendy who wrote one of the first reviews on the site from the NEC show in 1996 (which was on her birthday, lucky her!). Plus my sister Michelle for running the show along with Dan Bach many years ago and my daughter & parents for putting up with my obsession.
- All the friends I've made on the way, KISS fans are without doubt the nicest people you can ever meet anywhere in the world.
- Every single member of KISS who have inspired me since I became a fan in 1991, Paul, Gene, Ace, Peter, Eric, Vinnie, Mark, Bruce, Eric & Tommy
- And of course everyone who has visited the site over the years.
Some highlights for me include being invited backstage, attending a backstage party, press conferences, meeting Gene & Shannon on The One Show, Gene's business talk, interviewing the late Mark St John, interviewing Peter and Ace, meeting Bruce and a whole lot more.
I have no idea how long I'll continue the site, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Cheers!